Windows 10: Energy Saver/Power Throttle on desktop computer 1903

Discus and support Energy Saver/Power Throttle on desktop computer 1903 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Is there any way to enable both of this or one of it to reduce CPU usage while I use games on front and they at background? I switched ON background... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Pagefile'sys, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Energy Saver/Power Throttle on desktop computer 1903

Is there any way to enable both of this or one of it to reduce CPU usage while I use games on front and they at background? I switched ON background programs thing on Settings but that did absolutely nothing. I read on google that gpedit.msc have these entries as option to enable or disable, is that helps in any way? I have windows 10 1903 and I do not want to update Windows to 1909/2004 due to bugs and problems. Is there features are available for a desktop computers at all?

Thank you

:)

Pagefile'sys, Sep 14, 2020
  2. malware Win User

GIGABYTE Launches Full Range of Dynamic Energy Saver Motherboards

GIGABYTE UNITED INC., a leading manufacturer of motherboards and graphics cards today is pleased to announce the launch of their full range of Dynamic Energy Saver motherboards, including X48, X38 and P35-based motherboards, delivering unparalleled power savings of up to 70% and up to 20% improved power efficiency with the simple click of a button.

"With more than one year of intensive design and testing, GIGABYTE’s Dynamic Energy Saver represents a truly amazing revolution in motherboard development," said Johnson Lin, CEO GIGABYTE UNITED INC. "With one little click, users are able to take advantage of up to 70% CPU power savings without sacrificing computing performance. Imagine the potential for power savings on a global scale if every motherboard in the world was able to provide similar power savings."

Featuring an advanced proprietary software and hardware design, including high quality components from Intersil, GIGABYTE Dynamic Energy Saver is a unique technology that provides exceptional power savings and improved power efficiency. The unique multi-gear power phase design of GIGABYTE’s Dynamic Energy Saver allows for the most efficient switching of power phases depending on CPU workload. When the CPU workload is light or at idle, the Dynamic Energy Saver downshifts gears and only allows the minimum required power phases needed to accomplish the task to operate. By turning off the power phases that are not needed, GIGABYTE’s Dynamic Energy Saver is able to dramatically save power, up to 70% compared to traditional motherboards, that would normally have been wasted. As soon as the workload increases, Dynamic Energy Saver recognizes that more power is needed and is able to shift into higher gear, turning on power phases as they are needed.

Unlike traditional power designs that keep all power phases active at all times no matter what the loading, GIGABYTE’s Dynamic Energy Saver features multiple gears, allowing the CPU to maintain optimum power efficiency from light all the way to heavy loading. In a traditional power phase design, each gear needs to operate at less than optimum efficiency, causing gaps in power efficiency. With the ability to switch on and off gears before they start to loose efficiency, GIGABYTE’s Dynamic Energy Saver is able to provide up to 20% improved power efficiency.

Dynamic Energy Saver User Interface
    GIGABYTE’s user-friendly Dynamic Energy Saver interface allows users to turn on and off the power saving features with a simple click of the Dynamic Energy Saver button. Not only can users see real-time CPU power consumption in Watts, but once Dynamic Energy Saver is enabled, users can also see how much power they are actually saving. In Meter Mode, GIGABYTE Dynamic Energy Saver shows how much power users have saved in a set period of time. Like a trip odometer in a car, users are able to reset the power savings meter to zero. In Total Mode, users are able to see how much total power savings they have accumulated since activating Dynamic Energy Saver for the first time. Even if the Dynamic Energy Saver functionality is turned off, the total amount of power saved will be recorded until re-activated, when total power savings will resume recording power savings.

GIGABYTE’s Dynamic Energy Saver technology also delivers additional power savings with its Dynamic CPU Voltage Control. Adjust the CPU voltage according to power saving needs; Level 1 for Normal Power Savings, Level 2 for Advanced Power Savings, and Level 3 for Extreme Power Savings. GIGABYTE’s Dynamic Frequency Control (CPU Throttling) allows for additional system power savings with a simple 1-click on/off button.

Unique Dynamic Energy Saver Hardware Design
    GIGABYTE Dynamic Energy Saver enabled motherboards feature an LED display located directly on the motherboard, allowing users to see the dynamic gear shifting in real-time. As each gear is activated, a color-coded LED representing the gear lights up.

