Windows 10: endless booting and now can't restore macrium

Discus and support endless booting and now can't restore macrium in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help. Problems started a few days ago with occasional 'page fault in non paged area - iastorav.sys'. It got worse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by dsmith888, Sep 29, 2020.

1. dsmith888 Win User

endless booting and now can't restore macrium

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help. Problems started a few days ago with occasional 'page fault in non paged area - iastorav.sys'. It got worse before I could look at it. It moved to forever looping on boot to ' performing automatic repair' and never boots to windows 10 (1909). Here are some things I have tried:

1) using Kyhi rescue usb disk (1709) - it boots but gets BSOD .
    2) using Windows 1909 iso - it also boots but get BSOD
    3) using Macrium RE 1903 - it boots into Macrium Reflect and I plug in my external drive and it finds the backed up image but says I have no destination drive ie my c:. Running cmd prompt from this environment, I run 'diskpart' and 'list disk' and it also does not show my c:

In all 3 above , i had to go to legacy boot instead of uefi to get this to boot.

thanks
    DELL xps14 - L421X

:)

dsmith888, Sep 29, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

endless booting and now can't restore macrium [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Jerry8AB Win User
    Macrium Boot Question

Macrium Boot Question

I use Windows 10 and a Macrium recovery program. My BIOS is set where the optical disk for CDs and DVDs are not set to recognize a CD/DVD disc as the first priority to boot from.

What are the steps I should take to make my Macrium Rescue Disk as being first to boot from?

Thanks,

Jerry

Jerry8AB, Sep 29, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

1. endless booting and now can't restore macrium - Similar Threads - endless booting can't

2. ASUS Maximum XII can't boot to boot drive after Macrium restore

in Windows 10 Support
    ASUS Maximum XII can't boot to boot drive after Macrium restore: Relatively new computer: ASUS Maximum XII; i910900k; Sabrent Rocket boot NVMe. Windows 10 Professional all updates. My Windows system, even with all anti-virus safeguards plus Malwarebytes, was hit with a virus. And the machine has acted flaky since (even though I removed the...
  3. endless booting and now can't restore macrium

in Windows 10 Support
    endless booting and now can't restore macrium: Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help. Problems started a few days ago with occasional 'page fault in non paged area - iastorav.sys'. It got worse before I could look at it. It moved to forever looping on boot to ' performing automatic repair' and never boots to windows 10...
  4. Problems With Macrium Restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Problems With Macrium Restore: I have used Macrium for quite a while and been very pleased. However, lately I cannot run a restore successfully. I can backup my drive just fine. But when I try to run a restore, the error Oc000000F comes up instead. This is following the install of the latest Windows...
  5. Problems With Macrium Restore

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems With Macrium Restore: I have used Macrium for quite a while and been very pleased. However, lately I cannot run a restore successfully. I can backup my drive just fine. But when I try to run a restore, the error Oc000000F comes up instead. This is following the install of the latest Windows...
  6. Macrium: trial restore?

Macrium: trial restore?: So far I've never had to restore an image and I'm not brave enough to wipe my OS as an experiment. But I have plenty of disk capacity, either on my internal 4 TB D or one of my external USB drives. So as a second-best is it possible to restore my OS disk C image (135 GB) to...
  7. Macrium Restore Image

Macrium Restore Image: I just performed a clean install from 1809 ISO saved the MR image of the clean install to my ext. USB HD and 64GB 3.0 flash drive. This morning I tested the clean install from the flash drive, MR went through all the image restore set up then I received an error message...
  8. Restored Macrium Reflect 6.3 image will not boot 'boot disk not found'

Restored Macrium Reflect 6.3 image will not boot 'boot disk not found': Windows 10 Pro, Toshiba Satellite upgraded from OEM Win 8. Created system image w/ Macrium and restored it to a new second HD(HD2). Both drives had a lot of partitions due to Win 8 upgraded to Win 8.1 and back to Win 8 prior to upgrade to Win 10. The laptop will have either...
  9. Backup & Restore with Macrium

Backup & Restore with Macrium: Hello, Thanks for the answers. Searching I found this long explanation which made me more confused http://www.everydaylinuxuser.com/201...-way-with.html and I have lot of questions since, 1. Have one full instl. file "reflect_setup_free_x86(6.1.1081).exe size 39.502...
  10. Can't Boot to Macrium Reflect Rescue Media

Can't Boot to Macrium Reflect Rescue Media: I installed Macrium Reflect so that I could create rescue media and disk images. My computer will not boot from the rescue media that I created. The creation seemed to go fine, all the appropriate files seem to be there. The rescue USB shows up in my bios boot list third...