Windows 10: Enhancing sound

Discus and support Enhancing sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I could use some suggestions on how I can boost, enhance, or otherwise manipulate sound on my laptop. I know this system isn't a multi-media hub,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jayv2251, May 24, 2016.

1. jayv2251 Win User

Enhancing sound

I could use some suggestions on how I can boost, enhance, or otherwise manipulate sound on my laptop. I know this system isn't a multi-media hub, although I do have Kodi and Plex installed. When I watch movies on Netflix or a dvd, the sound is rather bland and flat. Need some sort of software based booster/eq. I've asked this question on a few Facebook pages, and folks start suggestion players. That isn't what I'm looking for, don't need a player for Netflix. Suggestions?

:)

jayv2251, May 24, 2016
  2. Jay_Ca Win User

PC Speakers set to defaults (stereo) has music no vocals

Hi Barbara,

Try to disable the enhancements from the sound settings, if not click this
    Link
    to see instructions how to disable sound enhancements, please choose Turn off Audio enhancement from the dropdown menu.

Regards,

Jay_Ca, May 24, 2016
  3. CanPham Win User
    Enhancements tab missing from both speakers and microphone properties since Windows 10 update

I have the same problem!

I am using the Lenovo Thinkpad T430.

After upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10, the sound enhancements tab is gone! The main problem is that this option is not working fine on Windows 10 so it has been removed automatically.

The only way to have the sound enhancements back is removing the updated sound driver and install the old one from the Lenovo hompage.

However, the sound enhancements will work for a short time only. Then the windows will automatically disable it and update the new sound driver.

Without sound enhancements, the sound is terrible as it has no bass boot option.

Now, I am still waiting for a new sound driver update from Lenovo (the newest one which is compatible with my laptop on their homepage was released from 2013!) Enhancing sound :(

CanPham, May 24, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Enhancing sound

I have a program called Soundblaster Cinema 2 which can do exactly that.
    From emulating surround sound to emphasising base and treble to per device profiles.
    It came with the PC, here's a URL
    OEM - Software Solutions - Sound Blaster Cinema 2

However if you use a player that has a built-in graphic equaliser, you can probably do most of what's needed.

dalchina, May 24, 2016
  5. jayv2251 Win User
    The computer has a RealTek HD embedded chip onboard. No real controls what so ever. Just volume control. That's it. If you've ever used Netflix, not all videos are created the same. Every desktop I've built, I used Sound Blaster sound cards. A few motherboards might have had Turtle Beach, but more often then not they had RealTek onboard chips which I had to disable. Just wondering how a Creative Labs software package will work with another company's sound processor and just how much can be done given the physical limitations of that chip?

jayv2251, May 25, 2016
  6. MrNeeds Win User
    All sound cards can be manipulated to achieve better sound, it's a case of amplification and frequency, SB cinema is a software suite and will work with any sound device, the purpose of a sound card is to deliver sound, the only limitation with Realtek hardware is the faint buzzing noise from many onboard cards.

MrNeeds, May 27, 2016
  7. IMO, you need to have a DSP plugin such as Dolby Virtual Speaker to greatly enhance depth. To be honest however, you are much better off with a headphone then use Dolby Headphone. You will hear bass as deep and as punchy as that of a home theater except you don't feel the bass. Since Dolby mimics surround, you will hear surround except it's in your head, but IMO the experience will be much better than the laptop speakers.

theveterans, May 27, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

Enhancing sound

True, you need to start with the hardware. External speakers or a decent pair of headphones. Just look at how tiny laptop speakers are. Whether you use powered external speakers (choose carefully for sound quality!) or your own sound system - like my 1980's Technics amp + Acoustic Research speakers with 10" woofers- that makes a huge difference.

But if you've only your laptop, then for portability, headphones obviously.

dalchina, May 27, 2016
  9. jayv2251 Win User
    Honestly, although I'm using a laptop, I don't take it anywhere. I used earbuds as I have the laptop next to our bed on a TV table. That way I can watch It in bed, while my wife uses the TV. I've been using the earbuds that came with my Samsung Galaxy S3, but they actually died last night. So now I'm trying to use my JVC full sized headphone. Not as comfie while laying down though. I will look into that SB Cinema package the next time I head over to MicroCenter.

jayv2251, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Enhancing sound

1. Enhancing sound - Similar Threads - Enhancing sound

2. Sound Enhancement Tab/High Def Driver both missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Enhancement Tab/High Def Driver both missing: I am trying to restore the "enhancement" tab to my sound properties. It has been suggested on the web that I use the Windows High Definition Audio driver vs. the Realtek driver. The Windows driver is not available as an option when I try to install it via device manager even...
  3. Sound Enhancement Tab/High Def Driver both missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Enhancement Tab/High Def Driver both missing: I am trying to restore the "enhancement" tab to my sound properties. It has been suggested on the web that I use the Windows High Definition Audio driver vs. the Realtek driver. The Windows driver is not available as an option when I try to install it via device manager even...
  4. Sound Enhancement Tab/High Def Driver both missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Enhancement tab is showing in headphones sound properties, but there are no enhancements to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enhancement tab is showing in headphones sound properties, but there are no enhancements to...: I have been using the same headset for 2 years ...the hyper x cloud alpha wireless. It connects wirelessly to the dongle that came with it which plugs into a USB port. I don't use the Hyperx Ngenuity App to control Equalization, and I don't want to so please don't reply...
  6. Enhancement tab is showing in headphones sound properties, but there are no enhancements to...

Enhancement tab is showing in headphones sound properties, but there are no enhancements to...: I have been using the same headset for 2 years ...the hyper x cloud alpha wireless. It connects wirelessly to the dongle that came with it which plugs into a USB port. I don't use the Hyperx Ngenuity App to control Equalization, and I don't want to so please don't reply...
  7. there isn't any enhancement tab in my realtek sound device .

there isn't any enhancement tab in my realtek sound device .: i updated all of my drivers to the last available version .reinstall driversand tried over 10 youtube videos solutions .really needed help...
  8. there isn't any enhancement tab in my realtek sound device .

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    there isn't any enhancement tab in my realtek sound device .: i updated all of my drivers to the last available version .reinstall driversand tried over 10 youtube videos solutions .really needed help...
  9. there isn't any enhancement tab in my realtek sound device .

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. How to fix sound issues when "Signal enhancements" is turned on?

How to fix sound issues when "Signal enhancements" is turned on?: The device default settings had enabled "Signal enhancements" in sound settings. The problem is when I am in a game and I want to Alt Tab to my browser or listen to music on spotify, no other app sound works. Only the game sound works. If I turn the setting off, all sounds...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sound enhancing drivers