Windows 10: Encryption stuck on Paused (intermittent)

Discus and support Encryption stuck on Paused (intermittent) in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm sure you might think this has been asked numerous times but I feel this is more of a unique case... So just a bit of background: 1. Enterprise... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MaxKYC, Jan 22, 2019.

1. MaxKYC Win User

Encryption stuck on Paused (intermittent)

I'm sure you might think this has been asked numerous times but I feel this is more of a unique case...

So just a bit of background:

1. Enterprise environment with Windows 10 1803

2. Machines are built using a task sequence in SCCM CB 1710 (in process of upgrading)

3. BitLocker keys are managed by MBAM and then escrowed in to AD using GPOs and a custom written script that forces the recovery key in to AD

4. Machines are encrypted using the TS by using the BitLocker Invoke script from the latest and last MDOP KB pack July 2018 2.5.1143.0 - the updated agent installed during the TS is also from this pack

5. Drives are set to full disk encryption at XTS-AES 256 encryption

6. MBAM server is running the latest updates and MDOP pack as from point 4

So the issue we are having is intermittent and there's no clear indication to why this happens. Allow me to walk you through the process:

1. Device encryption starts during the TS

2. Key is escrowed in to SQL

3. Build completes, build engineer logs in to receive the BitLocker GPOs

4. Device is rebooted which executes a script on next logon to force the key in to AD. As I understand if the encryption starts before GPOs are applied the keys will NOT be escrowed to AD

5. Build engineers can see encryption status however sometimes it will appear as paused

From what I can see I can resume this simply just by logging on with my admin account which has local admin permissions. Build engineers do not have local admin permissions - there's a history behind this...

If I check eventvwr there aren't any errors which gives me any clue to as why this happens... the only indication is

Source: BitLocker-Driver

Event ID 24665

BitLocker finalization sweep paused for volume C:.

Any help would be much appreciated.

:)

MaxKYC, Jan 22, 2019

2. Bitlocker encryption appears to be stuck

Hey guys, I am currently trying to encrypt one of my external hard drives and it is stuck at 97.1 percent. It isn't paused, it just isnt progressing any further. It was stuck at this same exact point for two days, so I paused, decrypted, and encrypted
    it again and now it is stuck at the same 97.1 percent. What should I do about this? Encryption is kind of an all or nothing deal isn't it?

BaileyTebou, Jan 22, 2019
  3. Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jan 22, 2019
  4. Encryption stuck on Paused (intermittent)

Encryption

Hello Miriam,

For us to be able to isolate your concern why your devices page says it is not encrypted when you've turn on encryption, kindly answer these questions:

• Does this happen before you encrypt the device?
    • Which Windows version currently running on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We will be waiting for update.

Gerald Mal, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

Encryption stuck on Paused (intermittent)

1. Encryption stuck on Paused (intermittent) - Similar Threads - Encryption stuck Paused

2. My Bitlocker encryption is stuck at 5% and i cannot pause it or restart it. Please Help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Bitlocker encryption is stuck at 5% and i cannot pause it or restart it. Please Help!: So i wanted to dualboot into ubuntu because its better to code there etc and my drive is bitlocker secured. So i disabled it in settings it started to go well. After almost 15 hours its still at the same percent as i felt asleep. I dont know what to do now so please help me!...
  3. My Bitlocker encryption is stuck at 5% and i cannot pause it or restart it. Please Help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Bitlocker encryption is stuck at 5% and i cannot pause it or restart it. Please Help!: So i wanted to dualboot into ubuntu because its better to code there etc and my drive is bitlocker secured. So i disabled it in settings it started to go well. After almost 15 hours its still at the same percent as i felt asleep. I dont know what to do now so please help me!...
  4. Bitlocker stuck at 11.5% encryption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker stuck at 11.5% encryption: Hello, I'm attempting to enable Bitlocker encryption on an external hard drive, but it will not proceed further than 11.5%.Technical details:Windows 10 ProSeagate 1TB external HDDSo far I've tried:chkdsk /r in elevated cmdchkdsk /f in elevated cmdPausing, then resuming...
  5. Bitlocker stuck at 11.5% encryption

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker stuck at 11.5% encryption: Hello, I'm attempting to enable Bitlocker encryption on an external hard drive, but it will not proceed further than 11.5%.Technical details:Windows 10 ProSeagate 1TB external HDDSo far I've tried:chkdsk /r in elevated cmdchkdsk /f in elevated cmdPausing, then resuming...
  6. Is it possible to pause bitlocker encryption and turn off the PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to pause bitlocker encryption and turn off the PC?: I did start to encrypt several hours already but its still taking forever and I do wonder if I can turn off the computer to continue it later on? submitted by /u/sinapsys1 [link] [comments]...
  7. Mouse lag and constant intermittent pauses

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse lag and constant intermittent pauses: I’ve done everything imaginable to get this lag/constant pausing with my mouse. I’ve also avoided windows updates for a long time due to reading the numerous issues users had but microsoft forced me to finally update and I’ve wasted 2 days, days off, and still have yet to...
  8. Bitlocker decryption paused at 73.1% and stuck

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker decryption paused at 73.1% and stuck: I plugged in an external HD that was protected by bitlocker. A pop-up windows shows that Decryption is paused at 73.1. [ATTACH] There is a resume button but when clicked, it only makes it worse and the window is Not Responding. On cmd, I checked manage-bde -status: I...
  9. Bitlocker decryption paused at 73.1% and stuck

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bitlocker decryption paused at 73.1% and stuck: I plugged in an external HD that was protected by bitlocker. A pop-up windows shows that Decryption is paused at 73.1. There is a resume button but when clicked, it only makes it worse and window is Not Responding. On cmd, I checked manage-bde -status: Volume F: [MEDIA...
  10. Encryption stuck on paused after encryption has started

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Encryption stuck on paused after encryption has started: I'm sure you might think this has been asked numerous times but I feel this is more of a unique case... So just a bit of background: 1. Enterprise environment with Windows 10 1803 2. Machines are built using a task sequence in SCCM CB 1710 (in process of upgrading) 3....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. BitLocker finalization sweep paused for volume C:.

2. bitlocker driver event 24665

3. bitlocker encryption paused stuck

4. encryption paused HP firmware