Windows 10: English windows 10 but showing chinese characters in start menu

Discus and support English windows 10 but showing chinese characters in start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As title, I also found some other computer also have same issue in our domain, my laptop reinstall windows for two month and just update the 2020-04... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kelvin KO Lai, Apr 21, 2020.

1. English windows 10 but showing chinese characters in start menu

As title, I also found some other computer also have same issue in our domain, my laptop reinstall windows for two month and just update the 2020-04 Cumulative Update last Friday, and I found this problem on this Monday, no GPO change in these two week.

:)

Kelvin KO Lai, Apr 21, 2020
  2. migranule Win User

Windows 10 v1803 cannot copy paste Chinese characters

I don't know why, It's strange!!!

1. Every time I restarted my PC. Open a Notepad, input some Chinese characters with some English characters. Then, copy and paste them in Notepad, find that only English characters are copied while Chinese characters are lost. Then open the Microsoft Word
    2016, the situation is the same, copy paste will lost non-English characters.

2. I tried following step, then the Windows 10 can copy and paste Chinese characters.

• Press the 'Windows + R' keys together
    • In the 'Open' window input 'WinWord /a', and press Enter.
    Then the Microsoft Word was opened. I input some Chinese characters with some English characters, and then copy and paste them, found that Chinese characters can be copied!!! Then I closed Word, opened the Notepad again, inputted some
    Chinese characters with some English characters, found that Chinese characters also could be copied in Notepad!!!

I don't know why, It's so strange!!!

migranule, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Windows 10 programs in Chinese in the start menu but in English when opened?

Ok, so I just checked my start menu, and my Feedback Hub is displayed in Chinese in my start menu. But all the other programs are normal. I don't know if any other programs will display in Chinese in the start menu, but I would like to know why this is?
    I use an English OS with an English keyboard, and I don't have any Chinese characters on my laptop, (At least not ones I installed, I wonder if Windows installed some Chinese characters in an update?) I really don't know what's going on. But, i'm pretty sure
    it's a glitch and I wanna know how I can fix it.

EDIT: It is Chinese not Japanese. My bad.

Speed O' Sound Sonic, Apr 21, 2020
  4. English windows 10 but showing chinese characters in start menu

How to display Chinese characters in an English version of Windows PE.

I just found one in "C:\Windows\WinSxS".

English windows 10 but showing chinese characters in start menu [​IMG]

The above is for traditional Chinese characters.
    The following are for simplified Chinese characters.

English windows 10 but showing chinese characters in start menu [​IMG]

Hopefully, I will find more tomorrow.

I don't know a single Korean character.

Matthew Wai, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

English windows 10 but showing chinese characters in start menu

1. English windows 10 but showing chinese characters in start menu - Similar Threads - English showing chinese

2. Chinese characters replacing English in saved emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chinese characters replacing English in saved emails: I'm using the Windows Mail app as my email client. I save many emails from Mail to folders in Windows File Explorer. Sometimes when I go back and reopen those emails the text has changed from English to what appears to be Chinese. I'm not a Chinese language user so have never...
  3. Weird Font and size of Chinese characters on Windows 10 English edition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird Font and size of Chinese characters on Windows 10 English edition: Hi, I recently re-installed Windows 10 En edition and found that the Chinese characters look pretty weird. Previously they look normal, so I have no sense what's causing the current issue. File browser: [ATTACH] Task bar: [ATTACH] I searched for answers for a while...
  4. How to display Chinese characters in an English version of Windows PE.

in Windows 10 Support
    How to display Chinese characters in an English version of Windows PE.: I have a bootable "Bob.Omb’s Modified Win10PEx64" USB device. It does not support Chinese characters, which will be displayed as junk characters. Is it possible to make it support Chinese? 153648
  5. Windows mail keep showing Chinese characters

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows mail keep showing Chinese characters: Hello, I've tried to find a solution on how to remove the Chinese letters I keep getting in Windows Mail, but all solutions are for Outlook. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? submitted by /u/Winesen [link] [comments]...
  6. Chinese character

Chinese character: Hi, i can using Chinese character anywhere (i.e. browser, excel, words), but can't rename file/folder in Chinese. When i type, only English characters are appeared. [ATTACH][ATTACH] i am using windows 10 professional. pls advise.. Thanks...
  7. Chinese Characters

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chinese Characters: Good day, all - While running MSERT, I notice what appear to be Chinese characters in the strings of letters and numbers. Does this mean my computer has been hacked? If so, how do I remove the hack?...
  8. Chinese character

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chinese character: to Support group, don't know what happen, when I upgrade the window 10, the Chinese typing is not working .Please tell me what to do. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chinese-character/4a47290e-887d-4045-ae53-a04571eedac0
  9. Chinese characters program display gibberish on Win 10 English version

Chinese characters program display gibberish on Win 10 English version: ISSUE: I already set the option what the language for non-Unicode programs as Chinese, and turn on the Beta function that UTF-8 support for worldwide language, but some Chinese programs also display gibberish on Win 10 English version. How to solve this issue, thanks....
  10. Chinese Characters I need English Please

Chinese Characters I need English Please: on my task bar when I want to safely remove external hard drive, usb key, etc the icon is showing in Chinese how do I get it back to English see picture below - when I left click on the up arrow it gives me a box with the 6 icons and the last one bottom right hand side is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 login screen got chinese characters

2. Windows 10 App with chinese characters in startup