Windows 10: Enforce BitLocker Removable Data Drive with Exceptions for Certain Hardware IDs

Discus and support Enforce BitLocker Removable Data Drive with Exceptions for Certain Hardware IDs in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; We are looking at moving away from McAfee DLP in favor of just using group policy based BitLocker encryption for preventing users from writing anything... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BrandonMielke, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Enforce BitLocker Removable Data Drive with Exceptions for Certain Hardware IDs

We are looking at moving away from McAfee DLP in favor of just using group policy based BitLocker encryption for preventing users from writing anything to a USB device without first encrypting it, but also allow them read access if they choose not to encrypt. The group policies I have setup right now work great for doing exactly that with thumb drives.

The problem I am having is that we use Barco ClickShare buttons in some of our conference rooms to share your screen that you need to plug in this USB which acts like a thumb drive, and run an .exe from it. This means with the way the polices are setup users would get a prompt when plugging in this device to encrypt the ClickShare button or just use read only access. The read only access works fine but eventually even with communication to end users someone will end up going through the prompt to encrypt the ClickShare button with a password then next person that tries to use will be out of luck.

I am looking for a way like we currently have setup with McAfee DLP to exclude these devices by a hardware id or some other common factor so users are not prompted to encrypt these ClickShare buttons.

:)

BrandonMielke, Feb 28, 2020
  2. BGN_1975 Win User

Fixed Drive Detected as Removable in Bitlocker

My system has 2 data drives in addition to the boot drive which is SSD. While windows detects both drives as fixed drives Bitlocker reports one of the drives as removable and so I cannot set it to auto-unlock. Any suggestions on how to change this behavior
    and make Bitlocker report correctly?

BGN_1975, Feb 28, 2020
  3. Activate Bitlocker for data drive partition

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

BitLocker
    Drive Encryption is one of the best security tools of Windows operating system. This feature of
    Windows 10 safeguards your stored data in fixed or removable drives of your storage system. When you turn on
    BitLocker it saves data on any drive and encrypt it automatically. When you encrypt drive, it
    protects everything with passwords on that drive whether it is file or document. In today’s
    Windows 10 tutorial, we will take you through Encrypt Drive Partition using Bitlocker process with
    BitLocker which will support your system in protecting its data.

Get Into BitLocker Drive Encryption Window in Windows 10

To Encrypt Drive Partition using Bitlocker you need to access BitLocker Encryption Window First. For this,

• Open Cortana Search.
    • Type BitLocker in the search field.
    • And in the search results select Manage BitLocker option.
    • BitLocker
      Drive Encryption window pops up on your screen.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 28, 2020
  4. Paola Gar Win User

Enforce BitLocker Removable Data Drive with Exceptions for Certain Hardware IDs

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Feb 28, 2020
Thema:

Enforce BitLocker Removable Data Drive with Exceptions for Certain Hardware IDs

1. Enforce BitLocker Removable Data Drive with Exceptions for Certain Hardware IDs - Similar Threads - Enforce BitLocker Removable

2. Bitlocker ID Removal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker ID Removal: My 84-year old aunt has been a victim of scammers who installed a bitlocker ID on her machine, removing her access to her files. How can that be removed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-id-removal/1e5176b2-fb1c-4c15-a308-c9fc05e2c4d8
  3. Bitlocker ID Removal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker ID Removal: My 84-year old aunt has been a victim of scammers who installed a bitlocker ID on her machine, removing her access to her files. How can that be removed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-id-removal/1e5176b2-fb1c-4c15-a308-c9fc05e2c4d8
  4. Reset drive while enforcing bitlocker encryption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset drive while enforcing bitlocker encryption: Dear all,I have had a brand new laptop which is bitlocker encrypted "device mode" as most windows users I guess. I want to return the laptop within the 2 weeks return policy as it does not fully match my needs. This laptop contains professional files though which I do not...
  5. Reset drive while enforcing bitlocker encryption

Reset drive while enforcing bitlocker encryption: Dear all,I have had a brand new laptop which is bitlocker encrypted "device mode" as most windows users I guess. I want to return the laptop within the 2 weeks return policy as it does not fully match my needs. This laptop contains professional files though which I do not...
  6. Bitlocker hardware encrypted data drive not unlocked on hibernation wake up

Bitlocker hardware encrypted data drive not unlocked on hibernation wake up: Hello, I've enabled bitlocker hardware-encryption for a volume on a secondary drive. Now, whenever my laptop wakes up from hibernation, the locked volume on the secondary drive isn't unlocked and becomes impossible to unlock. Issuing manage-bde commands manually reports...
  7. Bitlocker data drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker data drive: when i reinstalled windows 10 license, my 2 data drives D, E got bitlocker. i don't find 48 digit key in microsoft account. Can you help me with this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-data-drive/5a37edf3-82bd-4652-906c-6595b74731f7
  8. Bitlocker data drive

Bitlocker data drive: when i reinstalled windows 10 license, my 2 data drives D, E got bitlocker. i don't find 48 digit key in microsoft account. Can you help me with this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-data-drive/5a37edf3-82bd-4652-906c-6595b74731f7
  9. Bitlocker data drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Turn On or Off BitLocker for Removable Data Drives in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off BitLocker for Removable Data Drives in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off BitLocker for Removable Data Drives in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off BitLocker for Removable Data Drives in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use BitLocker Drive Encryption to help protect your files on an entire drive. BitLocker can help...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clickshare bitlocker to go

2. bitlocker policy exempt clickshare

3. bitlocker exception for certain usb drives

4. exceptions for bitlocker