Windows 10: Enough with the automatic updates, please.

Discus and support Enough with the automatic updates, please. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When will someone from Microsoft say enough is enough. We don't want your forced updates messing up everything. Its such a let down and time waster.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dr Jawad Ahmed, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Enough with the automatic updates, please.

When will someone from Microsoft say enough is enough. We don't want your forced updates messing up everything. Its such a let down and time waster. My next PC will be non Microsoft is, apple or chromeos but definitely not Microsoft.

:)

Dr Jawad Ahmed, Jun 30, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jun 30, 2020
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Enough with the automatic updates, please. :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Jun 30, 2020
  4. bigscale Win User

Enough with the automatic updates, please.

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Enough with the automatic updates, please.

1. Enough with the automatic updates, please. - Similar Threads - Enough automatic updates

2. Stop automatic updates - Microsoft - please reply

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop automatic updates - Microsoft - please reply: Every few days, Windows restarts my computer from hibernation and destroys hours of work, requiring searching and re-writing data sets which also takes hours.Microsoft needs to stop this vandalism. I want the updating, I don't want the damage. I should be in control of my...
  3. Stop automatic updates - Microsoft - please reply

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stop automatic updates - Microsoft - please reply: Every few days, Windows restarts my computer from hibernation and destroys hours of work, requiring searching and re-writing data sets which also takes hours.Microsoft needs to stop this vandalism. I want the updating, I don't want the damage. I should be in control of my...
  4. Update - Not enough space

Update - Not enough space: trying to install updates. Get message "Not enough space" need 1.6 GB. Added external drive to create space 11.4 GB. Stilltries to "make space" does not recognize available space on external drive....
  5. UPDATING AND NOT ENOUGH SPACE

UPDATING AND NOT ENOUGH SPACE: Good Morning and Happy Holidays Everyone I am trying to update my Lpetop unfortunaly I need to free up space on my C: Drive, But I don't know how to do this, I have on my storage usage System and Reserve 11.5 GB Apps and Games 1.7 GB Other 14.4I...
  6. STOP UPDATING AUTOMATICALLY. STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT PLEASE, PLEASE, please STOP IT

STOP UPDATING AUTOMATICALLY. STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT PLEASE, PLEASE, please STOP IT: I don't care if this has been said before, if there is some workaround, or whatever. It's simple. Stop updating without my explicit consent. STOP IT. Make Windows STOP IT. Yes, I understand that updates are necessary. All you have to implement is one very SIMPLE FEATURE. No...
  7. Please rethink the issue of automatic windows update

Please rethink the issue of automatic windows update: I am a developer working on asp.net and desktop projects I often open many windows and work with heavy programs. Windows starts downloading updates either for programs or master Then I will be surprised that Windows has become unstable and it ends up either with a blue screen...
  8. not enough space to update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    not enough space to update: I have removed all files on to a thumb drive and I still do not have enough space to perform an update on my surface. I have deleted every program that is not required. How can perform the update?...
  9. BitDefender And Automatic Updates Question, Please

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitDefender And Automatic Updates Question, Please: Hello, Two questions please: Using BitDefender. Windows did an automatic update, apparently, and wiped out a lot of my desktop icons. Although I am fairly sure that I still have BitDefender working, hopefully, the round desktop icon that was always displayed is not...
  10. Enough is enough!

Enough is enough!: After a year of trying to get Win 10 running like I want, I've finally decided to take a break until Windows 10 is fixed. After untold hours trying to correct the number lock problem using all the suggestions out there, enough is enough! And I won't even mention the tin-can...