Windows 10: Ended task Windows explorer

Discus and support Ended task Windows explorer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was trying to help with my cpu problems by ending any extra running stuff. I ended up ending windows explorer and I thought turning the PC off and on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VictorFrost2, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Ended task Windows explorer

I was trying to help with my cpu problems by ending any extra running stuff. I ended up ending windows explorer and I thought turning the PC off and on would fix it. Now all I get is a blue screen saying "recovery""Your pc/device needs to be repaired".

:)

VictorFrost2, Sep 2, 2021
  2. Zekesemma Win User

End tasked Windows Explorer

In Windows 10 from task manager, I hit end task for Windows Explorer. My desktop is gone, Alt +4 doesn't being up shut down function. One suggestion was to click on new task in task manager, but I can't find new task. Help please. Thank you

Zekesemma, Sep 2, 2021
  3. Joe13 B-) Win User
    Exitting / end-tasking File Explorer

I've found the easiest way to exit / end-task File Explorer in Windows 10- so, if anyone wants an easy method, then just refer to this post:

If you're encountering a problem / bug with your Windows 10 system, and a website told you to end-task File Explorer:

• Move your cursor to the place on the taskbar where it shows the date and time.
    • Click Ctrl + Shift keys and then, still holding, right click on the place where it shows date and time.
    • There will be an option called, 'Exit File Explorer'. Click it.
    • If you need to start File Explorer back, click Ctrl + Shift + Esc buttons together (as everyone knows). The Task Manager appears.
    • Click 'File' > click 'Run new task' > type 'explorer' or 'explorer.exe' and hit enter.
    • Wait till it loads.

Over! That was easy, wasn't it?

You can use my easy method. Or use the hard way - I'm not insisting to use this way. Ended task Windows explorer :)

Joe13 B-), Sep 2, 2021
  4. Ended task Windows explorer

windows explorer does not refresh automatically

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to end windows explorer task and start it in task manager and check whether the issue persists or not.

• Right click on the “Taskbar” and click on “task manager”.
    • Under the “processes” tab locate for “Windows explorer”.
    • Right click on it and click on “End task”.
    • Then go to “File” option and click on “Run new task”.
    • Enter as “explorer.exe” and click on “ok”.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 2, 2021
Thema:

Ended task Windows explorer

1. Ended task Windows explorer - Similar Threads - Ended task explorer

2. Accidentally pressed "end task" for "windows explorer" inside of Task Manager and restarted...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally pressed "end task" for "windows explorer" inside of Task Manager and restarted...: Hello, hope to get help as soon as possible on this issue I ran into. I made a mistake by ending task for the "windows explorer" inside of task manager. In slight panic when I only saw blue screens on both monitors, I ended up restarting my PC instead. Now my Windows 10 won't...
  3. Accidentally pressed "end task" for "windows explorer" inside of Task Manager and restarted...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally pressed "end task" for "windows explorer" inside of Task Manager and restarted...: Hello, hope to get help as soon as possible on this issue I ran into. I made a mistake by ending task for the "windows explorer" inside of task manager. In slight panic when I only saw blue screens on both monitors, I ended up restarting my PC instead. Now my Windows 10 won't...
  4. Accidentally pressed "end task" for "windows explorer" inside of Task Manager and restarted...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Ended file explorer in task manager..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ended file explorer in task manager..: Howdy! So, recently my computer was being slow and didn't think much of it so I went to task manager and saw there where a million things running with file explorer being one of the big ones. So without thinking about it I right clicked it and ended it.. Well, once I did this...
  6. Ended file explorer in task manager..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ended file explorer in task manager..: Howdy! So, recently my computer was being slow and didn't think much of it so I went to task manager and saw there where a million things running with file explorer being one of the big ones. So without thinking about it I right clicked it and ended it.. Well, once I did this...
  7. File explorer end task

File explorer end task: Hey so i was making a new folder on my file explorer to backup my phone photos because i was gonna factory reset it, but as an unexperienced person like me i end tasked file explorer and my screen became red because i put my theme to red and i opened task manager through ctrl...
  8. Exitting / end-tasking File Explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Exitting / end-tasking File Explorer: I've found the easiest way to exit / end-task File Explorer in Windows 10- so, if anyone wants an easy method, then just refer to this post: If you're encountering a problem / bug with your Windows 10 system, and a website told you to end-task File Explorer: Move your...
  9. End tasked Windows Explorer

End tasked Windows Explorer: In Windows 10 from task manager, I hit end task for Windows Explorer. My desktop is gone, Alt +4 doesn't being up shut down function. One suggestion was to click on new task in task manager, but I can't find new task. Help please. Thank you...
  10. ending task??

in Windows 10 Support
    ending task??: trying to end a task in the task manager and it keeps jumping around how do I stop it so I can find the task I want to end!! 119891