Windows 10: Ended windows explorer process

Discus and support Ended windows explorer process in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, i accedentally ended windows explorer not from task manager. My laptop is pretty old and is starting to have slower and worse performance.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by kermitcowboy, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Ended windows explorer process

Hello,

i accedentally ended windows explorer not from task manager. My laptop is pretty old and is starting to have slower and worse performance. Windows explorer stopped working and it showed a message to end process. I clicked on end process and everything vanished. Which i have expected. Later on, i want to start my laptop but it wont open. I broke my screen so i have to use a monitor but it doesnt show anything on the monitor, it just says no signal. But it does know i have connected something, it just doesnt show up. Now i dont know what to do i cant see anything. My laptop doesnt beep by the way.

i would really appreciate any help.

:)

kermitcowboy, Jul 16, 2019

2. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Jul 16, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 16, 2019
  4. Ended windows explorer process

windows explorer does not refresh automatically

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to end windows explorer task and start it in task manager and check whether the issue persists or not.

• Right click on the “Taskbar” and click on “task manager”.
    • Under the “processes” tab locate for “Windows explorer”.
    • Right click on it and click on “End task”.
    • Then go to “File” option and click on “Run new task”.
    • Enter as “explorer.exe” and click on “ok”.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

Ended windows explorer process

1. Ended windows explorer process - Similar Threads - Ended explorer process

2. I ended the window explorer process from the task manager…

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I ended the window explorer process from the task manager…: So…my laptop wasn’t showing my internet options, I looked up some videos on how to solve it. In one video it said try restarting the WINDOWS EXPLORER FROM YOUR TASK MANAGER. I tried doing it but accidentally ended the task, my screen went black. I didn’t know what to do so I...
  3. I ended the window explorer process from the task manager…

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I ended the window explorer process from the task manager…: So…my laptop wasn’t showing my internet options, I looked up some videos on how to solve it. In one video it said try restarting the WINDOWS EXPLORER FROM YOUR TASK MANAGER. I tried doing it but accidentally ended the task, my screen went black. I didn’t know what to do so I...
  4. I ended the window explorer process from the task manager…

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. task manager end process

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    task manager end process: I want to end antimalware service executable it has windows defender when i say end task it says access is denied and it can't happen. how do i gain access https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-end-process/81d90273-6cff-47b6-8aaa-5c3dfc5a0dba
  6. Ended task Windows explorer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ended task Windows explorer: I was trying to help with my cpu problems by ending any extra running stuff. I ended up ending windows explorer and I thought turning the PC off and on would fix it. Now all I get is a blue screen saying "recovery""Your pc/device needs to be repaired"....
  7. How to end process tree??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to end process tree??: On my new pc i cant seem to end a process tree in task manager. I can end the process but the " end process tree" option is missing from the right click menu. Annoying Edit: task tree, my b submitted by /u/Chicken_Slam [link] [comments]...
  8. Critical Process has Died after ending windows explorer

Critical Process has Died after ending windows explorer: My system wont worm after ending rhe process please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-process-has-died-after-ending-windows/a85d9846-c07c-49ba-859b-dd8e07a2b08e
  9. Install process just ends

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install process just ends: Hi guys, I am trying to install the latest PowerBI on a windows 10 machine. It had a previous version which was playing up so we uninstalled it and wanted to install a clean version. When installing, I open the exe as the admin. i am the admin. I am prompted if I want the...
  10. End tasked Windows Explorer

End tasked Windows Explorer: In Windows 10 from task manager, I hit end task for Windows Explorer. My desktop is gone, Alt +4 doesn't being up shut down function. One suggestion was to click on new task in task manager, but I can't find new task. Help please. Thank you...