Windows 10: ending task??

Discus and support ending task?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; trying to end a task in the task manager and it keeps jumping around how do I stop it so I can find the task I want to end!! 119891 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vett, Oct 15, 2018.

1. vett Win User

ending task??

trying to end a task in the task manager and it keeps jumping around how do I stop it so I can find the task I want to end!!

:)

2. Windows 10 Task Manager "End Task" does not end task.

Hi Glenn,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Does it show any error message while performing End Task Through
    Task Manager?

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and then try to end the task and check if you’re able to

Safe mode:

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
      Shift key and click on Restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot.
    • Click on Advanced options.
    • Click on Startup Settings.
    • Click on Restart.
    • When your PC starts up, you'll see a light blue screen with the Startup Settings menu. You can now choose an option using your keyboard (number keys or function keys). To start up in Safe Mode, press
      4 or F4. To start up in Safe Mode with networking, press
      5 or F5. To start up in Safe Mode with the Command Prompt, press
      6 or F6. If you change your mind and decide you don't want to boot into Safe Mode after all, hit
      Enter to boot normally.
    Let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Oct 15, 2018
  3. Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Oct 15, 2018
  4. ending task??

computer doesn't go to sleep automatically

The only task in that list that is not a part of the system task is the "FreeDownloadManagerNetworkMonitor". We suggest that you end the said task by going again to the
    Task Scheduler. To do so, kindly follow these steps:

• Follow the steps that we have provided you before to display all running tasks.
    • Once all running tasks are displayed, select "FreeDownloadManagerNetworkMonitor", then click on
      End Task.

If ending its task doesn't resolve your concern, we suggest that you try to uninstall it by following the steps in this article:

Repair or remove programs in Windows 10
    . Once done, kindly check if the issue persists.

Kindly get back to us once you're done with the steps that we have provided.

Joshua Her1, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

ending task??

1. ending task?? - Similar Threads - ending task

2. End Task grayed out in task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    End Task grayed out in task manager: Hello! i was trying to terminate a task in Task Manager, but i cant because the "End Task" button was grayed out, and only the "Restart" button when selecting Windows Explorer works, On my standard account, its grayed out, however on the administrator, its not grayed out If...
  3. End Task grayed out in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    End Task grayed out in task manager: Hello! i was trying to terminate a task in Task Manager, but i cant because the "End Task" button was grayed out, and only the "Restart" button when selecting Windows Explorer works, On my standard account, its grayed out, however on the administrator, its not grayed out If...
  4. Add End Task to Windows 11's Taskbar to one-up Close Window

in Windows 10 News
    Add End Task to Windows 11's Taskbar to one-up Close Window: Microsoft's Windows operating system comes with several options to close programs. Common options include using window controls and the Task Manager. Previous versions of Windows, including Windows 10, also included an End Task option when right-clicking on open programs in...
  5. I accidentally ended tasks!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally ended tasks!!: Hey , I accidentally ended tasks in task managerCan I see the history of ended tasks?Btw I restarted my computer so can I see that history?Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-ended-tasks/54d170f2-2db5-4306-929a-b3d9149790db
  6. I accidentally ended tasks!!

I accidentally ended tasks!!: Hey , I accidentally ended tasks in task managerCan I see the history of ended tasks?Btw I restarted my computer so can I see that history?Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-ended-tasks/54d170f2-2db5-4306-929a-b3d9149790db
  7. I accidentally ended tasks!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. I clicked end task on desktop window manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I clicked end task on desktop window manager: I was ending tasks that ate up my memory but I accidentally ended task on desktop window manager. My screen is black and I can't open anything except task manager.DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS??? plus help asap...
  9. I clicked end task on desktop window manager

I clicked end task on desktop window manager: I was ending tasks that ate up my memory but I accidentally ended task on desktop window manager. My screen is black and I can't open anything except task manager.DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS??? plus help asap...
  10. Why does Windows Explorer ends task several times each day.

Why does Windows Explorer ends task several times each day.: Several times each day my taskbar at the bottom of each page stops coming up when I scroll down to the bottom. At this time It still functions properly on just the desktop. So I have to go to Task Manager, scroll down to find Windows Explorer and then click on the "restart...