Windows 10: English.INI File

Discus and support English.INI File in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Error stating missing English.INI File in Windows. How to fix?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by paulayoke, Jul 31, 2021.

1. paulayoke Win User

English.INI File

Error stating missing English.INI File in Windows. How to fix?

:)

paulayoke, Jul 31, 2021
  2. nuva Win User

Snippet C#: INI Files

This code is great, i'm going to use this in one of my programmes *Big Grin English.INI File :D

is it possible to make a list of all sections in the ini files?

3. Snippet C#: INI Files

GetSections() will return a string[] of section names. If you want the values too, just do a for or for loop to enumerate them. For example:

Code: foreach (string section in ini.GetSections()) { Console.WriteLine("[" + section + "]"); foreach (string key in ini[section].GetKeys()) Console.WriteLine(key + "=" + ini[section][key]); Console.WriteLine(); }[/quote]

FordGT90Concept, Jul 31, 2021
  4. English.INI File

Windows Defender and .ini files

We ae using Windows 10 and Windows Defender antivirus.

When our program saves information to an .ini file - it can take a very long time. It takes more than 4 times longer with Windows Defender than with other anti-virus programs (ex AVG, Avast). If we exclude the .ini file from Windows Defender - it also is
    OK. BUT if this .ini file is included in the antivirus to be checked a certain part of this file (We have narrowed down the section) can take 4 times longer to save to the .ini with Windows Defender only.

What could be the cause of this? What kind of .ini action would cause this? No other antivirus causes this to happen.

Any suggestions - other than excluding this file from Windows Defender?

Shimon

shimon fessel, Jul 31, 2021
Thema:

English.INI File

1. English.INI File - Similar Threads - English INI File

2. Windows Defender and .ini files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender and .ini files: We ae using Windows 10 and Windows Defender antivirus. When our program saves information to an .ini file - it can take a very long time. It takes more than 4 times longer with Windows Defender than with other anti-virus programs ex AVG, Avast. If we exclude the .ini file...
  3. Script to add the contents clipboard on a particular line of ini file

in Windows 10 Support
    Script to add the contents clipboard on a particular line of ini file: I have O&O Registry Editor. It uses an ini file, to remember the last opened registry key. I would like to have a script that would copy the contents of the clipboard to the line called: LastAddress= I've researched modifying ini files, but don't know the way to copy &...
  4. Desktop INI and Autorun

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop INI and Autorun: So... I have multiple external hdds. I have autoruns on them to generate Labels and Icons. That is working properly. I have multiple sub folders on those hdds. I need 2 different types of Desktop INIs that I cannot seem to get working. **NOT Working** I need the parent on...
  5. Does open on a .ini file just open the file in Notepad in Windows 10 1903?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does open on a .ini file just open the file in Notepad in Windows 10 1903?: Does open on a .ini (configuration setting) file just open (not run) the file in Notepad in Windows 10 1903? Right-clicking shows open and edit on .ini....
  6. program can't modify an INI file in subfolder of Program Files (x86)

in Windows 10 Support
    program can't modify an INI file in subfolder of Program Files (x86): I have this small utility that has to be hand-installed, so I created a Utilities folder in Program Files (x86) and copied the program files into that folder. Everything works as expected, except that the program can't modify its INI file, which is in that same Utilities...
  7. File Explorer and ini, ico and lnk files on NAS device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer and ini, ico and lnk files on NAS device: Hi. We have a QNAP NAS device on our network that logs all activity. Our Windows pc's access the folders and files on the NAS via File Explorer. When a pc accesses a folder on the NAS, the log indicated that that pc has READ all the ini (and ico and lnk) files of all the...
  8. Modify INI files in Ark WInows store folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modify INI files in Ark WInows store folder.: I am trying to edit the Ini files for Ark survival evolved. I am trying to make the in game non-dedicated server player distance larger as it is currently prohibitively small . Unfortunately I don't have permissions to edit these files. (I am admin) and it is causing me...
  9. what is a .ini icon?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what is a .ini icon?: I have these ghostly looking .ini icons on my screen, which are connected to other documents - what are they and can I get rid of them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/what-is-a-ini-icon/11adb71a-4cd6-4a41-b307-0788047abf35
  10. "Access Denied" in Notepad when trying to overwrite an .ini file.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    "Access Denied" in Notepad when trying to overwrite an .ini file.: hello new to PCs in general. Wanted to change some setting in order to get a game running (at the end of video)- Prince Of Persia 2008 : How To Set Resolution And Fix The Loading Problem - YouTube but when going into /C drive where the game is placed and do the change to...