Windows 10: Enivormental variable

Discus and support Enivormental variable in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Enivormental variable keeps reverting to %PROGRAMFILES%\KMSpico\temp on every reboot. Editing to both temp/tmp C:\Users\ad_cu\AppData\Local\Temp not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AdnanTariq3, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Enivormental variable

Enivormental variable keeps reverting to %PROGRAMFILES%\KMSpico\temp on every reboot. Editing to both temp/tmp C:\Users\ad_cu\AppData\Local\Temp not working. Also scanned for virus nothing found.

:)

AdnanTariq3, Mar 14, 2020
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

System environment variable won't stick

Running Win10 Home on an Acer Spin 3, 64bit, i7cpu. I try to add a path to the system environment variables by:

1. Control Panel > System > Advanced system settings > Advanced tab > Environment variables

2. The "Environment Variables" window opens.
    3. In the "System Variables" pane I select "Path" and click the EDIT button.
    4. A list of the current system paths is displayed.
    5. I click the NEW button, browse to the path I want to add which is "C:\Python36-32" and click OK. The path "C:\Python36-32" is added to the list of current system paths.
    6. I click OK and am returned to the "Environment Variables" window.
    7. I click the "X" at the top right to close the "Environment Variables" window.

Now if I click the "Environment Variables" button again (end of step-1) and repeat steps 2-4, the new path I added in step-5 is gone. IOW, adding a new path won't stick.

What am I doing wrong?

3. Searching environment variable in list

I'm using a command that gives me a list of environment variables. When searching in the list, I want to find all environment variables with the word
    EXTERNAL; using the following command all that is occurring is all the environment variables are being listed instead of those environment variables with the word
    EXTERNAL ?

findstr /c "EXTERNAL"

StraightWorld, Mar 14, 2020
  4. Enivormental variable

no longer able to set User's environment variables in control panel

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that you are not able to work on the Environment Variables in Windows 10 after the latest update to build 10586.3.

The path to access the Environment variables in Windows would be:

Control panel -> System -> Advanced System Settings -> Advanced -> Environment variables.

However, if the above is still in place, but however, you still face functionality issue, I would suggest you to rollback to the previous build and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on Start and select Settings and then choose Update & security.
    • Then click on ‘Recovery Options’.
    • Click on the ‘Get started’ button in the ‘Go back to a previous build of Windows’ option to start the recovery process.
    Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write t us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

Enivormental variable

1. Enivormental variable - Similar Threads - Enivormental variable

2. BSOD with variable messages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with variable messages: Built the system when the 4070TI came out. worked great until a couple months ago. Got my first BSOD. Then nothing for a couple days, then another BSOD, and they happened faster and faster, until it now may take 15 minutes or a couple hours from a startup. I've been getting...
  3. BSOD with variable messages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD with variable messages: Built the system when the 4070TI came out. worked great until a couple months ago. Got my first BSOD. Then nothing for a couple days, then another BSOD, and they happened faster and faster, until it now may take 15 minutes or a couple hours from a startup. I've been getting...
  4. How to make recorded mp4 file constant frame rate and variable bit rate?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make recorded mp4 file constant frame rate and variable bit rate?: I am using CaptureEngine video capture sample from:https://github.com/microsoftarchive/msdn-code-gallery-microsoft/tree/master/Official%20Windows%20Platform%20Sample/CaptureEngine%20video%20capture%20sample/%5BC%2B%2B%5D-CaptureEngine%20video%20capture%20sample/C%2B%2BThe...
  5. How to make recorded mp4 file constant frame rate and variable bit rate?

How to make recorded mp4 file constant frame rate and variable bit rate?: I am using CaptureEngine video capture sample from:https://github.com/microsoftarchive/msdn-code-gallery-microsoft/tree/master/Official%20Windows%20Platform%20Sample/CaptureEngine%20video%20capture%20sample/%5BC%2B%2B%5D-CaptureEngine%20video%20capture%20sample/C%2B%2BThe...
  6. How to make recorded mp4 file constant frame rate and variable bit rate?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. scanwithantivirus variable won't change to 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    scanwithantivirus variable won't change to 1: I tried to install a file and it said virus scan failed so I saw that and it told me to go to regedit. So, when changing the variable to 1 it said cannot edit scanwithantivirus: error writing new contents I believe, how do I fix this error because I want to install the file,...
  8. scanwithantivirus variable won't change to 1

scanwithantivirus variable won't change to 1: I tried to install a file and it said virus scan failed so I saw that and it told me to go to regedit. So, when changing the variable to 1 it said cannot edit scanwithantivirus: error writing new contents I believe, how do I fix this error because I want to install the file,...
  9. One Setting for Multiple Directories Inside and Outside for Environment Variables

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Setting for Multiple Directories Inside and Outside for Environment Variables: Can I set up a setting for multiple directories inside and outside in Environment Variables like any of these?"C:\*""C:\^""C:\%PATH%""C:\_""C:"Why am I showing these? Because I do not want to have so many directories in a path, otherwise the path will be full. I want the path...
  10. One Setting for Multiple Directories Inside and Outside for Environment Variables

in Windows 10 Customization
    One Setting for Multiple Directories Inside and Outside for Environment Variables: Can I set up a setting for multiple directories inside and outside in Environment Variables like any of these?"C:\*""C:\^""C:\%PATH%""C:\_""C:"Why am I showing these? Because I do not want to have so many directories in a path, otherwise the path will be full. I want the path...