Windows 10: English (US) keyboard keeps adding itself

Discus and support English (US) keyboard keeps adding itself in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; About maybe once a week this English (United States) keyboard adds itself and as I don't need it I have to delete it every time. Is there a way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RustemIsTaken, Jul 12, 2019.

1. English (US) keyboard keeps adding itself

About maybe once a week this English (United States) keyboard adds itself and as I don't need it I have to delete it every time.

Is there a way to prevent it from appearing?

And if it's intended behavior, well, it's really inconvenient.

Language of Windows 10 is set to Japanese.

The first is a Google Japanese IME, second is Russian and the third is the bane of my existence.

English (US) keyboard keeps adding itself e71f91e3-181b-440a-9f1f-ddf7b823abb7?upload=true.png

:)

RustemIsTaken, Jul 12, 2019
  2. Vilis16 Win User

English (UK) keeps coming back to my keyboard

I'd set Greek and Japanese as the only languages in my keyboard because Japanese has built-in English typing as well, then set Greek as my default language. After the latest update, the English (UK) language keeps popping up in my keyboard languages and
    doesn't show up in the list for me to remove it. I can temporarily remove it by adding the language myself, then removing it from the list, but it shows up again the next time I start Windows.

Vilis16, Jul 12, 2019
  3. Can I keep the Windows system in English but the keyboard in a different language?

Since it didn't work, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click on Start menu.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Time & language.
    • Go to the Region & language tab.
    • Click on English (United States).
    • Click on Options.
    • Select Add a keyboard.
    • Choose Icelandic.
    • Click on US.
    • Select Remove.

The steps above will let you add a keyboard for Icelandic.

Once done, kindly check if you can now type using the language that you want.

Feel free to get back to us should you need further assistance.

Charianne Per, Jul 12, 2019
  4. MrIndeed Win User

English (US) keyboard keeps adding itself

How to remove English (United States) United Kingdom Keyboard

Hi,

No United States listed.

English (US) keyboard keeps adding itself [​IMG]

MrIndeed, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

English (US) keyboard keeps adding itself

1. English (US) keyboard keeps adding itself - Similar Threads - English keyboard keeps

2. US-ENGLISH keyboard missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    US-ENGLISH keyboard missing: After I added the Chinese simplified keyboard I can't switch back to English-US keyboard. The English-US option does not even show up in the language bar. How do I solve this issue?...
  3. US-ENGLISH keyboard missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    US-ENGLISH keyboard missing: After I added the Chinese simplified keyboard I can't switch back to English-US keyboard. The English-US option does not even show up in the language bar. How do I solve this issue?...
  4. English US keyboard keeps adding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    English US keyboard keeps adding: I have had this issue on Windows 10 and now 11. Just a quick question for Microsoft. How hard is it to fix this problem? It's been ages. I think it's pretty easy for a multi-billion company to fix an issue that is the automatically adding keyboard????Basically, the English US...
  5. English US keyboard keeps adding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    English US keyboard keeps adding: I have had this issue on Windows 10 and now 11. Just a quick question for Microsoft. How hard is it to fix this problem? It's been ages. I think it's pretty easy for a multi-billion company to fix an issue that is the automatically adding keyboard????Basically, the English US...
  6. Keyboard layout switching keeps adding US English to the list

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard layout switching keeps adding US English to the list: Okay I live in the UK but I use a German-Russian bilingual keyboard because I do. I have it all set to United Kingdom and then in the preferred languages I have it on German and Russian only because you can write in English perfectly fine with the German layout. Problem is...
  7. English US keyboard added automatically, can't remove it!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    English US keyboard added automatically, can't remove it!: I regularly use spanish, arabic and japanese keyboard. And been using them for a long time. After the last windows update the US keyboard appeared out of nowhere and it is not listed on my keyboards installed, but when I press win+space to change keyboards it appears there...
  8. (US) English keeps reinstalling by itself.

in Windows 10 Customization
    (US) English keeps reinstalling by itself.: I'm having issues permanently removing US English from my computer. I live in Canada and only want to use the Canadian English option, but no matter what I do US English returns. It's mostly the 'ENG' taskbar icon that I find annoying. Is there a way to remove the icon or US...
  9. US keyboard added randomly

in Windows 10 Customization
    US keyboard added randomly: Hi, I am running a setup of dual-language on my Windows 10 machine. I got "US English" and "Native" language added, and only "Native keyboard" on both these languages. At random intervals Windows adds US Keyboard to my setup. The US keyboard is not listed in the Language...
  10. US keyboard + UK English

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    US keyboard + UK English: Is it possible to setup Windows so that it recognises that I have an ANSI layout, but that spell checking and such is in British English? 29942