Windows 10: Encryption or not?

Discus and support Encryption or not? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I noticed this evening that BitLocker encryption comes with my Win10 Pro. I sometimes fear that if my home was burgled and my PC was taken that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lugwalker, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Lugwalker Win User

Encryption or not?

I noticed this evening that BitLocker encryption comes with my Win10 Pro. I sometimes fear that if my home was burgled and my PC was taken that the burglar would then have access to all my data. Would you recommend using BitLocker encryption and would it slow down my computer in daily use? If I installed BitLocker and sent a file to somebody would they need a key to read the file? If there was an alternative strategy to using BitLocker to thwart burglars accessing my files on the stolen computer, I'd appreciate advice on the matter.

Many thanks.

:)

Lugwalker, Dec 8, 2019

2. Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Dec 8, 2019
  3. Encryption

Hello Miriam,

For us to be able to isolate your concern why your devices page says it is not encrypted when you've turn on encryption, kindly answer these questions:

• Does this happen before you encrypt the device?
    • Which Windows version currently running on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We will be waiting for update.

Gerald Mal, Dec 8, 2019
  4. Encryption or not?

Encrypting a folder

Hello Bill,

To encrypt a folder in Windows 10 Home, follow these steps:

• Right-click the folder you want to encrypt and click Properties.
    • On the General tab, click Advanced.
    • Under Compress or Encrypt attributes, click Encrypt contents to secure data.
    • Click OK then Apply to save the changes.

We're just here if you need further help.

Devlin Sco, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Encryption or not?

1. Encryption or not? - Similar Threads - Encryption

2. Device Encryption for Dell windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Device Encryption for Dell windows 10: Device Encryption for Dell windows 10 I tried to update my BIOS as suggested by Dell but it kept failing. Here is their reply: We received a support assist request reporting that your computer is unable to update the latest version of System Bios. We regret for the...
  3. v9v96 encryption

v9v96 encryption: Hello everyone! Today I was typing my homework peacefully on word and suddenly my computer restarted on its own! After that I had a black background written on it the following sentence "your files are encrypted with v9v96, follow the instruction" so files names are...
  4. bit locker and disk encryption

bit locker and disk encryption: Hello Team Unable to fin bitlocker or disk-encrypton in control panel or windows security. Nether I am able to install from microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bit-locker-and-disk-encryption/2e31c258-ab89-4998-a56b-6faa05cb5466
  5. Bitlocker encryption stuck and it seems to slow down entire system IO

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bitlocker encryption stuck and it seems to slow down entire system IO: I have multiple disks on my Windows 10 PC. I did BitLocker encryption on g: yesterday and it stuck at 94.8%. After rebooting I can unlock the drive, encryption resumed at 94.8%, but any access to folder or file is very slow. When I watch task manager, there is no...
  6. Bitlocker encrypted drive access denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitlocker encrypted drive access denied: When I open bitlocker password protected drive than error shows that "The code execution cannot proceed because FVEAPI.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem". plz help me and how to fix this error. window 10 pro education version1909 [ATTACH]...
  7. Device Encryption error

Device Encryption error: Hello, I am using a Dell Inspiron 5379 laptop with Windows 10 Home and i need to have it encrypted. Due to an Error I still don't know if my device is already encrypted or not. Please note: - I know BitLocker is a Windows 10 Pro feature, I am trying for "Device...
  8. encryption certrificate

encryption certrificate: Hello to everyone, Please if you can help me is important because im trying to communicate with you from Friday. We have a professional account microsoft 365. My issue is that i can send email because my email have an error that is "encryption certrificate": What can...
  9. Bitlocker full drive encryption not available?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bitlocker full drive encryption not available?: I have a Surface Pro 7 with Win10 Pro 1909. I can only get Bitlocker to setup as “used space only encrypted”. There is no way I can get it as “fully encrypted”. Can some one please help me out? submitted by /u/Panja0 [link] [comments]...
  10. Windows 10 Home Bitlocker Encryption because Secure Boot was changed?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Home Bitlocker Encryption because Secure Boot was changed?: I have a Yoga c940 that randomly showed a Bitlocker recovery key blue screen at start up and I can't get into Windows. The computer only has a local account and I don't have the Bitlocker key anywhere. I don't understand why this is happening because first of all, I don't...