Windows 10: encryption

Discus and support encryption in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Why can I not encrypt folders? I go to the folder. In properties I see the encryption option, but it is grayed out and will not let me encrypt the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Need Help with a question, Aug 6, 2018.

1. encryption

Why can I not encrypt folders? I go to the folder. In properties I see the encryption option, but it is grayed out and will not let me encrypt the folder.

:)

Need Help with a question, Aug 6, 2018

2. Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Aug 6, 2018
  3. Encryption

Hello Miriam,

For us to be able to isolate your concern why your devices page says it is not encrypted when you've turn on encryption, kindly answer these questions:

• Does this happen before you encrypt the device?
    • Which Windows version currently running on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We will be waiting for update.

Gerald Mal, Aug 6, 2018
  4. encryption

Encrypting a folder

Hello Bill,

To encrypt a folder in Windows 10 Home, follow these steps:

• Right-click the folder you want to encrypt and click Properties.
    • On the General tab, click Advanced.
    • Under Compress or Encrypt attributes, click Encrypt contents to secure data.
    • Click OK then Apply to save the changes.

We're just here if you need further help.

Devlin Sco, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

encryption

1. encryption - Similar Threads - encryption

2. Encrypted USB thumb drive is blocked by Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Encrypted USB thumb drive is blocked by Windows Defender: I have Kingston Data Traveler encrypted USB thumb drive and it is blocked byWindows Defender. I enter the passcode, then the thumb drive create a different unencrypted drive but then a see a pop-up>>Please insert a disk into USB drive>> - the new drive isinaccessible. When...
  3. Question about Windows Encrypting File System (EFS)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question about Windows Encrypting File System (EFS): Hi I've been playing around with EFS but I cannot currently test this one thing that popped to my mind. I have a laptop with an SSD (Local disk C:\) and a HD (Local disk D:\). Windows installed on SSD, personal files kept on HD. Windows is protected with a user account with...
  4. Guidance on Bitlocker Encryption setup - Removable USB Flash Drives

Guidance on Bitlocker Encryption setup - Removable USB Flash Drives: Win 10 Pro 64-bit Ver. 1909 b,18363.535 I'm looking at options for securing the USB flash drives (content) from unauthorised access. I don't care so much about losing the data -it's largely a back-up of working data- but want to provide an obstacle so they would reformat the...
  5. File permission issues after moving files using Robocopy to a BitLocker encrypted drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File permission issues after moving files using Robocopy to a BitLocker encrypted drive: I am running into an odd file permissions problem. Here's what I did: Purchased new 4 TB SATA drive and installed it in my machine Tried using Casper Secure Drive Backup to do a sector copy from the old drive now relabeled M: to the new drive now labelled J: - the same...
  6. Error: The BitLocker encryption is not compatible with your version of Windows, when trying...

Error: The BitLocker encryption is not compatible with your version of Windows, when trying...: I get the following error when i plug in my bitblocker encrypted flash drive into my computer Bitblocker E: The bitblocker encryption is not compatible with your version of windows. Try opening the drive on a newer version of windows. I have the password, but It...
  7. Can Someone that understands encryption explain it?

Can Someone that understands encryption explain it?: I have 2 systems, 1 Windows 10 Pro system, 1 Windows 10 Home system. I want to encrypt a flash drive one EITHER system and open it on EITHER system. On the Windows 10 Pro system I can open File Explorer, hit "Manage" and Bitlocker is there. On the Windows 10 Home system,...
  8. Guidance on Bitlocker Encryption setup - Removable USB Flash Drives

in Windows 10 Support
    Guidance on Bitlocker Encryption setup - Removable USB Flash Drives: Win 10 Pro 64-bit Ver. 1909 b,18363.535 I'm looking at options for securing the USB flash drives (content) from unauthorised access. I don't care so much about losing the data -it's largely a back-up of working data- but want to provide an obstacle so they would reformat the...
  9. I didn't encrypted any volume, but after a blue screen, it requires me to provide recovery...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I didn't encrypted any volume, but after a blue screen, it requires me to provide recovery...: Two days ago, my computer suddenly encounter a blue screen, then I can no longer enter the system. There was very important document on C volume, so I developed a windows installation U disk. But before I could retrieve my documentsmy graduate thesis, it told me to enter the...
  10. Device encryption with Windows 10 Home

Device encryption with Windows 10 Home: I wanted to use device encryption on my Windows 10 Home PC. 64bit. But it won't let me. When I got into System Information in the row Device Encryption Support slot it tell me: Reasons for failed automatic device encryption : Hardware security test interface failed and...