GIGABYTE Dynamic Energy Saver + Intel 45nm CPU = Unmatched Energy Efficiency
    GIGABYTE Dynamic Energy Saver motherboards paired with Intel 45nm CPUs deliver the very best platform for multitasking, multimedia and high performance gaming, all while consuming very little power. By combining the improved performance-per-watt and optimized power savings of the Intel 45nm CPUs with the Ultra Durable, Ultra Cool and Ultra Energy Efficient performance of GIGABYTE’s Dynamic Energy Saver motherboards, users will be able to experience a new world of energy efficient computing.

Benefits of GIGABYTE Dynamic Energy Saver
    Not only does GIGABYTE Dynamic Energy Saver help users save money on electricity costs, but Dynamic Energy Saver enabled motherboards also help to reduce the impact everyday computing has on the environment. Less power consumption means less energy is needed to be produced from coal burning power plants. This cuts down on carbon dioxide output, a byproduct of burning fossil fuels for electricity and a known component of greenhouse gasses.

Today it is more important than ever to help conserve and protect our environment. That is why GIGABYTE has taken the lead to develop responsible computing technologies that have as little impact on the environment as possible. In addition to Dynamic Energy Saver, GIGABYTE has removed lead and other hazardous materials from their products, helping to create a greener computing future.

GIGABYTE Dynamic Energy Saver Models
    X48 Models

GA-X48T-DQ6
    GA-X48-DQ6
    GA-X48-DS5

P35 Models
    GA-EP35-DS4 / GA-P35-DS4 (rev. 2.1)
    GA-EP35C-DS3R / GA-P35C-DS3R (rev. 2.1)
    GA-EP35-DS3P / GA-P35-DS3P (rev. 2.1)
    GA-EP35-DS3R / GA-P35-DS3R (rev. 2.1)
    GA-EP35-DS3 / GA-P35-DS3 (rev. 2.1)

X38 Models
    GA-EX38-DS4

For additional information on the GIGABYTE Dynamic Energy Saver, please visit the GIGABYTE website at: GIGABYTE 技嘉科技

Source: GIGABYTE

malware, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Windows is power throttling for no reason.

Hi Damon_203,

It is normal to have lower CPU Core Frequency when your computer is idle
    for it is not working as hard as when it is active. This can help your computer save energy since less resources are used during this period. If you do not wish Windows to throttle your CPU when idle, you can either set your
    Power Options to Performance or change the
    minimum processor state
    from the default 5% to your desired setting in
    Advance power settings
    . To do this, please follow the steps below:

1. Press the Windows and R keys simultaneously.
    2. Type-in powercfg.cpl and press Enter.
    3. From here you choose your desired power plan.
    4. You can change power plan's settings by clicking Change plan settings.
    5. Click on Change advanced power settings.
    6. Look for Processor power management and click on the plus sign (+) to expand the list.
    7. You can set the Minimum and Maximum processor states to
      %.
    8. Click OK.

If you have additional questions, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Gerald Vit, Sep 14, 2020
  4. malware Win User

Energy Saver/Power Throttle on desktop computer 1903

Intel and Others Join Climate Savers Computing Initiative

Intel Corporation and Google joined with Dell, EDS, the Environmental Protection Agency, HP, IBM, Lenovo, Microsoft, Pacific Gas and Electric, World Wildlife Fund, and more than a dozen additional organizations today announcing their intent to form the Climate Savers Computing Initiative. The goal of the new broad-based environmental effort is to save energy and reduce greenhouse gas emissions by setting aggressive new targets for energy-efficient computers and components, and promoting the adoption of energy-efficient computers and power management tools worldwide.

"Today, the average desktop PC wastes nearly half of its power, and the average server wastes one-third of its power," said Urs Holzle, senior vice president, Operations, Google Inc. "The Climate Savers Computing Initiative is setting a new 90 percent efficiency target for power supplies, which if achieved, will reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 54 million tons per year -- and save more than $5.5 billion in energy costs.

"We are asking businesses and individuals throughout the world to join with us to institute better power management of their computing equipment and purchase energy-efficient computers," Holzle added.

Initial companies who intend to participate in the initiative represent both the demand and supply side of the computer industry, including computer manufacturers and chip makers, as well as environmental groups, energy companies, retailers, government agencies and more. The group will formalize its membership in coming weeks.

"By 2010, the Climate Savers Computing Initiative will cut greenhouse gas emissions in an amount equal to removing more than 11 million cars from the road or shutting down 20 500-megawatt coal-fired power plants -- a significant step in reducing the emissions affecting our planet," said Pat Gelsinger, senior vice president and general manager of Intel's Digital Enterprise Group.

