Windows 10: Ending support for RC4 cipher in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer

Discus and support Ending support for RC4 cipher in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Today, Microsoft is announcing the end-of-support of the RC4 cipher in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11. Starting in early 2016, the RC4 cipher... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Ending support for RC4 cipher in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer

Source: Ending support for the RC4 cipher in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 | Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

:)

Brink, Aug 31, 2015
  2. Abi99 (2) Win User

aa.com - cant log in

I am able to reproduce your issue on a Nokia Lumia 1520 with Windows Phone 8.1 (OS version 8.10.12397.895).
    www.aa.com:443 supports a single cipher-suite only (RC4-SHA; 0x0005). Furthermore, Windows Phone does not support RC4 at all. You face a

cipher-suite mismatch
    . Therefore, American Airlines returns a TLS alert (handshake failure) on the very first TLS-Client-Hello. . see below

You are able to reproduce this yourself via a UNIX terminal (command line) with

openssl s_client -connect www.aa.com:443 -cipher AES128-SHA

Or stated differently:

Because RC4 is consider deprecated by Microsoft, you have to convince American Airlines to add further TLS cipher-suites to their server installation. Another alternative would be to go for another mobile-phone operating system which still supports RC4.
    However, that is no wise decision because the root cause is AA and they are going to run into many troubles soon and already.

Abi99 (2), Aug 31, 2015
  3. andyswa Win User
    e65 - WLAN 802.1x + TKIP + PEAPv0

forgot to mention that you have to enable the Ciphers RSA,RC4,MD5 and RSA,RC4,SHA when you configure EAP-PEAP (settings for Ciphers are under the tab after the EAP tab). these ciphers are required for WPA/TKIP. for WPA2 you require the cipher RSA,AES,SHA.

cheers

andy

andyswa, Aug 31, 2015
Thema:

Ending support for RC4 cipher in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer

1. Ending support for RC4 cipher in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer - Similar Threads - Ending support RC4

2. Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge: Hi Community,I’ve been trying to access an internet explorer website using my macbook on microsoft edge. however the website prompts me to download internet explorer 11 or higher in order to access.however i have not found a solution....
  3. Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge: Hi Community,I’ve been trying to access an internet explorer website using my macbook on microsoft edge. however the website prompts me to download internet explorer 11 or higher in order to access.however i have not found a solution....
  4. WhatsApp ends support for legacy Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    WhatsApp ends support for legacy Microsoft Edge browser: In January, Microsoft introduced the new Edge browser based on the open-source platform Chromium that also powers Google Chrome. The old Microsoft Edge is now known as legacy Edge or Edge legacy, and Microsoft said that it’s preparing to drop support for the old browser next...
  5. internet explorer , not microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet explorer , not microsoft edge: hi all, I took my internet explorer off my task bar and now I cant use anything but Microsoft EDGE , which I hate. Can anyone tell me how I can get my old internet explorer search engine back? thanks james...
  6. Internet Explorer 11 End of Support

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Internet Explorer 11 End of Support: Hello Please to end of internet explorer 11 in any date to upgrade Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-11-end-of-support/e622027d-8839-47b8-b3d8-1f783832cbc5
  7. Microsoft to end support for TLS protocol for Edge and Internet Explorer in first half of 2020

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to end support for TLS protocol for Edge and Internet Explorer in first half of 2020: Microsoft today in a blog post announced that it is going to end support for the Transport Layer Security or TLS 1.0 and 1.1 in supported versions of its Windows 10 browser Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11. The company announced that it will be ending support for TLS...
  8. Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11: I play a game that when I click on a link in the Chat it opens my browser and opens it directly to the link, but my Default browser is Microsoft Edge but, it always opens for me Internet Explorer 11. Can anyone help me in this please? 31738
  9. RC4 no longer supported in Microsoft Edge and IE11 in April

in Windows 10 News
    RC4 no longer supported in Microsoft Edge and IE11 in April: In September 2015, Microsoft announced the end-of-support of the RC4 cipher in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 in early 2016. We plan to release this change with April’s cumulative security updates on April 12th, 2016. With this update, the RC4 cipher will be disabled...
  10. RC4 is now deprecated in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11

in Windows 10 News
    RC4 is now deprecated in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11: In September 2015, Microsoft announced the end-of-support for the RC4 cipher in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 in 2016, as there is consensus across the industry that RC4 is no longer cryptographically secure. Today, we are releasing KB3151631 with the August 9,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. internet explorer RC4 cipher support