Windows 10: English US Keyboard shows up for some reason, can't remove it

Discus and support English US Keyboard shows up for some reason, can't remove it in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Basically that, here's a video where I show the bug https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx-g32h0U2c&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=PechoHundido69 I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by YoNoSoyVictor, Apr 22, 2020.

1. English US Keyboard shows up for some reason, can't remove it

YoNoSoyVictor, Apr 22, 2020
  2. MrIndeed Win User

How to remove English (United States) United Kingdom Keyboard

Hi,

No United States listed.

English US Keyboard shows up for some reason, can't remove it [​IMG]

MrIndeed, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Lekden Win User

English US Keyboard shows up for some reason, can't remove it

Can't (completely) remove language keyboard layout

Yup, no such luck. My next step will be to temporarily install another language as the system language (like English UK or something), and remove US English as the default language and the keyboard, and everything, and then reboot and install it again and see if that does anything....

But I am betting it won't. And my reason is because when I was inspired to make my own keyboard layout I downloaded one another person had made, whidch was based on English UK keyboard, and it did not work correctly for me so I uninstalled it (and have since improved, I think, upon what he had done,) and I just now realized that that keyboard, which was under English language and keyboard, is still in my list as well. When I had installed it then UK English had become one of the available languages, and I have since removed it from being active and so forht. So, basically I did to UK English what I am propsing to do for US English... and yet that old keyboard layout remains.

There has to be somewhere that Windows keeps references all the different keyboard layouts available for the different language packs installed.... The question is where is that and how to modify it?

Lekden, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

English US Keyboard shows up for some reason, can't remove it

1. English US Keyboard shows up for some reason, can't remove it - Similar Threads - English Keyboard shows

2. US-ENGLISH keyboard missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    US-ENGLISH keyboard missing: After I added the Chinese simplified keyboard I can't switch back to English-US keyboard. The English-US option does not even show up in the language bar. How do I solve this issue?...
  3. US-ENGLISH keyboard missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    US-ENGLISH keyboard missing: After I added the Chinese simplified keyboard I can't switch back to English-US keyboard. The English-US option does not even show up in the language bar. How do I solve this issue?...
  4. English US keyboard keeps adding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    English US keyboard keeps adding: I have had this issue on Windows 10 and now 11. Just a quick question for Microsoft. How hard is it to fix this problem? It's been ages. I think it's pretty easy for a multi-billion company to fix an issue that is the automatically adding keyboard????Basically, the English US...
  5. New US English keyboards installed that I can't remove

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New US English keyboards installed that I can't remove: Hey reddit, Originally I only had two keyboards installed, US (English, Australia) and Russian. Today I installed the Cyrillic Serbian keyboard and it has now also given me two new options in the language center, English (US) and English (US International). Windows does not...
  6. Is it possible to remove US keyboard from English version of Windows?

Is it possible to remove US keyboard from English version of Windows?: [ATTACH] I want to have windows in English version, but i dont want the US/English windows keyboard as a choise in the language bar. Swedish and norweigian keyboard are added so the US/English is just in the way for me? How can I remove that and still be able to switch...
  7. Unable to remove US Keyboard / English from list.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to remove US Keyboard / English from list.: Hello, I have a Surface Book 2 and lately this keyboard has been appearing for some strange reason: English US / US Keyboard. [ATTACH] My Surface Book is the Spanish variant, and I use both English and Spanish but always with the Spanish keyboard. I have gone into the...
  8. English US keyboard added automatically, can't remove it!

English US keyboard added automatically, can't remove it!: I regularly use spanish, arabic and japanese keyboard. And been using them for a long time. After the last windows update the US keyboard appeared out of nowhere and it is not listed on my keyboards installed, but when I press win+space to change keyboards it appears there...
  9. How to remove English US ST keyboard

How to remove English US ST keyboard: [ATTACH] I can't seem to find the option to remove the English Standard Keyboard. Does anyone have any advice? Under keyboard options there is nothing for me to remove....
  10. US keyboard + UK English

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    US keyboard + UK English: Is it possible to setup Windows so that it recognises that I have an ANSI layout, but that spell checking and such is in British English? 29942