Windows 10: Enhancement tab not showing when I install Realtek audio

Discus and support Enhancement tab not showing when I install Realtek audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, If anyone can help me out, my problem is that I installed realtek audio and my enhancement tab is now missing. So what im trying to do is add my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Blxck.., Oct 18, 2020.

1. Blxck.. Win User

Enhancement tab not showing when I install Realtek audio

Hi, If anyone can help me out, my problem is that I installed realtek audio and my enhancement tab is now missing. So what im trying to do is add my jack mic to Windows default driver High Definiton Audio and when i try it, it doesnt work. Can someone please help me?

:)

Blxck.., Oct 18, 2020
  2. MarlaScho Win User

Realtek Audio Enhancement Tab Suddenly Missing

Dear Andre,

You saved me! It worked! The only thing I did different was that an old version of Realtek was listed, so I chose that over the
    “High definition audio device”. When I started to select, “High definition audio device” a warning message said that it could cause hardware problems and make things stop working so I got scared off. Do you think it really would have been
    safe to use? Anyway, I am so happy to have my enhancement tab back.

THANK YOU SO MUCH,

Marla

MarlaScho, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Headphones do not show up when Realtek is installed

OK, so this happened to me on my laptop. It wanted to use the realtek drivers no matter what. Let me show you what to do.
    Step 1. Open the start menu and type 'Device Manager' in the search bar. Click on the result.

Step 2.
    Enhancement tab not showing when I install Realtek audio [​IMG]
    You'll see this window appear.

Step 3.
    Expand the 'Sound , video and game controllers' category.

Step 4. Find 'Realtek High Definition Audio' in the list, then right click it and select Properties.

Step 5.
    Click on the 'Driver' tab near the top of the window.

Step 6.
    Now click on the button that says 'Roll back driver'.
    If the button is dimmed, make sure your Realtek drivers are currently installed.

Step 6. If you did it correctly, the system should ask you to restart to finish. If it does then you finished the tutorial correctly!
    Once restarted, Open device manager again using step 1. Expand the 'sound, video and game controllers' category again.

Step 7. If it says 'High Definition Audio Device' then you did it right. Here's a pic for example purposes:

ThatsNiceGuy, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

no enhancements tab on my speaker properties HP windows 10

Hi Manuelde,

Outdated audio driver is one of the usual caused why the enhancements tab is not appearing on the speakers properties. There are also audio drivers that don't have an enhancement tab.

To isolate the root cause of the issue, we need additional information:

• Which audio driver are you using?
    • Were you able to use the enhancement tab before?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest uninstalling the driver using the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device, and select
      Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Enhancement tab not showing when I install Realtek audio - Similar Threads - Enhancement tab showing

2. Enhancement tab in Audio settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enhancement tab in Audio settings: HeyCurrently having a small but very annoying problem with my mic audio, there is a constant crackling/static sound from the mic and i've tried reading up on tips on how to solve this where many recommend going into the Enhancement tab. I am using a RØDE Podmic, i've tried...
  3. Enhancement tab in Audio settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enhancement tab in Audio settings: HeyCurrently having a small but very annoying problem with my mic audio, there is a constant crackling/static sound from the mic and i've tried reading up on tips on how to solve this where many recommend going into the Enhancement tab. I am using a RØDE Podmic, i've tried...
  4. No enhancements tab in Sound Settings Playback, when Realtek is installed. Also, choosing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No enhancements tab in Sound Settings Playback, when Realtek is installed. Also, choosing...: Okay, so I have an MSI Z170A Gaming M7 Motherboard, which natively supports Realtek drivers. I downloaded a driver from the manufacturers website - which works fine by the way - but with this driver installed or any Realtek driver installed, my main playback device does not...
  5. No enhancements tab in Sound Settings Playback, when Realtek is installed. Also, choosing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No enhancements tab in Sound Settings Playback, when Realtek is installed. Also, choosing...: Okay, so I have an MSI Z170A Gaming M7 Motherboard, which natively supports Realtek drivers. I downloaded a driver from the manufacturers website - which works fine by the way - but with this driver installed or any Realtek driver installed, my main playback device does not...
  6. No enhancements tab in Sound Settings Playback, when Realtek is installed. Also, choosing...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Audio Enhancements Tab Missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Enhancements Tab Missing: I have a Dell Precision 5530 laptop with Windows 10 Pro. It's relatively new, and I noticed there is no audio Enhancements tab for the Speakers/Headphones control window. I've gone through the steps of updating my driver, uninstalling and reinstalling it, contacting Dell...
  8. Audio enhancements tab is showing for headphones but not microphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio enhancements tab is showing for headphones but not microphone: I have tried updating and restarting my computer. Nothing has worked, please help! submitted by /u/howisherobrine [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ftudl1/audio_enhancements_tab_is_showing_for_headphones/
  9. Audio Enhancements Tab Missing

Audio Enhancements Tab Missing: Hello, I am brand new to these forums and have been wondering why my Audio Enhancements Tab is missing now that i am using Windows 10. I used to have Windows 7 and it worked fine. I have no clue what sound card i have and it doesn't show up in device manager either, i believe...
  10. Issues with Realtek Audio Enhancements

Issues with Realtek Audio Enhancements: Today, out of nowhere, the sounds of my PC started to get weird. (Windows 10 v1607 anniversary update) I look at the settings and everything is back to default. I set my preferences again (equalizer, virtual surround and Intensity equalization) but every media players...