Windows 10: English pound key

Discus and support English pound key in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My American laptop used in the uk has a dollar key which remains as dollar even after changing language to UK English Is it possible to amend this to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kernow Kate, Dec 19, 2019.

1. English pound key

My American laptop used in the uk has a dollar key which remains as dollar even after changing language to UK English

Is it possible to amend this to an English pound symbol does anyone know please?

:)

Kernow Kate, Dec 19, 2019
  2. r bullock Win User

Lost Pound Sterling Key on Keyboard

I have a DELL keyboard and have always been able to get the English Pound Sterling icon key. This is shown on my keyboard. However, since updating to Windows 10, this has disappeared and there is no way of obtaining it when typing. How do I retrieve this
    key ??

r bullock, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Lost Pound Sterling Key on Keyboard

If you add a secondary language to Windows 10 version 1803 that shares the same base language as the Windows display language, neither language can be removed.

For example: If English (United Kingdom) is the current Windows display language, and you then add English (India) to the Preferred languages list, afterwards neither English (United Kingdom) nor English (India) can be removed from the Preferred languages list.

Note: The most notable effect of having multiple related languages in the Preferred languages list is additional entries in the text input selector. You can remove unwanted language list entries using these steps:

1. From the Start menu, search for powershell.

2. Right-click Windows Powershell in the search results and choose Run as administrator.

3. Type or copy/paste the following command at the command prompt, and then press Enter.

Get-WinUserLanguageList

After typing this command, make note of the “LanguageTag” listed for the language you wish to remove, as you will need it in the next step.

4. Type or copy/paste each of the following commands at the command prompt, and then press Enter. In the following commands, instead of typing <languagecode>, replace it with the language tag you wish to remove, such as en-in for English (India).

$LangList = Get-WinUserLanguageList

$MarkedLang = $LangList | where LanguageTag -eq "<languagecode>"

$LangList.Remove($MarkedLang)

Set-WinUserLanguageList $LangList -Force

Andre for Directly, Dec 19, 2019
  4. TokyoMike Win User

English pound key

Switching Japanese Windows with English menus

Yes, I do mean those keys. I tried just switching to Japanese keyboard, as you suggested, but those keys didn't work. Also, the selection key is normally the spacebar in Japan but I could only get IME to work with the Tab key (for those who aren't familiar with Japanese typing: you type in Roman characters, then press a selection key and it steps you through a list of options for the word you are typing in Japanese characters). Did you get the special keys to work as they do in native Japanese mode?

It may well be that I was missing something, although I did try every option I could think of. In any event, as I said, I gave in and now have Japanese Windows running with English menus and everything seems to be working perfectly.
    Thanks,

Mike

TokyoMike, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

English pound key

1. English pound key - Similar Threads - English pound key

2. Keyboard layout issue. The " and @ are on the wrong keys and I have no pound sign.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard layout issue. The " and @ are on the wrong keys and I have no pound sign.: The " and @ are on the wrong keys and I have no pound sign. Where there is a pound sign on my keyboard above the number 3, it'll input a #.I've tried messing around with the settings under Language and Region, but nothing seems to work. What's weirder is that I only started...
  3. Keyboard layout issue. The " and @ are on the wrong keys and I have no pound sign.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard layout issue. The " and @ are on the wrong keys and I have no pound sign.: The " and @ are on the wrong keys and I have no pound sign. Where there is a pound sign on my keyboard above the number 3, it'll input a #.I've tried messing around with the settings under Language and Region, but nothing seems to work. What's weirder is that I only started...
  4. Can't get UK pound symbol on MX Keys keyboard Windows 10

Can't get UK pound symbol on MX Keys keyboard Windows 10: I can't get the UK pound symbol £ on my Logitech MX Keys keyboard on Windows 10. If I press Shift-3 I get # I'm running Windows 10 2H22.In Windows settings:- Country or Region is set to: UK- Regional format is set to: English United Kingdom.How can I get the UK pound sign...
  5. Pounds sterling key now #

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pounds sterling key now #: After an update everything disappeared - desktop, wallpaper, the lot as well as the pounds sterling key becoming the #. After several phone calls with Microsoft, Windows 10 was reinstalled. However, while documents, etc are back the pounds sterling key remains the #. What, if...
  6. Pounds sterling key now #

Pounds sterling key now #: After an update everything disappeared - desktop, wallpaper, the lot as well as the pounds sterling key becoming the #. After several phone calls with Microsoft, Windows 10 was reinstalled. However, while documents, etc are back the pounds sterling key remains the #. What, if...
  7. key board change # for SHIFT3 instead of UK pound sign

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    key board change # for SHIFT3 instead of UK pound sign: why has it suddenly become impossible to write a pound sign https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/key-board-change-for-shift3-instead-of-uk-pound/a6365037-a664-4769-9d70-523350602dba
  8. Pound Symbol

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pound Symbol: Is there any way to add a Pound symbol to the keyboard? I bought my HP Pavilion in the M.E.. It uses a dollar symbol, even though I have the keyboard set to UK English.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pound-symbol/c8d0f49f-c6a8-4499-830a-9cfb0bbbb6b9
  9. pound sterling symbol?

pound sterling symbol?: I only have $ on my keyboard, how can I change this to pound sterling? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pound-sterling-symbol/8e56be32-a94d-4a28-9476-65d9483ac10d
  10. Pound sign

Pound sign: I have lost my pound sign for some reason? I now get # instead. Help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/pound-sign/7038fca8-8702-492f-a7d3-61d19121531e