Windows 10: End of support on May 31 for Microsoft Band and Health Dashboard apps

Discus and support End of support on May 31 for Microsoft Band and Health Dashboard apps in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has announced the end of support for the Microsoft Health Dashboard applications and services. This document contains important dates and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

End of support on May 31 for Microsoft Band and Health Dashboard apps

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...d-applications

:)

Brink, Mar 1, 2019
  2. Marek St. Win User

Cant skip Band pairing in Microsoft Health App.

Hi MathewSpearey.

Thank you for your quick reply.

Unfortunately in your situation, you will not be able to use the Microsoft Health App without the Microsoft Band.

The reason behind that is that your particular model of a Lumia Phone does not have the SensorCore capability.

This particular feature is necessary in order to be able to use the Microsoft Health App on the Windows Phone devices without the Microsoft Band.

Once the phone has SensorCore capability, on the "Let's Get Started" page of the Microsoft Health App

an option to skip the pairing step will be revealed, namely a link described as "I don't have a Band"

The information about the need of SensorCore to use the App without the Band is provided in the Microsoft Health App Description at the bottom of the App Page on WindowsPhone.com

Or if you're browsing the Store on your phone itself, in the Details Tab of the App Description.

Sorry about the confusion, I will Escalate this thread in order to put more attention into this situation,

and also due to the fact that some other users despite using SensorCore compatible devices are not presented with the option to skip the Band Pairing (LCRT with his Lumia 735 who posted in this thread)

Thank You,

Marek S.

Marek St., Mar 1, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft Health and Microsoft Band: The Next Step

Source: Microsoft Health and Microsoft Band: The Next Step in Our Journey - The Official Microsoft Blog

Brink, Mar 1, 2019
  4. HarryS-NJ Win User

On Windows Phone 8.1, how to use Microsoft Health without MS Band (to replace MSN Health & Fitness)?

My Lumia 635 says that MS is discontinuing support for MSN Health & Fitness on 11/1/15. It looks like Microsoft Health is intended to be the replacement for MSN Health & Fitness, so I downloaded Microsoft Health to my phone. However, I can't configure
    it because it is stuck on trying to connect via Bluetooth to a Microsoft Band (which I don't have and don't want to purchase at this time).

Is there a replacement to MSN Health & Fitness? I use the step counting and GPS Tracker and would like to continue to use them after 10/31/15.

HarryS-NJ, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

1. End of support on May 31 for Microsoft Band and Health Dashboard apps - Similar Threads - End support May

2. Out of Band updates May 2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Out of Band updates May 2022: Hi Everyone ,Windows Out of band updates which released on May 19 ,2022 is marked as Unspecified or N/A in MSRC severity and classification as updates where as in general it will be severity as critical and classification as security updates . Can we know the reason why...
  3. Out of Band updates May 2022

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Out of Band updates May 2022: Hi Everyone ,Windows Out of band updates which released on May 19 ,2022 is marked as Unspecified or N/A in MSRC severity and classification as updates where as in general it will be severity as critical and classification as security updates . Can we know the reason why...
  4. End of support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    End of support: I'm just here to ask a question. Microsoft ignored the petition of FSF about recycle windows 7 life? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/end-of-support/9f793981-113d-466c-8f67-598737a02d32
  5. End of support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    End of support: I'm just here to ask a question. Microsoft ignored the petition of FSF about recycle windows 7 life? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/end-of-support/9f793981-113d-466c-8f67-598737a02d32
  6. End of support for Cortana app on iOS or Android as of March 31, 2021

in Windows 10 News
    End of support for Cortana app on iOS or Android as of March 31, 2021: As we announced in July, we will soon be ending support for the Cortana app on Android and iOS, as Cortana continues its evolution as a productivity assistant. As of March 31, 2021, the Cortana content you created–such as reminders and lists–will no...
  7. Windows 10 Mobile Nokia and Lumia phone support ends on December 31

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mobile Nokia and Lumia phone support ends on December 31: Microsoft stopped manufacturing and distributing for sale its Lumia smartphones and Nokia branded feature phones at the end of 2016. Manufacturer Warranty Support for these phones will end on 31st of December 2020. Assisted support will end on 15th of December 2020. Online...
  8. This Week on Xbox: May 31, 2019

in Windows 10 News
    This Week on Xbox: May 31, 2019: 0hY0UhhoIPM We know you’re busy and might miss out on all the exciting things we’re talking about on Xbox Wire every week. If you’ve got a few minutes, we can help remedy that. We’ve pared down the past week’s news into one easy-to-digest article for all things Xbox! Or, if...
  9. microsoft support ends after 2020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microsoft support ends after 2020: Hi there. Does this mean I have to buy a new running programme? new software.? Please don't say I have to move to crome! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-support-ends-after-2020/cade5301-8ca9-4579-bd53-32d93d63f2a8
  10. Microsoft Health and Microsoft Band: The Next Step

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Health and Microsoft Band: The Next Step: [img] When we launched Microsoft Health and Microsoft Band, it was our first entry into wearable technology and just the beginning of a multi-year vision for the category from which we continue to build and grow. We were beyond excited about what we had to share – but we...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. End of support for the Microsoft Health Dashboard applications and services