Windows 10: Encryption using Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Encryption using Windows 10 Pro in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I encrypted tw rather large folders desktop using Windows 10 Pro. Simple process that took about 4 hours to complete. I opened the files and confirmed... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by kevinclayg, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Encryption using Windows 10 Pro

I encrypted tw rather large folders desktop using Windows 10 Pro. Simple process that took about 4 hours to complete. I opened the files and confirmed the process and noticed that each file had a lock icon attached.

1 If someone stole my laptop and had my pin i use to log in to my desktop, they would have access to these two folders correct?

2 If someone stole my laptop and removed the hard drive, they would need Encryption recovery Key to access these 2 folders correct?

3 Why is it when I email any of the files in these two folders, the key icon is removed from the file?

4Does emailing files that are encrypted automatically remove encryption?

:)

kevinclayg, Feb 9, 2020

2. Windows XP file encryption

LOL thanks, I think its standard windows XP file encryption

troyrae360, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Encryption using Windows 10 Pro

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

Encryption using Windows 10 Pro

1. Encryption using Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Encryption using Pro

2. Encrypted using bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encrypted using bitlocker: My servers were attacked by an attacker and the attacker has encrypted all of my VMs using Bitlocker. The attacker is asking for a payment of 1btc for the decryption key. Is there a way that Microsoft can help me decrypt my data? Otherwise, I would have no choice but to pay...
  3. Encrypted using bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Encrypted using bitlocker: My servers were attacked by an attacker and the attacker has encrypted all of my VMs using Bitlocker. The attacker is asking for a payment of 1btc for the decryption key. Is there a way that Microsoft can help me decrypt my data? Otherwise, I would have no choice but to pay...
  4. Windows 10 Pro. Folder Encryption not asking for a Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro. Folder Encryption not asking for a Password: HiI am using Windows 10 ProThe Steps for Encrypting a Folder are...Folder PropertiesAdvancedEncrypt contents to secure dataOKApplyOkIt does not request a password when I do this. It just applies and ok's without any problems. On a uTube video it requests a password.How do I...
  5. Windows 10 Pro. Folder Encryption not asking for a Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro. Folder Encryption not asking for a Password: HiI am using Windows 10 ProThe Steps for Encrypting a Folder are...Folder PropertiesAdvancedEncrypt contents to secure dataOKApplyOkIt does not request a password when I do this. It just applies and ok's without any problems. On a uTube video it requests a password.How do I...
  6. Windows 10 Pro. Folder Encryption not asking for a Password

7. Encryption feature in Windows 10 Pro for File protection

Encryption feature in Windows 10 Pro for File protection: Can we encrypt file and Folder PDF, Word, Excel in windows 10 professional? Regards , Viraj Dike. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encryption-feature-in-windows-10-pro-for-file/f8638c3d-a31c-48f4-a80c-415592607558
  8. How to encrypt or password protect MicroSD memory card using surafce pro 6 using windows 10...

How to encrypt or password protect MicroSD memory card using surafce pro 6 using windows 10...: Help need to encrypt or password protect the MicroSD memory card using surface pro 6 using windows 10 home edition. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-encrypt-or-password-protect-microsd-memory/b7d32e9c-b22a-4bc3-b1b8-6b5f41a67fb4
  9. This machine is disabled for encryption (Windows 10 Pro)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This machine is disabled for encryption (Windows 10 Pro): Hi All, I am trying to use Encrypted File System to encrypt files on local hard drive of a Windows 10 Pro system. However, while applying the Encryption, the system shows a message indicating that EFS is disabled on the system. I already tried all types of settings as...
  10. Device Encryption Problem on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Encryption Problem on Windows 10 Pro: I just bought a new HP laptop and Windows 10 Professional on it. I got Windows 10 Pro because I need device encryption. I installed Windows 10 Pro as the directions indicated. Now I am following Microsoft directions to turn on device encryption. In checking if device...