Windows 10: Endless BSODs (usually during updates, restarts)

Discus and support Endless BSODs (usually during updates, restarts) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I'm getting constant BSODs, I noticed that they appear during all windows updates when PC restart is needed, sometimes they appear on desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by S1M0N07, Jul 29, 2019.

1. S1M0N07 Win User

Endless BSODs (usually during updates, restarts)

Hello,

I'm getting constant BSODs, I noticed that they appear during all windows updates when PC restart is needed, sometimes they appear on desktop and during normall reboots, even during first clean windows installation. Never occured in games or other hardware demanding apps. (maybe i need to change some voltages if under pressure computer seems to be stable, but I have no idea what to change) What's interesting, sometimes when I'm starting up my PC there is an error that winload.efi file is missing, but after pressing "Enter" to load system again everything works fine. Analyze my last 3 DMP files please.

I wanted to update Windows to 1903 Version too, and many problems occured aswell, firstly after reboot (and BSOD) on "Windows Update" tab there was an error 0x8000FFFF (the installation failed), then tried to update again and after installing and reboot Windows said: "we will undo changes made on your computer" and installation failed again, with error 0xC1900101 (I could see this error only in event viewer)

I tested RAM with MEMTest86 (full test, all passes, two times) and zero errors, however windows memory diagnostic tool found error one time, and two other times showed zero errors. I tested my SSD and seems to be clean too.

Problem is weird for me, from one side it looks like it's hardware problem (bluescreens during first windows installation, one error from windows memory diagnostic tool) but from second side it seems to be software problem (zero errors in memtest, bluescreens usually during updates)

RAM is NOT running on XMP mode, all BIOS settings are default.

My computer specs:

Ryzen 5 2600

MSI B450M Gaming Plus

2X8Gb G.Skill Aegis 3000Mhz

GTX 1660Ti

SilentiumPC Vero L2

Crucial BX500 240Gb

I hope i included everything that you need.

Link for zip with DMP files and msinfo file - https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgpC0ecTrWUfj1pJ4jLlcpdRtjLw?e=IsKtSu

:)

S1M0N07, Jul 29, 2019
  2. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    Endless BSODs (usually during updates, restarts) [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Jul 29, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Endless BSODs (usually during updates, restarts) :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 29, 2019
  4. mite1977 Win User

endless updating

my nokia N80-1 is updating endless, it stoped on step 3 and now it says do not remove the phone so how can i stop this endless updating or cancell it and start again step by step.

mite1977, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Endless BSODs (usually during updates, restarts) - Similar Threads - Endless BSODs usually

2. Computer restarts endlessly with BSoD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer restarts endlessly with BSoD: In general. I sat and calmly played Hearthstone and watched videos. At some point, the screen froze, the picture floated and a blue screen appeared with the error "UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP" I climbed the Internet and found solutions to the problem.BUT, the problem is that...
  3. Computer restarts endlessly with BSoD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer restarts endlessly with BSoD: In general. I sat and calmly played Hearthstone and watched videos. At some point, the screen froze, the picture floated and a blue screen appeared with the error "UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP" I climbed the Internet and found solutions to the problem.BUT, the problem is that...
  4. Windows 11 restarting loop, seems to be during or after an update, restarting endlessly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 restarting loop, seems to be during or after an update, restarting endlessly: ThinkCentre Neo 50s Intel Small Form Factor, Win11 pro, i5 12th gen, 8gb ram, 256GB ssDI have a few of these purchased about 4 months ago. Recently one would show the Lenovo screen, then the circle under it, then it would say restarting, it does this endlessly. I was able to...
  5. Windows 11 restarting loop, seems to be during or after an update, restarting endlessly

Windows 11 restarting loop, seems to be during or after an update, restarting endlessly: ThinkCentre Neo 50s Intel Small Form Factor, Win11 pro, i5 12th gen, 8gb ram, 256GB ssDI have a few of these purchased about 4 months ago. Recently one would show the Lenovo screen, then the circle under it, then it would say restarting, it does this endlessly. I was able to...
  6. Endless BSODS

Endless BSODS: Hello! I am suffering through a lot of BSODs and sometimes it would just crash and restart . Event 41 – Kernel Power has been showing up alot in my event viewer as a critical error. I posted a link to the dump file below along with my system information. Please let me know If...
  7. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (usually during Cyberpunk 2077)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (usually during Cyberpunk 2077): I usually get bsod within a few minutes of playing graphic intensive games. I will load into cyberpunk play for 1-15 minutes, the game and audio will then freeze for a few seconds and leads to a blue screen. I have uploaded my V2 collector and I hope that we can solve this...
  8. BSOD restart during update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD restart during update.: Overnight my laptop had done an update, and upon waking up I see that my laptop was still installing it, after a couple of seconds of saying it's 30% done. The laptop BSOD's on itself, saying the only error is "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION". It then restarts doing the same thing...
  9. BSOD endless

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD endless: Good day all, I have been battling BSOD since I built my computer and it's been going on for months now. I feel like I have gotten every BOSD name there is but the most common is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I have fully tested RAM and even bought new RAM and replace and...
  10. Endless restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Endless restart: So after getting new ram, hdd and a ssd I decided to wipe my old hdd and whhenn it was in the process of reinstalling windows it got up to 64 percent then just kept on restarting. I've managed to put in as repair disk and get to the system recovery options but unable to...