Windows 10: Enhance Text Contrast to improve Font Rendering in Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Enhance Text Contrast to improve Font Rendering in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Do you need to improve the readability of your web pages? Any virtual document or site is more readable and gains more audience when it has a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 28, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Enhance Text Contrast to improve Font Rendering in Microsoft Edge

Enhance Text Contrast to improve Font Rendering in Microsoft Edge Enhance-text-contrast-to-improve-font-rendering-in-Microsoft-Edge.png
    Do you need to improve the readability of your web pages? Any virtual document or site is more readable and gains more audience when it has a better color contrast. Microsoft Edge has come up with an innovative idea of manually fictionalizing the high contrast mode of your web page. This feature optimizes text legibility […]

This article Enhance Text Contrast to improve Font Rendering in Microsoft Edge first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jun 28, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Improving font rendering in Microsoft Edge

Source: Improving font rendering in Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Edge Blog

Browsers and Mail - How to Enable or Disable Enhance Text Contrast in Microsoft Edge | Windows Questions

Brink, Jun 28, 2021
  3. Craig Win User
    Why does new edge have poor text rendering?

What may help is to go to google extensions and install the "font rendering enhancer" for me it makes the difference and makes it more like Firefox...It's a Chromium problem which the Chrome developers refuse to fix...The Edge team is aware of it from discussions in one of the microsoft forums...Hopefully, they will do something about it (it is suppose to be a simple fix)...I feel one shouldn't need to use an extension to get good font rendering...The only alternative of course, is to use Firefox which does not suffer with this problem and renders darker and sharper text...

Remember..the old Edge was NOT chromium based so that is why it didn't have that problem...
    https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...1173014#M24378

Craig, Jun 28, 2021
  4. Callender Win User

Google Chrome with Font Rendering Enhancer

Just for comparison I disabled the extension that I use. Here is Font Rendering Enhancer:

Enhance Text Contrast to improve Font Rendering in Microsoft Edge [​IMG]

Callender, Jun 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Enhance Text Contrast to improve Font Rendering in Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Enhance Text Contrast

2. MacType to enhance text rendering

in Windows 10 Customization
    MacType to enhance text rendering: Hello. Sorry for annoying you, but I have some questions to have MacType:1. Does it affect the ClearType and system's functionality?2. Does it tweak DLLs about text rendering?I need your answer because I'm almost installing and I'm stuck due to the questions mentioned...
  3. Font rendering...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Font rendering...: Hey all. I spend the day working on my retina MacBook Pro after quite some time away working on Windows. My XPS has a 4k display and the fonts look horrendous. I mean, they are so thin and they truly disappear as they lack definition. I tried something called MacType which...
  4. Windows Fonts De-Uglification Clear type text enhancer

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Fonts De-Uglification Clear type text enhancer: Hi there Nothing to do with incorrect video driver but after latest update some of my Windows texts were looking horribly jagged etc. However this might be a good suggestion for people having similar issues --there's a built in text enhancer type Clear Type on your menu...
  5. Microsoft Edge PDF note-taking enhanced with support for text comments

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge PDF note-taking enhanced with support for text comments: Greetings Insiders, The ability to add text comments on PDF documents is one of the features we provided for the PDF reader in legacy Microsoft Edge. We have heard feedback that some of you miss this useful feature, so we are pleased to announce that we are bringing it back...
  6. Text rendering badly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Text rendering badly: My text is rendering badly on my 1080p display, black text looks to be a mix of black, red, and blue, and pixelated which is highly unpleasant to look at. I've gone through multiple steps to try and remove this including configuring clear type, disabling font smoothing in the...
  7. Why does new edge have poor text rendering?

in Browsers and Email
    Why does new edge have poor text rendering?: So I decided to try new Edge and found its text rendering to be much worse than old Edge. See image below and you will see old edge is perfect even when zooming in 400%, new edge is blocky. [img] 150579
  8. Why does new edge have poor text rendering?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does new edge have poor text rendering?: So I decided to try new Edge and found its text rendering to be much worse than old Edge. See image below and you will see old edge is perfect even when zooming in 400%, new edge is blocky. [img] 150579
  9. Google Chrome with Font Rendering Enhancer

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome with Font Rendering Enhancer: Hi! I was using both Edge w/Chrome (where i have this extension as well) and Firefox...I've mentioned (and others agree) that Firefox's web page rendering is much better than Chrome's...Once the Google Chrome extension called "Font Rendering Enhancer" is added..What a...
  10. Edge blurry text rendering

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge blurry text rendering: What's with some of the blurriness with text on some sites. For example, the main navigation of apple.com is all fuzzy. Doesn't happen in Chrome or Firefox. [img] 11668