Windows 10: Endless reboots following update installation

Discus and support Endless reboots following update installation in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a computer I don't use often. I booted it up to check for updates. There were several. It was installing the last update when it just rebooted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SJMaye, Jul 20, 2020.

1. SJMaye Win User

Endless reboots following update installation

I have a computer I don't use often. I booted it up to check for updates. There were several. It was installing the last update when it just rebooted on it's own. No warning. No prompt. I thought it was just part of the update. During the reboot I expected to see the usual blue screen showing the installation of the update similar to the one below, however, I only saw this screen blink and then on to my desktop. Several seconds later it rebooted and did the same thing again and again.

I managed to get to the advanced repair options. Repair was unsuccessful. I tried uninstalling the update, but that option was not there. I gave up and rebooted with crossed fingers. This time it booted successfully and stayed there. I tried reinstalling the update and got the same rebooting.

I have a snag of the screen showing the update in question. Has anyone else had a problem with this update?
    That PC is running Win10 Pro Build 18363.592

Endless reboots following update installation [​IMG]

Endless reboots following update installation [​IMG]

:)

SJMaye, Jul 20, 2020
  2. Sharief K Win User

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

Hi,

• Have you checked if the hard disk is set as first boot device in the BIOS?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?
    • What did the HP supported suggested you to fix the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the following article and check if it helps.

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the more information about the interaction with HP support and the outcome of the issue.

Sharief K, Jul 20, 2020
  3. niko084 Win User
    Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Jul 20, 2020
  4. Endless reboots following update installation

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

Endless reboots following update installation

1. Endless reboots following update installation - Similar Threads - Endless reboots following

2. Endless updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Endless updates: Why is my pc wanting to update constantly? It slows it down and unable to work on it. Plus there is always an update fail. 0x800f080a.How can I prevent it from slowing down my computer. I have a lot of free space but does not help.It is so frustrating. This has been going on...
  3. 0xc000021a - endless reboot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0xc000021a - endless reboot loop: Hello, a problem has risen with my Windows 10 system laptop.I keep getting the stop code 0xc000021a AND I can't access the advanced options/settings. I've forced the computer to turn off at least thrice in a row while loading, but it's not helping: I still get the code &...
  4. 0xc000021a - endless reboot loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0xc000021a - endless reboot loop: Hello, a problem has risen with my Windows 10 system laptop.I keep getting the stop code 0xc000021a AND I can't access the advanced options/settings. I've forced the computer to turn off at least thrice in a row while loading, but it's not helping: I still get the code &...
  5. 0xc000021a - endless reboot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    0xc000021a - endless reboot loop: Hello, a problem has risen with my Windows 10 system laptop.I keep getting the stop code 0xc000021a AND I can't access the advanced options/settings. I've forced the computer to turn off at least thrice in a row while loading, but it's not happening: I still get the code &...
  6. windows 10 update => endless reboot [February 2021]

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 update => endless reboot [February 2021]: Hello, Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems KB4601319 - caused a continuous restart/boot/update/restart/... endless loop. I've used the restore point option via advanced troubleshoot but still, I have to take the updates as I see them...
  7. Installing Windows 10, endless updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10, endless updates?: [IMG]I recently cleared everything and reinstalled windows 10 on an old computer, but after restarting, i got this screen. I hit okay and it updated, but when i checked on it 20 minutes later, it was on this screen again. I have done this at least 10 times today, and it just...
  8. Endless Reboot after Windows update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Endless Reboot after Windows update: My Windows 10 updated last night with the cryptic message "Your files are Safe" update. Then none of my programs would open. When i rebooted I became stuck in an endless reboot cycle. I don't know how to get out of the cycle. I get to the login page then the laptop...
  9. Windows 10 update: endless failed installation reboot Feb 2017

Windows 10 update: endless failed installation reboot Feb 2017: Hi, I work in IT in a University and last week I prepped and set up a number of W10 computers for Student Admin DYI use. Everything up to date, tested, functioning smoothly. Today, (first day of classes and I go in to just make sure) and the computers have been bricked by an...
  10. Endless Reboot

Endless Reboot: Hello everyone, I downloaded and installed the updates and, when it asked me to reboot, I did. However, I had to leave the house, so I left it to restart. When I came back almost 6 hours later I saw the black screen with the dots moving in a circle indicating some sort of...