Windows 10: endless scrolling 8s after sign-in

Discus and support endless scrolling 8s after sign-in in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently my start menu turned into a blank white box and endless 8s began scrolling inside it, also in MSN sign-in box and all search boxes.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CharlesBeggs, Feb 13, 2019.

1. endless scrolling 8s after sign-in

Recently my start menu turned into a blank white box and endless 8s began scrolling inside it, also in MSN sign-in box and all search boxes.

Eventually got to critical process died message, then to reset etc. screen. No options there worked. So reinstalled Windows 10 with media tool.

Then scrolling problem occurred today again at MSN sign-in box and and start menu did same thing. I was able to sign out, then back in and again rows of dots on sign-in box. Hit forgot password and was able to reset it, once again.

I guess this is sort of a preemptive question of whether anyone else has had these symptoms and how were handled. I thought reinstall should fix.

:)

CharlesBeggs, Feb 13, 2019

2. Stuck on sad face with the HTC 8s

The sadface is a sign that the update/installation failed.

Try the hard reset steps.

You said HTC 8S?

HTC 8S Factory Reset Instructions

• Turn the power off.
    • Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button. Release the VOLUME DOWN button when you see an icon on the screen.
    • Then press the following hardware buttons in sequence: VOLUME UP > VOLUME DOWN > POWER > VOLUME DOWN.

Archaic Light, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Stuck on sad face with the HTC 8s

I've got a lightning flash next to a gear as an icon.
    I've pressed the button sequence but nothing has happened for a few minutes now.

SarahSheawuo, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Sharief K Win User

endless scrolling 8s after sign-in

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

Hi,

• Have you checked if the hard disk is set as first boot device in the BIOS?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?
    • What did the HP supported suggested you to fix the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the following article and check if it helps.

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the more information about the interaction with HP support and the outcome of the issue.

Sharief K, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

endless scrolling 8s after sign-in

1. endless scrolling 8s after sign-in - Similar Threads - endless scrolling sign

2. Endless sign in loop in 'Advanced app settings'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Endless sign in loop in 'Advanced app settings': Hey community!I recently upgraded to Windows 11 using the 'Installation Assistant', which went really smooth. Only one nuisance: on every boot I see a notification asking me to log in. Clicking the notification takes me to 'Apps > Advanced app settings' and the second line...
  3. Endless sign in loop in 'Advanced app settings'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Endless sign in loop in 'Advanced app settings': Hey community!I recently upgraded to Windows 11 using the 'Installation Assistant', which went really smooth. Only one nuisance: on every boot I see a notification asking me to log in. Clicking the notification takes me to 'Apps > Advanced app settings' and the second line...
  4. Windows menus scroll up endlessly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows menus scroll up endlessly: I have a Windows 10 laptop. All Windows menus Start, WiFi, the right-click menu for taskbar icons, etc. just scroll up over and over and over again. I am not able to click anything in these menus. I restarted the computer and it didn't fix anything....
  5. Windows menus scroll up endlessly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows menus scroll up endlessly: I have a Windows 10 laptop. All Windows menus Start, WiFi, the right-click menu for taskbar icons, etc. just scroll up over and over and over again. I am not able to click anything in these menus. I restarted the computer and it didn't fix anything....
  6. Windows menus scroll up endlessly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 Can't Sign In on PC with PIN - Endless Loops Upon Endless Loops

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Can't Sign In on PC with PIN - Endless Loops Upon Endless Loops: Big problem here. Let me first explain that I've tried every way possible to talk to someone at MS live via phone or web chat, but that doesn't seem possible anymore. I can't even request support from help.microsoft.com. I put in my issues in the field, it gives me links...
  8. Sign in - Endless loop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sign in - Endless loop.: I turn on computer and get the first splash screen, I hit enter so I can enter my password, however, this is we’re the problem starts. After I hit enter the screen that appears shows my user name but no rectangular box to enter my password. It just has the words sign in. I...
  9. transferring pics from iphone 8s

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transferring pics from iphone 8s: When downloading photos from Iphone DCIM folder, shortly afterwards computer message reads device access failed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-pics-from-iphone-8s/4b57ea7d-799a-4322-80b8-d3e9051464bf
  10. My spacebar causes the page to scroll endlessly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My spacebar causes the page to scroll endlessly: Starting today, whenever I press the spacebar outside of a typing area, it causes the page to continuously scroll until I push it again. It also causes videos to instantly finish instead of pausing. I tried closing the web browser and turning the computer off and on again,...