Windows 10: Enforce a cumulative time quota available for Windows 10 usage

Discus and support Enforce a cumulative time quota available for Windows 10 usage in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I want to put a cumulative quota of usage, so that any given week I have a total of 10:30hs at my disposal to use the computer. My wish is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by remol, Apr 1, 2021.

1. remol Win User

Enforce a cumulative time quota available for Windows 10 usage

Hi everyone, I want to put a cumulative quota of usage, so that any given week I have a total of 10:30hs at my disposal to use the computer.
    My wish is to use 90 minutes a day, but in a flexible way, never exceeding during the week the total maximum cumulative quote of 10 hours and 30 minutes.
    I have already used time restrictions for PC usage according to this thread, which works great to put daily time limits. And yet, it's not exactly what I'm looking for.
    A great thing to know as well is how to remove the restrictions if one wants to.
    Any ideas are appreciated.
    I'm running Windows 10 version 2004, (Build 17618,1000)
    Cheers!

:)

remol, Apr 1, 2021
  2. Tryx3 Win User

Where is the ability to set data usage quotas?

In Making it Easier to Upgrade to Windows 10 [Making it Easier to Upgrade to Windows 10],
    Terry Myerson [Executive Vice President, Windows and Devices Group] stated that

"Windows 10 contains a number of features for those on metered connections, including monitoring data usage by application and setting data usage quotas"

I have been crawling all over Settings, Control panel & Windows 10 online Help and I cannot find anywhere to set data usage quotas [by application or otherwise].

Where is this setting?

Tryx3, Apr 1, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 - File Folder Quota Set - Is it possible?

Hi, please ask him for the exact text of the message- you can then research it properly.

See these - but these refer to a drive, not a folder:
    How to use Windows 10 disk Quota to limit user storage | Windows Central
    Enable or Disable to Enforce Disk Quota Limits in Windows | Windows 10 Tutorials
    https://www.digitalcitizen.life/simple-questions-what-are-disk-quotas-how-set-them-windows

On another note, please encourage him to save personal data on another disk or partition- and in particular not on his desktop.

Things can go wrong on the 6 monthly upgrades, when people lose their desktop content being allocated temporary profiles.

And of course, back up. Disks fail. Bad things happen.

dalchina, Apr 1, 2021
  4. Tryx3 Win User

Where is the ability to set data usage quotas?

Has anybody discovered a mechanism for setting data usage quotas?

Tryx3, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Enforce a cumulative time quota available for Windows 10 usage - Similar Threads - Enforce cumulative quota

2. Server storage quota has been exceeded. What is my quota?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Server storage quota has been exceeded. What is my quota?: I'm seeing this message on a lot of my Word documents. Apparently it happens for files that are stored in a folder that is rooted in OneDrive, which makes the file shareable between my PC and my Microsoft Surface Book. In fact, there are very few Word file that I need to...
  3. Family Safety time limit not enforced

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety time limit not enforced: Hi,we are using the Family Safety on Windows 11; for a couple of monthes it did work properly; nowt the child account linked to the app is not obeying time limits when they are used up.For example, yesterday the limit was where he could only use the Computer until 21.00pm ;...
  4. Family Safety time limit not enforced

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety time limit not enforced: Hi,we are using the Family Safety on Windows 11; for a couple of monthes it did work properly; nowt the child account linked to the app is not obeying time limits when they are used up.For example, yesterday the limit was where he could only use the Computer until 21.00pm ;...
  5. Rename File error 0x80070718, Not enough Quota is available to process this command

in Windows 10 News
    Rename File error 0x80070718, Not enough Quota is available to process this command: [ATTACH]If you’re encountering the Not enough Quota is available to process this command error […] This article Rename File error 0x80070718, Not enough Quota is available to process this command first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. TLS version enforcement capabilities available on Windows Server 2019

in Windows 10 News
    TLS version enforcement capabilities available on Windows Server 2019: At Microsoft, we often develop new security features to meet the specific needs of our own products and online services. This is a story about how we solved a very important problem and are sharing the solution with customers. As engineers worldwide work to eliminate their...
  7. Not Enough Quota

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Not Enough Quota: This device cannot start. (Code 10) {Not Enough Quota} Not enough virtual memory or paging file quota is available to complete the specified operation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-enough-quota/3f2b1fab-2370-4d32-8821-e8c4d52070df
  8. Timing/recording Windows 10 usage

in Windows 10 Support
    Timing/recording Windows 10 usage: Hi, Please advise how I can automatically record the time my Win10 laptop is switched on and unlocked? Surely there is a way?! My goal is to better understand how much time I use the PC. I need to reduce usage! It's on a lot of the time, and only some of the time I'm active...
  9. Error 0x80070718 Not enough quota is available to process this command

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error 0x80070718 Not enough quota is available to process this command: cannot save files, get an unexpected error popup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/error-0x80070718-not-enough-quota-is-available-to/08d799ce-835e-4bf1-a1f8-4498a48ffe99
  10. Enable or Disable to Enforce Disk Quota Limits in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable to Enforce Disk Quota Limits in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable to Enforce Disk Quota Limits in Windows [img] Information file system volumes, allowing administrators to control the amount of data that each user can store on a specific NTFS volume. Administrators can optionally configure the system to log an...