Windows 10: English UK as default but it questions the UK spelling

Discus and support English UK as default but it questions the UK spelling in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have installed Word 2010 on my other laptop computer and made the language English UK the default but it questions UK spelling such as labour,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by William GeorgeDunbar, Sep 25, 2020.

1. English UK as default but it questions the UK spelling

I have installed Word 2010 on my other laptop computer and made the language English UK the default but it questions UK spelling such as labour, neighbour and suggest labor and neighbor .

How can I correct this?

:)

William GeorgeDunbar, Sep 25, 2020

2. UK English Option presents me with American Spellings

I've set my language to English (UK) but the system still has US Spellings (Although the Proofing accepts only UK spellings). It's just SO annoying!

WHAT IS THE POINT OF SETTING MY LANGUAGE TO ENGLISH UK IF THE MICROSOFT APPLICATIONS CONTINUE TO SPELL THE AMERICAN WAY?

Student678, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Language settings set UK but spell check uses US

Win 10 Home. ver 1909 build 18363.476

I have language settings set to default English UK in the language section of settings - time and language.

However when I type an email in Gmail it spell checks to US language e.g. colour suggests color.

Is there another setting somewhere I have missed?

carrotmuseum, Sep 25, 2020
  4. English UK as default but it questions the UK spelling

UK English Option presents me with American Spellings

I've installed the English UK/Australia Language packs and

NOW I HAVE UK SPELLINGS!

I just had to install the language packs!

Student678, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

English UK as default but it questions the UK spelling

1. English UK as default but it questions the UK spelling - Similar Threads - English default questions

2. How to remove UK English Keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove UK English Keyboard?: Greetings to allOn the language preferences in Settings I have a couple of options setup that I mostly use see image.But the language list that I see when I click on the top right corner is slightly different. It has two UK English options which I don't need, don't use and...
  3. How to remove UK English Keyboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove UK English Keyboard?: Greetings to allOn the language preferences in Settings I have a couple of options setup that I mostly use see image.But the language list that I see when I click on the top right corner is slightly different. It has two UK English options which I don't need, don't use and...
  4. How to remove English UK keyboard?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove English UK keyboard?: I have only three language inputs selected in settings: Japanese, Lithuanian and English US. However, for some reason in that quick switch language tab there is English UK keyboard. It all would be fine if not that " and @ signs are mixed and this is quite annoying. Can...
  5. English UK.

English UK.: I keep getting: English USA when I select: 'Language,' even though I make it default English UK in the language box. It jumps back to: USA continuously. WhY? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/english-uk/5833a679-f4cd-483a-8750-82e703be2b84
  6. English Canada defaults to English UK

English Canada defaults to English UK: I recently installed windows 10 in my machine and one of the first things I did was to change my display language to English Canada. I immediately noticed all the websites I tried to access since then would default me automatically to United Kingdom and English UK. After...
  7. Keyboard defaults to English UK even though everything else US

Keyboard defaults to English UK even though everything else US: Any idea why Keyboard defaults to English UK even though everything else US e.g. country or region = US, current regional format = English US, Windows display = US Apps + websites = US Preferred languages = English US There doesn't appear to be any way to switch...
  8. Cortana: Unavailable in English (UK)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana: Unavailable in English (UK): Recently updated to the 2004 build, now whenever launching Cortana it tells me it's unavailable in English UK. I've tried resetting, updating app and setting all language packs to UK, but still get the same issue. It worked perfectly prior to this update. Any ideas? thanks...
  9. Can't remove UK English language

Can't remove UK English language: I'm used to the US English keyboard, but when I try to remove the UK English it stays in the languages. How can I fix it? PowerShell doesn't find UK English [ATTACH]...
  10. US keyboard + UK English

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    US keyboard + UK English: Is it possible to setup Windows so that it recognises that I have an ANSI layout, but that spell checking and such is in British English? 29942