Windows 10: english

Discus and support english in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi, I have had to buy a new laptop whilst in Russia. I now need Microsoft home installed. You can purchase it here from local retailer as you cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AndyAlexander1, Jul 10, 2019.

1. english

hi, I have had to buy a new laptop whilst in Russia. I now need Microsoft home installed. You can purchase it here from local retailer as you cannot do on line in Russia. My ?. Once installed will I be able to change it to English language? Right now sitting with a useless new laptop unable to do my work!

Thanks in advance.

Andy

:)

AndyAlexander1, Jul 10, 2019

2. Unable to set default language to English

Hi,

Thanks you for posting your reply and update.

Apologies for the delayed response.

The information provided by you is not enough for us to understand the issue. Please provide us with the below details for better clarity.

• Did you try to add English using the steps suggested by Wungraileng Vashi
      on November 1, 2015?
    • Do you get any error message when you try to add English as your default language?

Please get back to us with the above details so that we can assist you further.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jul 10, 2019
  3. How do I get the MSN.com site to revert back to English?

Hi,

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Open MSN.com on your Web Browser
    • Click on Settings on the top right corner
    • Select CHANGE LANGUAGE AND CONTENT
    • Select English

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help.

Ankit Rajput, Jul 10, 2019
  4. english

Windows 10 English version: when the latest update occurred the system changed the language to German since that is where i reside

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I like to know; are you able to view the English language pack, under
    Control panel > Languages? If not, what is the error message you are getting when trying to add English language pack.

I like to inform you that, we no need to download English language pack additionally since, English language will be already available among the language list. You need to add the English language from the list.

I suggest you to try adding the English language and set it as default language in your computer and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

Step 1: Add English language.

Follow the below steps to add your language from the language list.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

Step 2: Override Windows display language and default input method to English.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Advanced Settings, form the left navigation panel.

• Select English language under
      Override for Windows Display language
      and Override for default input method.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

english

1. english - Similar Threads - english

2. I can't download a English language pack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't download a English language pack: I am trying to download a English language pack for my windows LTSC but it is all in Chinese and I keep getting error0x80070002 when I run trouble shoot it is all in Chinese and I can't read it pls help...
  3. I can't download a English language pack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't download a English language pack: I am trying to download a English language pack for my windows LTSC but it is all in Chinese and I keep getting error0x80070002 when I run trouble shoot it is all in Chinese and I can't read it pls help...
  4. I want everything in English EXCEPT my keyboard which I want to have Spanish as the default.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want everything in English EXCEPT my keyboard which I want to have Spanish as the default.: I want everything in my computer to be in English EXCEPT my keyboard which I want to have Spanish as the default. I occasionally use the English keyboard so I have it there too like for @ but I don't want the machine to change it to English automatically if it detects that...
  5. I want everything in English EXCEPT my keyboard which I want to have Spanish as the default.

I want everything in English EXCEPT my keyboard which I want to have Spanish as the default.: I want everything in my computer to be in English EXCEPT my keyboard which I want to have Spanish as the default. I occasionally use the English keyboard so I have it there too like for @ but I don't want the machine to change it to English automatically if it detects that...
  6. Cannot prevent Windows to change the keyboard to "English US QWERTY" on each restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot prevent Windows to change the keyboard to "English US QWERTY" on each restart.: My "windows display language" is English US , but my region, first language and keyboard are "Belgian French AZERTY". I cannot prevent Windows to change the keyboard to "English US QWERTY" on each restart. This problem occurs for years, with both Windows 10 and Windows 11 and...
  7. Cannot prevent Windows to change the keyboard to "English US QWERTY" on each restart.

Cannot prevent Windows to change the keyboard to "English US QWERTY" on each restart.: My "windows display language" is English US , but my region, first language and keyboard are "Belgian French AZERTY". I cannot prevent Windows to change the keyboard to "English US QWERTY" on each restart. This problem occurs for years, with both Windows 10 and Windows 11 and...
  8. I can't remove the English United Kingdom on my keyboard layout.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't remove the English United Kingdom on my keyboard layout.: It's not showing under Settings. Can't remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-remove-the-english-united-kingdom-on-my/54545d94-4395-4507-9f54-2b4faa91ecf7
  9. I can't remove the English United Kingdom on my keyboard layout.

I can't remove the English United Kingdom on my keyboard layout.: It's not showing under Settings. Can't remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-remove-the-english-united-kingdom-on-my/54545d94-4395-4507-9f54-2b4faa91ecf7
  10. How to get ä, ö, ü and ß when typing in English ?

How to get ä, ö, ü and ß when typing in English ?: Hi,I have Windows 11, how can I type ä, ö, ü and ß without using Deutsch keyboard?I'm using English US and Hebrew.Or if I will download the Deutsch keyboard, were is the ß sign?...