Windows 10: Engine Version (understanding)

Discus and support Engine Version (understanding) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi Team, Have a quick question across Engine Versions sub-parts mapping in Windows defender . When we say the version is - 1.1.15100.1. Can you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Prachi12, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Prachi12 Win User

Engine Version (understanding)

Hi Team,

Have a quick question across Engine Versions sub-parts mapping in Windows defender . When we say the version is - 1.1.15100.1. Can you help me understand what does 15100 denote here. How can I extract the month , date , year and other specific components that ca help me classify the versions according to month , year or any specific component.

Thanks

Prachi

:)

Prachi12, Mar 5, 2019

2. changing default search engine to google from Bing in IE Edge

To change the default search engine on Windows Edge.

Step One: Open Microsoft Edge

Step Two: type in the search engine into the browser address such as (www.google.com)

Step Three: Click on the three dots top right below the x (close button)

Step Four: Click on settings

Step Five: Scroll and click on Advance Settings

Step Six: Scroll to Search in the address bar with click within the box

Step Seven: Click on Add NEw

Step Eight: Your search engine should be listed Click on it

Final Step: select your choice of:

Add as default

Add

Rico Novice, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Cecil_IL Win User
    changing default search engine to google from Bing in IE Edge

To change the default search engine on Windows Edge.

Step One: Open Microsoft Edge

Step Two: type in the search engine into the browser address such as (www.google.com)

Step Three: Click on the three dots top right below the x (close button)

Step Four: Click on settings

Step Five: Scroll and click on Advance Settings

Step Six: Scroll to Search in the address bar with click within the box

Step Seven: Click on Add NEw

Step Eight: Your search engine should be listed Click on it

Final Step: select your choice of:

Add as default

Add

Tried this 26 Nov 2015 to make Google.com my search engine and received report "Couldn't add this provider"

Cecil_IL, Mar 5, 2019
  4. LCRT Win User

search engine

windows xp advice for a windows 10 query. with registry fiddling. great advice.

anyway, the answer is very simple:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-the-default-search-engine-in-microsoft-edge

"

When you enter something in the address bar in Microsoft Edge, you’ll see results from Bing. Microsoft recommends Bing for the best performance with Windows 10. Bing gives instant help for Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge (just like this). And Bing links search
    results with some Windows 10 apps. But Microsoft Edge uses OpenSearch technology, so you can change the default search engine. Here’s how:

• Enter the search engine’s website and browse to it.

• Select More actions (...) > Settings and then scroll down to select View
      advanced settings. In the list under Search in the address bar with, choose Add new.

• Select the website and then select Add as default.

• Note: Only search providers that support the OpenSearch standard will appear in this list. If they don’t support it yet,here's how
        they can."

LCRT, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Engine Version (understanding) - Similar Threads - Engine Version understanding

2. I'm engineer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm engineer: I'm engineer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-engineer/c67d9a02-37db-4d72-9c24-d31e05839477
  3. Understanding partitions

in Windows 10 Support
    Understanding partitions: The following image is from Macrium Reflect showing my boot drive. This is a 237 GB SSD. I don't quite follow how (or why) there's 4 partitions, one of which is grayed out showing as 455 MB and another 521MB showing as red, suggesting it's near full. Thanks for any advice....
  4. search engine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    search engine: google search was replaced by yahoo search, how to restore google search? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-engine/3b31887b-e6d9-4320-9337-54dae9602e63
  5. Query on Defender versioning Details for Defender Security Update version or Engine Version

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Query on Defender versioning Details for Defender Security Update version or Engine Version: Hi, Myself Aniket, I have started working recently on MS Defender. I would like to understand how the Security Update Version or Engine Versiondoes the versioning gets a name? AMProductVersion - 4.18.2003.8 EngineVersion - 1.1.16900.4 AVSignatureBaseVersion -...
  6. Trying to understand KB, version and build numbers and release dates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to understand KB, version and build numbers and release dates: In August, my x86 Windows 10 Pro computer had Cumulative Update KB4512941 successfully installed three times, on 26, 28 and 29 August. According to the Windows Update history page, this update to build 18362.329 was first released on 30 August, so did I get three pre-release...
  7. How to find the version of the Microsoft Malware Protection Engine

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to find the version of the Microsoft Malware Protection Engine: We used to be able to see the versions of the important WD files in the Security Centre. In Windows 10 1809, build 17763.316, I can't find them anywhere. It's probably too much to expect that the ubiquitous file MsMpEng.exe is the Microsoft Malware Protection Engine,...
  8. search engines

in Browsers and Email
    search engines: Here lately, search engines are not doing what they are designed to do. AS an example ,if I type in something like, “how to clean old furniture’ instead of taking me to links that gives information I want, they take me to links for other search engines that will do the same...
  9. Understanding the OneDrive Engineering Process

in Windows 10 News
    Understanding the OneDrive Engineering Process: Today we take a deep dive into what drives the engineering process. How we balance evolutionary features with truly revolutionary ones and how sometimes a cool kitchen gadget can lead to great engineering and design ideas in OneDrive. Join us and learn how Omar Shahine –...
  10. Understanding versions in an evergreen browser

in Windows 10 News
    Understanding versions in an evergreen browser: The most recent Windows Insider Preview release (build 10547) contains a new set of features now available for Insiders to test – we encourage you to check out our Microsoft Edge changelog to see what’s new and try out the build for yourself via the Insider Program. Since...