Encryption

Discus and support Encryption in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Now that I have Win 10 Pro I can encrypt files and folders. So I tried a test file. To my surprise it remains fully visible and copyable. I am the only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tcebob, Jun 29, 2018.

1. tcebob Win User

Encryption

Now that I have Win 10 Pro I can encrypt files and folders. So I tried a test file. To my surprise it remains fully visible and copyable. I am the only user and I suppose the encryption password is my user password, so the encryption is transparent to me.

Is it possible to select a different password so that anyone (including remote technicians, visitors, thieves) except me cannot view a file?

:)

tcebob, Jun 29, 2018
  2. Yashwanth Kotakuri Win User

Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jun 29, 2018
  3. Gerald Mal Win User
    Encryption

Hello Miriam,

For us to be able to isolate your concern why your devices page says it is not encrypted when you've turn on encryption, kindly answer these questions:

• Does this happen before you encrypt the device?
    • Which Windows version currently running on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We will be waiting for update.

Gerald Mal, Jun 29, 2018
  4. Devlin Sco Win User

Encryption

Encrypting a folder

Hello Bill,

To encrypt a folder in Windows 10 Home, follow these steps:

• Right-click the folder you want to encrypt and click Properties.
    • On the General tab, click Advanced.
    • Under Compress or Encrypt attributes, click Encrypt contents to secure data.
    • Click OK then Apply to save the changes.

We're just here if you need further help.

Devlin Sco, Jun 29, 2018
Thema:

Encryption

1. Encryption - Similar Threads - Encryption

2. Data Gone encrypted After Downgrading From Windows 10 Back to 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Data Gone encrypted After Downgrading From Windows 10 Back to 7: Incident happened on 3 days back from Today (16-07-2018). I took one of my friend’s uncle laptop, that was upgraded to Windows 10 from windows 7 on 1 year and 2 months back from today and Due to system running very slow he asked me re-install with Windows 7. (Before I...
  3. Encrypted drive with a new mobo

in Windows 10 Customization
    Encrypted drive with a new mobo: TL:DR; Can I save the user data or recover from a mobo swap. So I had a Dell tech come out and replace the data cables, keyboard, and mother board on an Latitude 5480.This device belongs to a student and has sensitive information on it. The problem is that the harddrive is...
  4. my files are encrypted!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my files are encrypted!!!!: i go to open any of my files on my computer and everything is encryptid??? smh?? please help! thanks this computer is new I have a bunch of files saved in it and like my one drive and three of my iPhone backed up.... my girlfriend had a SanDisk usb thumb drive and I put it...
  5. oracle encryption security

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    oracle encryption security: Dear sir/mam, How to i disable and uninstall this oracle encryption security in windows 10 home basic. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/oracle-encryption-security/43748088-a7c0-4bba-8875-d3188d17cb8d
  6. the bitlocker encryption on this drive is not compatible with your version of windows

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    the bitlocker encryption on this drive is not compatible with your version of windows: Kindly solve this problem I have keys but not able to enter it it shows this message when I try to unlock the bitlocker encryption on this drive is not compatible with your version of windows please do some thing regarding that...
  7. Chrome will mark all sites running on HTTP encryption as "not secure" in the address bar

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome will mark all sites running on HTTP encryption as "not secure" in the address bar: https://www.indiatoday.in/technology...385-2018-05-18 Google will release version 68 of Chrome in July this year following which Chrome will mark all sites running on HTTP encryption as "not secure" in the address bar. Also, the HTTP sites accessed in the Incognito mode will...
  8. Now that I have Win 10 Pro I can encrypt files and folders

Now that I have Win 10 Pro I can encrypt files and folders: Now that I have Win 10 Pro I can encrypt files and folders. So I tried a test file. To my surprise it remains fully visible and copyable. I am the only user and I suppose the encryption password is my user password, so the encryption is transparent to me. Is it possible to...
  9. Access encrypted memory stick

Access encrypted memory stick: so at my school when i plugged in my memory stick, it automatically started encrypting, there was no option. now at home when I try to access it I am asked for a password. but that is saved on my account at school. what can I do? it has all my important stuff on it! 112787
  10. how to access encrypted memory stick

in Windows 10 Support
    how to access encrypted memory stick: so at my school when i plugged in my memory stick, it automatically started encrypting, there was no option. now at home when I try to access it I am asked for a password. but that is saved on my account at school. what can I do? it has all my important stuff on it! 112787