Windows 10: Ending mandatory useless features

Discus and support Ending mandatory useless features in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows updates try and coerce me to "Sign In with a Microsoft Account", the Settings app is "warning" me that I need to Sign In to "Rewards". I never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Matt16060936, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Ending mandatory useless features

Windows updates try and coerce me to "Sign In with a Microsoft Account", the Settings app is "warning" me that I need to Sign In to "Rewards". I never asked for Bing. "Meet Now" has been added to my task bar without my consent. Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I have every notification option disabled, including "Suggest ways I can finish setting up my device to get the most out of Windows". What I want is literally zero interruptions. I'm trying to turn everything from microsoft just completely off. I 100% believe that I'm too dim and impatient to find this setting, so I'm seeking assistance with disabling the infuriating stream of nonsense.

Specifically, this isn't about just the high-level items above, it's about this entire "feature" where microsoft thinks they know what I want and delivers it preemptively without my consent. I just want security patches and bugfixes from windows update, so how do I opt-out of everything else? This is my last resort, I'm hoping someone can actually help me. I don't really like Macs, but at least they aren't a disaster area of invasive pushy apps and features.

Thank you.

:)

Matt16060936, Dec 23, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Could system specs be part of the registration form?

Provided the step can be skipped, it's nice. People who register to quickly throw in comments for news, reviews, articles, etc., will find it a pain and useless if it was a mandatory step. It won't control spam.

btarunr, Dec 23, 2020
  3. OneMoar Win User
    Feature suggestion - Detect GPU driver change and show message/process the changes

completely useless suggestion

OneMoar, Dec 23, 2020
  4. h3llb3nd4 Win User

Ending mandatory useless features

Could system specs be part of the registration form?

agreed*Rockout :rockout:

h3llb3nd4, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

Ending mandatory useless features

1. Ending mandatory useless features - Similar Threads - Ending mandatory useless

2. End of support for Windows 8.1 has rendered my laptop useless

in Windows 10 Gaming
    End of support for Windows 8.1 has rendered my laptop useless: I have had the same laptop now for nine years, and the fact I cannot upgrade it to Windows 10 means it is now as good as useless. I need this laptop to take between where I teach and my home, and without it a substantial chunk of my productivity is gone. Yet now, with support...
  3. End of support for Windows 8.1 has rendered my laptop useless

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    End of support for Windows 8.1 has rendered my laptop useless: I have had the same laptop now for nine years, and the fact I cannot upgrade it to Windows 10 means it is now as good as useless. I need this laptop to take between where I teach and my home, and without it a substantial chunk of my productivity is gone. Yet now, with support...
  4. FS2020 Mandatory Update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    FS2020 Mandatory Update: Flight Sim 2020 Mandatory update screen when starting up but there is no update in Shop Does not allow the program to load https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fs2020-mandatory-update/3f63cd4d-13c3-4a5b-a107-ab86cc3eb8a7
  5. FS2O20 Mandatory update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FS2O20 Mandatory update: I just installed this update and it changed how all the buttons work like altitude, vertical speed. You know have to scroll with the mouse wheel to change and cannot set the height/speed like before. I can adjust the altitude but not put the botton to set it as the new...
  6. Is it me or is File Explorer Search Feature useless?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it me or is File Explorer Search Feature useless?: It's been years now that I haven't even tried to use File Explorer search feature, since when I tried it many times, it was useless. I tried it again today, trying to find the exe file for process explorer, searching the Program directories. As usual, the progress slider...
  7. 2004 feature update made start menu useless.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2004 feature update made start menu useless.: #1 The update was automatically pushed on me. I thought feature updates were supposed to only be installed if you chose to do it when your on the current version? I was on 1909 #2 After updating to 2004 the search box opens when I hit the start button covering half the...
  8. OneNote: Mandatory autocorrect makes this app useless. WTF?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneNote: Mandatory autocorrect makes this app useless. WTF?: I've searched. I've checked my system settings. I've tried everything. OneNote will literally not let me type "HSA" in this healthcare enrollment meeting. If I backspace and fix it, it re-autocorrects it. It doesn't respect the system autocorrect setting, which is off. It...
  9. Mandatory Profile (.v5)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Mandatory Profile (.v5): Hi Has anyone successfully got mandatory profiles working with Windows 10 (currently running Win10 Enterprise 1511). Essentially, I have it 99% of the way there, but whilst the start bar is clickable (which it previously wasn't), it now shows a blank start menu - ignoring...
  10. Announcing end-to-end security features in Windows 10 for Businesses

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing end-to-end security features in Windows 10 for Businesses: Part 1: Next generation security coming to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update The Microsoft mindset is a security mindset. Our goal is to ensure customer safety as the security threat landscape continues to grow increasingly more sophisticated and adversaries are more...