Windows 10: Endless repeating Credentials Prompt in Office365

Discus and support Endless repeating Credentials Prompt in Office365 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi All, I have installed current Windows 1809 with an MS Account and PIN for identification. Using the same account I connect to onedrive. Having one... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Oblomow58, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Oblomow58 Win User

Endless repeating Credentials Prompt in Office365

Hi All,

I have installed current Windows 1809 with an MS Account and PIN for identification. Using the same account I connect to onedrive.
    Having one Excel sheet on onedrive pinned to the Excel icon.

Worked well, but this spring I got several warnings:

MS-Outlook 365 prompts me after every system reboot for MS password for the account I already have logged in.

I receive many warnings from Email & accounts that there is something wrong with my account - Have to enter pin and then everything is okay

My favorite Excel Workbook pinned to the icon opens from the same MS Account I already logged in: Nevertheless I cannot save any changes: Have to enter my account (which I already use to login to Windows 10) again and enter the pin.
    Every time I make a modification.

Single Singon works different. Everything was working well until March or April and then the never ending prompts start

Does anyone of you have similar experiences?

Is there a way to avoid that prompting orgy?

Normally I like MS much, especially Mrs. Gates I am following at linkedin - very impressive, she and her husband, which looks quit old now

Cheers, Oblomow

:)

Oblomow58, Jun 1, 2019
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Windows Network Credentials

Hi Keith,

We suggest that you disable Credential Manager before mapping your Drives. Please follow these steps to disable Credential Manager:

• In the search box type “Services
    • Right click on “Services” and select “Run as Administrator
    • In the Services Window, look for Credential Manager Service and click “Stop”.
    • Restart the computer and go back the Credential Manager Service and set it to “Automatic”.
    • Restart the computer again.

Please keep us updated if you were able to map your drives.

Ryan Fra, Jun 1, 2019
  3. WiFi prompt for additional credentials

I need some help. On Windows 7 when you were connected to a Wireless Network that required additional credentials, there would be this nice notification. When you clicked it, it would popup the authentication box, allowing a user to enter their credentials.

Endless repeating Credentials Prompt in Office365 [​IMG]

In Windows 10 however, there is no notification (that I can find how to turn on). If I click the Wireless icon in the taskbar, the credential box will appear.

The reason I would like/need the notification to appear is these particular systems are going to be student used, and I want a visual way for them to know to enter their credentials rather than just tapping the WiFi icon.

Any help/suggestions or scripts etc. that you all know of to make this happen?

Thanks

xerxes2985, Jun 1, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Credential Guard lab companion

Source: Credential Guard lab companion Datacenter and Private Cloud Security Blog

See also:

Brink, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Endless repeating Credentials Prompt in Office365 - Similar Threads - Endless repeating Credentials

2. Endless cycle of Windows update prompts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Endless cycle of Windows update prompts: A few months ago, Windows Update performed a major update, after which I discovered that the volume control no longer worked on my laptop other than being able to turn the sound completely off. Looking around the web for help, one suggestion I found in a couple of places was...
  3. Endless cycle of Windows update prompts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Endless cycle of Windows update prompts: A few months ago, Windows Update performed a major update, after which I discovered that the volume control no longer worked on my laptop other than being able to turn the sound completely off. Looking around the web for help, one suggestion I found in a couple of places was...
  4. UAC not prompting admin credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC not prompting admin credentials: Hi everyone, i'm having a problem with uac in my domain, when i'm running softwares installations i'm not getting the option to enter admin credentials when i'm opening the software installation as administrator.Thanks...
  5. Prompt for Credentials vs Prompt for Credentials on Secure Desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Prompt for Credentials vs Prompt for Credentials on Secure Desktop: Hello, What is the difference between Prompt for Credentials and ? In both, I have the same thing. 1. Prompt for Credential [ATTACH] 2. Prompt for Credentials on Secure Desktop [ATTACH]...
  6. Repeated Network Credentials Input

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Repeated Network Credentials Input: Hi All, I keep getting the pop up to key in my network credentials to a NAS even though they are saved in the credentials manager. Happens when i reboot, after a while it goes back to normal. What could be the issue? Windows 10 version is 1903....
  7. Endless login prompt

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Endless login prompt: Hey there, Just recentely I encountered this very strange issue. My windows is stuck at the log-in prompt. After typing my password I see the animation plays (the little circle), a black screen and then I'm back again at the log-in prompt. No error or anything. The...
  8. Outlook 2013 repeatedly prompts for email account credentials

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2013 repeatedly prompts for email account credentials: I use Outlook 2013 for four different email accounts - two hotmail. com accounts, one outlook.com account, and one sbcglobal.net POP account provided by AT&T via Yahoo. Beginning a week or so ago, I've started getting password prompts throughout the day for the...
  9. Microphone input endlessly repeats itself

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone input endlessly repeats itself: I recently switched from a USB gaming headset to a V-MODA BoomPro microphone, which uses a 3.5mm jack. When using VoIP, I've noticed that everything that's input via the mic will endlessly repeat over itself - for instance, if I say one "Hello" into the mic, it'll constantly...
  10. WiFi prompt for additional credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi prompt for additional credentials: I need some help. On Windows 7 when you were connected to a Wireless Network that required additional credentials, there would be this nice notification. When you clicked it, it would popup the authentication box, allowing a user to enter their credentials. [img] In...