Windows 10: End of Support notifications for Windows 7 Pro users

Discus and support End of Support notifications for Windows 7 Pro users in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft started to inform Windows 7 Home users that support for the operating system was about to run out. From this week on, the notifications will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Oct 17, 2019.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

End of Support notifications for Windows 7 Pro users

Microsoft started to inform Windows 7 Home users that support for the operating system was about to run out. From this week on, the notifications will also be shown to users running devices with Windows 7 Pro.

The company's Windows 7 operating system will run out of support in January 2020. The operating system is in the extended support phase currently which means that Microsoft will provide security updates for it.

Microsoft won't release any updates for home versions of Windows 7 after the January 2020 Patch Day, Enterprise and business customers may extend the end of support by up to three years by paying Microsoft for extended support.

Enterprise customers may pay $50, $100 and $200 US Dollars respectively per user and year (the fee doubles each year), business customers the same for Enterprise editions and half the price for Pro editions but not per user but per device.

End of support notifications

End of Support notifications for Windows 7 Pro users after-10-years-windows-7-support-end.png

The end of support notifications are delivered to the user by an update: KB4493132, Windows 7 SP1 support notification, enables the notifications on devices running Windows 7.

The update is pushed via Windows Update automatically. It will be downloaded and installed automatically on devices with Windows Update enabled.

The notification is only displayed on Windows 7 Pro devices that are not domain-joined.

It displays a window on the screen that users need to interact with.

After 10 years, support for Windows 7 is nearing the end.

January 14, 2020 is the last day Microsoft will offer security updates and technical support for computers running Windows 7. We know change can be difficult, that's why we're reaching out early to help you back up your files and prepare for what's next.

The windows has a big "learn more" prompt that leads to this page on the Microsoft website. The page advertises the company's Windows 10 operating system and devices that run the operating system including new Surface devices but also devices made by third-party manufacturers such as Samsung, Acer, or Lenovo.

Windows 7 users who don't want to see the notification again should check the "do not remind me again" box to avoid being notified multiple times about the impending support end.

Closing Words

Microsoft promised that it won't bombard customers with notifications and the checkbox to block future notifications ensures that customer's can block future notifications using it. There is certainly also the option to block the end of support update entirely to block it from entering the PC in first place. Check out this guide to remove it and block it if it is already on the PC. (via ZDnet)

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post End of Support notifications for Windows 7 Pro users appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Oct 17, 2019

2. Windows 7 Club

You can add me to the list of Win 7 users. I've been using Windows 7 Pro for about a month now and I love it.

Apocolypse007, Oct 17, 2019
  3. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Oct 17, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 7 and Office 2010 End of Support

Read more:

End of Support notifications for Windows 7 Pro users [​IMG]
    Tip Windows 10 Specifications & Systems Requirements

How to Upgrade to Windows 10

How to Clean Install Windows 10

Brink, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

1. End of Support notifications for Windows 7 Pro users - Similar Threads - End Support notifications

2. Windows 7 and 8.1 support ends next month

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 7 and 8.1 support ends next month: Microsoft plans to end support for Windows 7 and 8.1 on January 10, 2022. The devices won't receive updates anymore after end of support and some programs, like Chrome or Microsoft Edge, won't receive updates anymore either immediately after support end. Some users may...
  3. After Windows 7 Pro End Of support , Is it possible to downgrade Windows 10 pro to windows...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Windows 7 Pro End Of support , Is it possible to downgrade Windows 10 pro to windows...: Hello, earlier we had the option to downgrade Windows 10 pro volume license to Windows 7 pro. But I am not sure after end of support of windows 7 it is possible or not. can anyone please confirm? TIA Regards Sejal...
  4. How to stop Windows 7 End of Support Notifications

in Windows 10 News
    How to stop Windows 7 End of Support Notifications: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 7 is indeed a great operating system. Even after 3 years of Windows 10 release, it has been giving it a tough competition in terms of the market share it acquired. But everything good has an end. And with [...] This post How to stop Windows 7 End of...
  5. If you don't want end of support notifications on Windows 7, block KB4493132

in Windows 10 News
    If you don't want end of support notifications on Windows 7, block KB4493132: Microsoft announced earlier this month that it would start to show end of support notifications on devices running the company's Windows 7 operating system. Windows 7 support ends in January 2020 for consumer versions of the operating system. Enterprise customers may extend...
  6. Windows 7 to show notifications about upcoming support end

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 7 to show notifications about upcoming support end: PCs that run Windows 7 will show notifications about the upcoming support end starting in April 2019 according to Microsoft. Support for consumer versions of Windows 7 ends on January 14, 2020. Enterprise-customers may extend support by up to three years by paying per-user...
  7. Microsoft to start informing Windows 7 users about the OS end of support

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to start informing Windows 7 users about the OS end of support: Microsoft last year announced that it will stop pushing out cumulative updates to Windows 7 on January 14, 2020, and there will be no support or service updates pushed after the deadline. As the end of support, the deadline is approaching, Microsoft is planning to inform...
  8. Windows 7 and Office 2010 End of Support

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 7 and Office 2010 End of Support: Make the shift from Windows 7 and Office 2010 to Windows 10 and Office 365. Support for Windows 7 will end on January 14, 2020. Microsoft will no longer provide security updates or technical support for devices running Windows 7 operating systems. That’s why it’s time to...
  9. End of Support Windows 7 and Office 2010

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    End of Support Windows 7 and Office 2010: Just letting you guys know, just letting you greedy guys know, people loved Windows 7 because it was a WORKING operating system and not a home entertainment system crap. There is a xbox for that, I want my computer BE A computer. I do not need netflix "app" on my computer and...
  10. Windows 7 Support ends in three years

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 7 Support ends in three years: One of the most successful operating systems is gradually approaching the end of its life cycle : the extended support of Windows 7 will be completed in three years. This means for all customers with Windows 7 PCs that from January 14, 2020 there will be no security updates,...