Windows 10: England English/American English keyboard

Discus and support England English/American English keyboard in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; why won't my keyboard stay on England English, every time I switch on the PC, the keyboard is American English, and I have to change it each time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cathie R, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Cathie R Win User

England English/American English keyboard

why won't my keyboard stay on England English, every time I switch on the PC, the keyboard is American English, and I have to change it each time

:)

Cathie R, Oct 17, 2018

2. Difference in English, English International & MCT's Windows 10 ISO files

It's simple, Microsoft still cant bring themselves to accept the fact that american english is not actually english, because english originated in england in the united kingdom. so true english is probably the international version and english is probably
    the american version. its a widely know fact that when british people first installed windows xp on their machines they were faced with the following language choices:

English

English(British)

Its stupid.........but we in the uk find it funny, just like the UTC which is actually just GMT version 2.0, I guess Microsoft is just trying to be more politically correct without admitting they are wrong.

EvanAnderson123, Oct 18, 2018
  3. Difference in English, English International & MCT's Windows 10 ISO files

In South Africa we speak UK English. The major difference being in the spelling of words such as colour, the format of words containing re such as metre and centre and words containing se such as realise. American English would spell these words color, meter,
    center and realize.

So my guess would be the major difference between English (American English) and English International (UK English) would be the dictionary used by the spell checker.

Both versions would enable you to install Windows 10 and afterwards you can select a localised display and keyboard language to customise it to your liking.

PJWilson1960, Oct 18, 2018
  4. EdwinFine Win User

Difference in English, English International & MCT's Windows 10 ISO files

I don't agree that North American English is not English. It's one of the
    two major dialects of English
    in the world, the other, of course, being British English. My understanding is that the English spoken by Americans today has diverged less from the language that was spoken in England in the 1600's, when Britons starting colonizing
    North America, than British English has.

I don't think it's unreasonable for Microsoft to distinguish between the two, and it's understandable, given anti-American (and probably anti-Microsoft) sentiment in parts of the world, that they might not want to make the choice between "North American English"
    and "British English".

On top of that, there's also the English spoken in countries like Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, India, and many others. None of these are either British or American English. So I suppose that the choices were between the two major dialects plus the
    dialects of the rest of the world.

Nobody would argue that American English is "International English", so what was left? I think it's quite a difficult choice, really, without offending someone, somewhere, so I think they tried to offend the least number of people.

That being said, the choice between "English" and "International English" was confusing enough to make me search the Web England English/American English keyboard :)

EdwinFine, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

1. England English/American English keyboard - Similar Threads - England English American

2. Hangul/English Toggle on keyboard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hangul/English Toggle on keyboard.: I have the Korean IME installed, and completely know how to use the keyboard. Is there a shortcut to toggle between keyboards though? Because clicking the A side of the toggle is always not the best way for me, when I'm typing something long, it would be much easier if I...
  3. Windows Keyboard Layout - Not Letting Me Remove American English

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Keyboard Layout - Not Letting Me Remove American English: Windows Specifications From: System -> AboutEdition:Windows 11 ProVersion:21H2Installed on:11/‎19/‎2021OS build:22000.376Experience:Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.376.0Problem Description:Windows won't let me remove American English keyboard profile, while display...
  4. Windows Keyboard Layout - Not Letting Me Remove American English

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Keyboard Layout - Not Letting Me Remove American English: Windows Specifications From: System -> AboutEdition:Windows 11 ProVersion:21H2Installed on:11/‎19/‎2021OS build:22000.376Experience:Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.376.0Problem Description:Windows won't let me remove American English keyboard profile, while display...
  5. Lernout & Hauspie TruVoice American English TTS Engine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lernout & Hauspie TruVoice American English TTS Engine: Recently I tried to uninstall this thing from my PC but then there were some errors occurred: 1. Error unregistering the OCX C:\WINDOWS\lhsp\tv\tv_enua.dll 2. Error unregistering the OCX C:\WINDOWS\lhsp\tv\tvenuax.dll Then it said "Lernout & Hauspie TruVoice American...
  6. How to change language and competitions from American English to British English

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change language and competitions from American English to British English: Can language be changed from American English to British English especially for Daily Challenges https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-language-and-competitions-from/2e8bf3a9-04ce-4cd1-8692-bee9f2ee9674
  7. Korean English keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Korean English keyboard: If there is anyone who faced the same issues as me, please give me an advice. When you compare the English keyboard and Korean & English keyboard, the key layout and locations are exactly the same as each other except for the backslash \ key, which is located at the top...
  8. Multiple English keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple English keyboard: Hi, I have on my Win10 (OS Build 18362.418) 3 languages: Hebrew, English (US) and English (UK). I don't need the last one and I don't understand why do I have it. Any suggestions? Here an image of my language settings: [img] Thank you 144612
  9. English International Keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    English International Keyboard: I had this in Windows 7 but do not find it in Windows 10. I tried the Spanish keyboard however it does not work. I have checked my settings agains the instructions and still it does not work. Can you please help me_ I just purchased Windows 10....
  10. US keyboard + UK English

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    US keyboard + UK English: Is it possible to setup Windows so that it recognises that I have an ANSI layout, but that spell checking and such is in British English? 29942