Windows 10: Endless Black screen with a blinking white underscore in the top left corner at startip

Discus and support Endless Black screen with a blinking white underscore in the top left corner at startip in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, as soon as i start my pc it shows the first screen that shows the F keys for boot menu, but then goes straight to an endless black screen with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SouthernBoy1, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Endless Black screen with a blinking white underscore in the top left corner at startip

Hello, as soon as i start my pc it shows the first screen that shows the F keys for boot menu, but then goes straight to an endless black screen with a white flashing underscore at the top left. It won't let me boot in safe mode although it does restart when i push ctrl + alt + delete and i can open the boot menu by pushing F11, but I even tried all the settings in boot menu to no avail, it is windows 10. Will reinstalling the OS fix this? Or is there something easier i can do to fix it? Here is a pic of the screen and the PC's info. Btw this is a compaq presario desktop computer. Please help I've been awake all night trying to fix this.Endless Black screen with a blinking white underscore in the top left corner at startip [​IMG] Endless Black screen with a blinking white underscore in the top left corner at startip e7b1aa6c-a54c-4597-93c6-2c1ba9ae9960?upload=true.png

:)

SouthernBoy1, Sep 5, 2019

2. Black Screen of Death?

I recieved the 'black screen of death' on my Windows 10 PC, about a week ago. I've tried everything to fix it, and unfortunately, nothing has helped. It is a black screen with a blinking white underscore in the top left hand corner.

Sarah Doherty, Sep 5, 2019
  3. Mosst Win User
    Windows 10 won't boot, black screen with blinking underscore

So my pc stopped working on Monday I've spent the past couple of days trying to figure out how to fix it but haven't found anyone else that's having the same issue as me. Monday morning I booted up my pc and was got a black screen with a blinking underscore at the top left. I have my most important stuff already backed up so that's not an issue.

​My problem comes from not being able to use most of the "commands" in the startup menu. So I can't follow other threads and fix my problem.

Endless Black screen with a blinking white underscore in the top left corner at startip [​IMG]

Continue Startup, Diagnostics, Boot Menu and network boot all lead to the same black screen with the blinking underscore at the top left corner. Diagnostics gives me another option "dps self- test" It can detect my hardrive and the tests said that everything was fine.Utilities lets me set the time and date and "flash system rom" though I can't actually scroll down to that second option. I also can't scroll down to the "Run UEFI Application..." Pressing ctrl + s and F10 take me to computer setup though i'm not sure what I can do with that.

​My computer specs are

​hp Compaq 6200 pro sff pc
    ​Geforce 610
    ​Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10ghz
    ​Running windows 10 though it originally ran windows 7
    ​Satao 250 GB, Hitachi

​I usually have a second hardrive for my steam library but I've disconnected that, as well as everything else other then my mouse, keyboard and monitors.

Mosst, Sep 5, 2019
  4. DSplayer Win User

Endless Black screen with a blinking white underscore in the top left corner at startip

Blinking underscore and black screen on boot.

I left my laptop to update overnight then I woke up the next day and turned on my laptop then when it booted it showed a blinking underscore and a black background. Please help quick!

DSplayer, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

Endless Black screen with a blinking white underscore in the top left corner at startip

1. Endless Black screen with a blinking white underscore in the top left corner at startip - Similar Threads - Endless Black screen

2. white rectangle on top left corner of screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    white rectangle on top left corner of screen: so there is a solid white rectangle on the top left corner of my screen.if i open another window and close it nothing happens it works normally. the square doesnt come on any app just remains on the dektop. the square remains on the top left corner and now i cant evn click it...
  3. white rectangle on top left corner of screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    white rectangle on top left corner of screen: so there is a solid white rectangle on the top left corner of my screen.if i open another window and close it nothing happens it works normally. the square doesnt come on any app just remains on the dektop. the square remains on the top left corner and now i cant evn click it...
  4. white rectangle on top left corner of screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Black screen with a blinking underscore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with a blinking underscore: I turned my computer on yesterday and it has been displaying a black screen with a blinking white underscore on the top left corner. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-with-a-blinking-underscore/3eb4447f-c7f4-4434-be5c-ee2d90def70d
  6. Black screen with a blinking underscore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with a blinking underscore: I turned my computer on yesterday and it has been displaying a black screen with a blinking white underscore on the top left corner. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-with-a-blinking-underscore/3eb4447f-c7f4-4434-be5c-ee2d90def70d
  7. white rectangle on top left corner of screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    white rectangle on top left corner of screen: so there is a solid white rectangle on the top left corner of my screen.if i open another window and close it nothing happens it works normally. the square doesnt come on any app just remains on the dektop.sometime all my apps on my desktop dissapear so i click on the square...
  8. Black screen with underscore blinking

Black screen with underscore blinking: I cant get access to fixboot command I just downloaded windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-with-underscore-blinking/f2d53fb5-2154-429b-853e-03f650fddac2
  9. black screen with white flashing underscore in top left corner

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    black screen with white flashing underscore in top left corner: Hello! this morning I turned on my pc as usual, but after briefly seeing the HP logo for about half a second, the screen goes black, and a white underscore begins to flash in the top left corner. I tried turning it off and unplugging it, and then restarting, but it does...
  10. Windows 10 black screen with blinking underscore in top left corner

Windows 10 black screen with blinking underscore in top left corner: Hi everyone, I was updating my computer, when my power went out unexpectedly. With that in mind, I decided to just leave my computer alone for the night. The next day, I started my pc and was greeted to the ever so lovely black screen with a blinking cursor. All I see is the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. BLACK SCREEN FLASHING WITH WHITE UNDERSCORE