"Computers have helped us make huge strides toward a more efficient world today, with reduced travel, more productivity, online transactions and more," Gelsinger added. "But with today's latest energy-efficient technologies, we can do even more. The commitment of the member companies that are here with us today is a firm statement to the collective resolve to make an enormous impact."

Computer and computer component manufacturers who support the initiative are committed to building energy-efficient products that meet or surpass the EPA's Energy Star* guidelines. Businesses must also commit to requiring high efficiency systems for the majority of their corporate desktop PCs and volume server purchases, and to deploy and use power management tools on desktop PCs.

Individual consumers can also support the Climate Savers Computing Initiative by signing up at www.climatesaverscomputing.org, where they will be able to pledge to purchase an initiative-certified system. The Web site will also help consumers learn how to take advantage of their existing computer's power-saving capabilities such as sleep and hibernate modes, which can reduce the amount of energy consumed by up to 60 percent.

The Climate Savers Computing Initiative licensed its name from the World Wildlife Fund Climate Savers program, which involves several leading companies working to reduce their carbon footprint.

"This is the first time our Climate Savers program has been applied to an entire sector, engaging manufacturers, retailers, and consumers," said John Donoghue, senior vice president for the WWF. "We are pleased to join these industry leaders to provide solutions to address climate change."

The initiative's energy efficiency benchmarks will initially follow the EPA's Energy Star guidelines; but with increasing requirements during the next several years. For example, 2007 Energy Star specifications require that PC power supplies meet at least 80 percent minimum efficiency. The initiative would require a minimum of 90 percent by 2010. In addition, the initiative sets a higher efficiency target in the power supply for volume servers (1U and 2U single-socket and dual-socket systems): an increase from 85 percent to 92 percent efficiency by 2010. For a complete description of the requirements, see www.climatesaverscomputing.org.

Source: Intel

malware, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Energy Saver/Power Throttle on desktop computer 1903

1. Energy Saver/Power Throttle on desktop computer 1903 - Similar Threads - Energy Saver Power

2. Enabling Power Throttling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enabling Power Throttling: Due to having tweaking the regedit my power throttling was deleted. I don't know how to restore it back. Any glues?I have Ideapad gaming 3 16iah7. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enabling-power-throttling/a7d94f65-d569-41e5-a2e9-343021990618
  3. Enabling Power Throttling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enabling Power Throttling: Due to having tweaking the regedit my power throttling was deleted. I don't know how to restore it back. Any glues?I have Ideapad gaming 3 16iah7. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enabling-power-throttling/a7d94f65-d569-41e5-a2e9-343021990618
  4. What's power throttling?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's power throttling?: Is it ok to disable it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-power-throttling/5ec1d432-5f2c-49ce-9a50-a277d43b825d
  5. What's power throttling?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's power throttling?: Is it ok to disable it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-power-throttling/5ec1d432-5f2c-49ce-9a50-a277d43b825d
  6. Question about energy saver.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about energy saver.: I basically found out about energy saver recently because I needed to mess with my GPU, when trying energy saver it has the option between user and agressive where the user description reads "Engage Energy Saver based on user settings" What's the general difference between...
  7. Windows 10 How to disable power saver/energy saver FOR GOOD?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 How to disable power saver/energy saver FOR GOOD?: I am not quite sure but my computer keeps going into power saving mode in the power options. I guess this is "energy saver mode" being automatically activated. I don't see any way to even disable power saving mode in the newer versions of windows 10. I am on update 1909...
  8. Power Throttling in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Throttling in Windows 10: So I came across this page: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/power-...ing-windows-10 that talks about which processes use power throttling and when I follow the directions and click select columns I do not see an option to tick Power Throttling. Win 10 Pro. Anyone else who...
  9. Add Energy Saver settings to Power Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Energy Saver settings to Power Options in Windows 10: How to: Add Energy Saver settings to Power Options in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove "Energy Saver settings" Power Options in Windows 10 Windows 10 introduces a new battery saver (aka: Energy Saver) feature that conserves your PC's battery by limiting background...
  10. Energy Saver Mode - Enable or Disable in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Energy Saver Mode - Enable or Disable in Windows 10: How to: Energy Saver Mode - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Energy Saver Mode in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows 10 introduces a new Energy Saver mode power option to help conserve the battery when the battery level reaches a specified...