Windows 10: Enormous amount of ram being used with absolutely nothing running

Discus and support Enormous amount of ram being used with absolutely nothing running in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Seeing anywhere from 5GB to 12GB of ram usage with absolutely nothing running (no open programs, no taskbar programs). I have 24GB of ram total.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/snowe2010, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Enormous amount of ram being used with absolutely nothing running

Seeing anywhere from 5GB to 12GB of ram usage with absolutely nothing running (no open programs, no taskbar programs). I have 24GB of ram total. Following along with comments from this thread, here are my RamMap and Resource Monitor Screenshots.

Let me know what else I can provide.

Something that might be related: I started looking into this issue because I'll be running Firefox and Minecraft (Modded) at the same time. Minecraft is set to take up 8gb, but seems to expand outside of that to use up almost 14. As soon as the committed pool in the Performance tab in Task Manager approaches 22GB committed, either MC or Firefox will just completely crash. I feel that 2GB left to work with is plenty, so I ran a memory test using the windows memory test tool, but found nothing. I was going to run an extended test, but I haven't had time yet. Should I run one of those?

edit: oops forgot to include build number. Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.657)

submitted by /u/snowe2010
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/snowe2010, Feb 24, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Internet Explorer uses a lot of RAM

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your description, I understand that internet explorer is consuming more ram space. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise due to:

• Opening multiple tabs at a time.
    • Using add-on.
    • Virus.
    • Multiple internet explorer opens in Task manager.
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and also check whether multiple Internet explorer process are running at the same time.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del
    • Open Task manager.
    • Click on Detail Tab.
    • You will see MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe file.
    • Right Click and End Task.
    • Restart the computer.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to perform virus scan by using Windows Defender Offline Beta from the below link and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/what-is-windows-defender-offline

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 24, 2020
  4. MicroZo Win User

Enormous amount of ram being used with absolutely nothing running

Internet Explorer uses a lot of RAM

There is no MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe file in the details list.

MicroZo, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

Enormous amount of ram being used with absolutely nothing running

1. Enormous amount of ram being used with absolutely nothing running - Similar Threads - Enormous amount ram

2. tons of ram being used by nothing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tons of ram being used by nothing: Ok so i feel like this question has been answered a billion times, but no matter what forum or video I look i can't find the answer for me. Even when I am not running any games or anything, the amount of ram that is being used seems to be way more than all of the processes...
  3. tons of ram being used by nothing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tons of ram being used by nothing: Ok so i feel like this question has been answered a billion times, but no matter what forum or video I look i can't find the answer for me. Even when I am not running any games or anything, the amount of ram that is being used seems to be way more than all of the processes...
  4. Large amount of ram being used nothing

Large amount of ram being used nothing: Ok so i feel like this question has been answered a billion times, but no matter what forum or video I look i can't find the answer for me. Even when I am not running any games or anything, the amount of ram that is being used seems to be way more than all of the processes...
  5. Large amount of ram being used nothing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Large amount of ram being used nothing: Ok so i feel like this question has been answered a billion times, but no matter what forum or video I look i can't find the answer for me. Even when I am not running any games or anything, the amount of ram that is being used seems to be way more than all of the processes...
  6. Large amount of ram being used my nothing

Large amount of ram being used my nothing: Ok so i feel like this question has been answered a billion times, but no matter what forum or video I look i can't find the answer for me. Even when I am not running any games or anything, the amount of ram that is being used seems to be way more than all of the processes...
  7. Weird amount of RAM being used

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird amount of RAM being used: Hey everyone, So i recently bought more RAM for my work pc. Just did a small upgrade from 4GB to 8GB. I've been using it for like a week now, and every single day i notice that Task Manager shows im using like 50% RAM, but i dont. In these screenshots you can see that Opera...
  8. ram being used by... ...nothing...? please help!

ram being used by... ...nothing...? please help!: I AM SO CONFUSED WINDOWS TAKE UP 89% of my ram and i only have discord and google open. if u count everything together i should have 1gb used but no it says im using 7gb. im so confused please help me. submitted by /u/SP_Stickan [link] [comments]...
  9. Absolutely nothing using around 40% of RAM

Absolutely nothing using around 40% of RAM: Could anyone help me? I've noticed that my notebook has been using 40% out of 8GB of RAM for apparently no reason. I suspect it is because of the many service host instances, but I've read they were harmless by the design. How can I fix this? Thanks....
  10. RAM being used on nothing?

RAM being used on nothing?: [ATTACH] Basically, I checked task manager and it says 50% of my RAM is being used, I calculated all the apps running and in total it should only be taking like 4GB. I got 16gb of RAM, also like 7GB of the RAM is being cached and it does not decrease even when my RAM is at...