Windows 10: English Canada defaults to English UK

Discus and support English Canada defaults to English UK in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently installed windows 10 in my machine and one of the first things I did was to change my display language to English Canada. I immediately... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Stall90, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Stall90 Win User

English Canada defaults to English UK

I recently installed windows 10 in my machine and one of the first things I did was to change my display language to English Canada.

I immediately noticed all the websites I tried to access since then would default me automatically to United Kingdom and English UK.

After messing around in the Language settings, I found out that in my Administrative Language Settings, when I click to copy the settings to the Logon Screen and new user accounts, it does say that my display language is actually English United Kingdom.

Could this be a bug on a recent build?

Is there any workaround to make my display language be actually English Canada?

English Canada defaults to English UK 19e449c6-2b03-4964-87e3-cae1f64630d7?upload=true.png

English Canada defaults to English UK ba6ff939-0ee5-4fd8-bc50-00c5091619e1?upload=true.png \

Thanks

:)

Stall90, Oct 31, 2020

2. Cannot download English (Canada) speech package in Windows 10

A fix was released as part of KB3081424, Cumulative Update for Windows 10: August 5, 2015, for a problem Cortana was experiencing when installing language packs. Please make sure you've installed the latest Windows Updates before trying these steps.

1. Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open settings menu
    2. Click on Time and language and select region and language.
    3. Under Language option, check which language is Set as default.
    4. If you find different language, you can change it by clicking on Add a language option.
    5. Select your preferred language (English Canada) and click on Set as default under English UK language.
    6. Now, click on English Canada and click on Options.
    7. Download the language, handwriting and speech packs.
    8. Now, click on Speech from the Time and language settings menu.
    9. Check if you are able to select the speech settings to English Canada.
    10. After performing above steps, check if you are able to use Cortana.

user534395, Oct 31, 2020
  3. Is there language pack for English(Canada)?

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow these steps to add English (Canada) language from control panel.

• Type language in the search bar on desktop of Windows 10, then click on
      Add a language tab in the language Window.

• Click on English tab in the
      Add a language
      Window, then double click on English (Canada) to add to
      change your language preferences in the language Window under
      Control panel.
    Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the updated information, in order to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Oct 31, 2020
  4. English Canada defaults to English UK

English (UK) as default but it questions the UK spelling

I have installed Word 2010 on my other laptop computer and made the language English (UK) the default but it questions UK spelling such as labour, neighbour and suggest labor and neighbor .

How can I correct this?

William GeorgeDunbar, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

English Canada defaults to English UK

1. English Canada defaults to English UK - Similar Threads - English Canada defaults

2. Windows displaying English Canada and not English USA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows displaying English Canada and not English USA: Hi,I noticed when setting a wallpaper today it listed the options as "centre" and "colour". I only have English United States downloaded and only have English US for keyboard. Why would it be displaying like this? My region is set to Canada as I live here - I just prefer...
  3. Windows displaying English Canada and not English USA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows displaying English Canada and not English USA: Hi,I noticed when setting a wallpaper today it listed the options as "centre" and "colour". I only have English United States downloaded and only have English US for keyboard. Why would it be displaying like this? My region is set to Canada as I live here - I just prefer...
  4. how to stop the keyboard to defaulting to English canada

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to stop the keyboard to defaulting to English canada: So I want to use either English US or French Canada only.. But the stupid system keeps defaulting to English Canada even though it`s not even in the preferred Languages. It`s getting super frustrating....
  5. English UK.

English UK.: I keep getting: English USA when I select: 'Language,' even though I make it default English UK in the language box. It jumps back to: USA continuously. WhY? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/english-uk/5833a679-f4cd-483a-8750-82e703be2b84
  6. English UK as default but it questions the UK spelling

English UK as default but it questions the UK spelling: I have installed Word 2010 on my other laptop computer and made the language English UK the default but it questions UK spelling such as labour, neighbour and suggest labor and neighbor . How can I correct this?...
  7. Cortana: Unavailable in English (UK)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana: Unavailable in English (UK): Recently updated to the 2004 build, now whenever launching Cortana it tells me it's unavailable in English UK. I've tried resetting, updating app and setting all language packs to UK, but still get the same issue. It worked perfectly prior to this update. Any ideas? thanks...
  8. English (Canada)

English (Canada): Yes Microsoft, you got it right. You say the problem is at your end, and it is indeed. Now, how can I retry? Version 1909. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/english-canada/4510e292-4fc7-430c-9625-ef78d7344cf0
  9. Default short date format change for English (Canada)

in Windows 10 News
    Default short date format change for English (Canada): Beginning with Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8, the default short date format for English (Canada) was changed from dd/MM/yyyy to yyyy-MM-dd. Microsoft is not planning to revert this change as yyyy-MM-dd is the recommended date format by The Government of Canada. However,...
  10. US keyboard + UK English

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    US keyboard + UK English: Is it possible to setup Windows so that it recognises that I have an ANSI layout, but that spell checking and such is in British English? 29942