Windows 10: Endless zooming Pictures and scolling down in settings menu

Discus and support Endless zooming Pictures and scolling down in settings menu in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, got an interesting one for you. After some time my pc will start to have a strange issue that I believe is linked. One effect is when I open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Confusedracoon, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Endless zooming Pictures and scolling down in settings menu

Hi all, got an interesting one for you.

After some time my pc will start to have a strange issue that I believe is linked.

One effect is when I open a picture in the default app it'll zoom in until it can't and then bounce off that endlessly.

The second is when I hit the speech bubble on the task tray and try to click settings it'll instantly jump the lowest option, in my case wifi.

I doesn't register the click, it just moves the selected tile.

If/when I get into the settings menu if I click on anything it'll select the lowest thing on the list. In the following image I just clicked Display and it then went back to selecting About. I can choose options from the list but it always gos to the bottom after. Instantly, not slowly scrolling. Endless zooming Pictures and scolling down in settings menu 641aecdd-c0af-448d-994c-00f1153420c7?upload=true.png

I believe this to be a driver issue, maybe even a USB issue, but I'm not sure where to start looking. I only have a keyboard and a mouse plugged in. Both Logitech running the Logitech Gaming Software 8.82.151 and both report their drivers are up todate.

Restarting the PC does temporarily fix the issue. A clean boot also temporarily fix the issue.

I don't believe it to be malicious software, neither windows nor Malwarebytes has detected anything worth mentioning.

It's not a huge issue but I'd like to investigate and figure it out.

Hardware wise the computer is:

amd ryzen5600x

Gigabyte aorus I pro wifi F33c BIOS

16gb corsair dominator

GTX 1080 461.92 drivers

2x ssds, 2x m.2 and a hdd.

Built it mid-January, Everything that can be up to date is. 20H2, 19042.867 with experience pack 120.2212.551.0
    There is an optional update KB5001567 that's downloaded and will be installed next restart, after I post this.

Cheers.

:)

Confusedracoon, Mar 16, 2021
  2. JeffyB Win User

Images in picture viewer always zooming in

Hi. Often when I view an image in the Windows 10 picture viewer, it will zoom in to the max, and I cannot zoom it out.

A possible related symptom is seen in some lists in the start menu, like when when I right-click Microsoft Word to see a list of my recent documents, there is a white rectangle that appears over one option and when I touch the arrow keys, the rectangle immediately scrolls to the bottom of the list. Also, anything that appears in the center of the Settings window will immediately scroll to the bottom, as if a key were stuck, but my keyboard is fine.

When I restart my PC the problem disappears but then comes back again soon.

My OS build is 19042.746

Thanx in advance for any help.

JeffyB, Mar 16, 2021
  3. CJW
    CJW Win User
    Start Menu List - ZOOM

Is the program ZOOM installed on a user-by-user basis?

I installed ZOOM through my (everyday use) Standard account & placed the shortcut into the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs folder, as I do w/other shortcuts just in case I need them when I do use my Administrator account.

But my Administrator account doesn't show the ZOOM icon (red circles) & when I do click on the shortcut, I get an error message-

Endless zooming Pictures and scolling down in settings menu [​IMG]

Endless zooming Pictures and scolling down in settings menu [​IMG]

4. Johan45 Win User

Endless zooming Pictures and scolling down in settings menu

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

Endless zooming Pictures and scolling down in settings menu

1. Endless zooming Pictures and scolling down in settings menu - Similar Threads - Endless zooming Pictures

2. How to zoom Windows Settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to zoom Windows Settings?: How do you zoom the Windows Settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-zoom-windows-settings/10e0d6ef-ad89-4e05-9681-1ab560269d50
  3. Start Menu List - ZOOM

Start Menu List - ZOOM: Is the program ZOOM installed on a user-by-user basis? I installed ZOOM through my (everyday use) Standard account & placed the shortcut into the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs folder, as I do w/other shortcuts just in case I need them when I do use my...
  4. Images in picture viewer always zooming in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Images in picture viewer always zooming in: Hi. Often when I view an image in the Windows 10 picture viewer, it will zoom in to the max, and I cannot zoom it out. A possible related symptom is seen in some lists in the start menu, like when when I right-click Microsoft Word to see a list of my recent documents, there...
  5. Zoom camera and picture always purple.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Zoom camera and picture always purple.: When I join a Zoom meeting, my picture is always several shades of purple. Who is the problem and who can fix it for me? I have no idea what is next which is very frustrating. I purchased the Lenovo 365 in August 2019 and I've had something wrong with the computer...
  6. Zoom setting

Zoom setting: When I change the zoom setting on a page, how can I get it to stay at that setting so that I don't have to change it on every page I go to? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zoom-setting/14f74c14-0a0a-45f0-b6ea-ebc5139244e6
  7. when watching video's , the picture is way zoomed in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when watching video's , the picture is way zoomed in: [ATTACH] Only happen when the laptop is charging how can i fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/when-watching-videos-the-picture-is-way-zoomed-in/db8eb8bb-299c-4f21-9755-29ccc559c689
  8. Pull-down or Drop-down Menu?

in Browsers and Email
    Pull-down or Drop-down Menu?: I decided to uninstall Firefox after the entries in the Favorites doubled. (Example: the Yahoo Mail sign-in page appears twice in the list. Deleting one also deletes the other.) I have been looking for browsers with pull-down or drop-down menus but could only find...
  9. Menu shuts down

in Windows 10 Support
    Menu shuts down: At the far bottom left corner of the desktop is the Windows 10 logo. When clicked by mouse, a menu screen and a search bar opens On my computer the menu most often opens and immediately closes. There is not enough time to allow me to access any 3rd party programs on the...
  10. 10 menu zoom

in Windows 10 Support
    10 menu zoom: Most likely it is common knowledge, does everyone know about the menu zoom? MS has carried "zoom view" (semantic zoom) from the 8 menu into the 10 menu. ... haven't seen any posts about the alphabetic zoom view. very nice! ... can reduce or eliminate menu scrolling....