Windows 10: Enquiry any tools available for migrating Linux KVM to Microsoft Hyper-V

Discus and support Enquiry any tools available for migrating Linux KVM to Microsoft Hyper-V in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Enquiry any tools available for migrating Linux KVM to Microsoft Hyper-V migrating out of Redhat solution migrating Linux KVM to Microsoft Hyper-V... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Family 2HK, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Enquiry any tools available for migrating Linux KVM to Microsoft Hyper-V

Enquiry any tools available for migrating Linux KVM to Microsoft Hyper-V

migrating out of Redhat solution

migrating Linux KVM to Microsoft Hyper-V

how to do it?

:)

Family 2HK, Mar 9, 2020
  2. Cjrock4 Win User

Hyper-V | Total migration Time

Hi,

I'm a bit of a rookie when it comes to Hyper-V.

I managed to set up 2 Hyper-V machines and a DC (which I am hosting the shared storage, as well as accessing both Machines on it).

Live Migration is working fine, although I would like to know if there is a feature which would ease my life and tell me the start of the migration until the end time of the migration. This will round up the Total Migration Time.

Thanks for the suggested help Enquiry any tools available for migrating Linux KVM to Microsoft Hyper-V :).

Cjrock4, Mar 9, 2020
  3. Rollo1002 Win User
    Hyper-V not available.

In my list of Windows Features Hyper-V is not showing up.

Rollo1002, Mar 9, 2020
  4. jbl1985 Win User

Hyper V Integration Services are not Available

I followed the instructions below, and when I go to hit the action menu after I connect to the VM to install Integration services, there is no such option under the Action Menu to Insert Integration Services Setup Disk . The instructions
    seem so simple but I seem to be missing something. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Step 4: Install or upgrade integration services
    Hyper-V includes a software package for supported guest operating systems that improves integration between the physical computer and the virtual machine. This package is referred to as integration services. To learn more, see Integration
    Services

This step can't be automated or done within a Windows PowerShell session.

To install integration services

• Open Hyper-V Manager. From the Server Manager Tools menu, click Hyper-V Manager.

• Connect to the virtual machine. Right-click the name of the virtual machine and click Connect.

• From the Action menu of Virtual Machine Connection, click Insert Integration Services Setup Disk. This action loads the setup disk in the virtual DVD drive. Depending on the guest operating system installed, you may need to start the installation
      manually.

• After the installation finishes, all integration services are available for use.

jbl1985, Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Enquiry any tools available for migrating Linux KVM to Microsoft Hyper-V - Similar Threads - Enquiry tools available

2. Hyper-V not available.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hyper-V not available.: In my list of Windows Features Hyper-V is not showing up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-not-available/8aaaa3f9-7e4d-4960-ba9e-e6889b219f19
  3. Any linux distro that works with hyper-v dynamic memory?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any linux distro that works with hyper-v dynamic memory?: I'm working on deploying some Linux nodes in a hyper-v environment for a home lab. I would like to use the dynamic memory feature for resource conservation. I noticed that, running hyper-v on up to date windows 10, both debian and ubuntu (even the hyper-v endorsed variety)...
  4. HYPER-V LINUX VM with sound

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    HYPER-V LINUX VM with sound: Hi folks trying an experiment I hadn't thought of before Going through some old junk I found a small mini USB sound and Mic adapter. Tested it on a Native CENTOS machine (the one with the radeon GPU where I couldn't get sound working in any case) Worked fine -- hardware...
  5. Hyper-V Debugging Symbols Are Publicly Available

in Windows 10 News
    Hyper-V Debugging Symbols Are Publicly Available: The security of Microsoft’s cloud services is a top priority for us. One of the technologies that is central to cloud security is Microsoft Hyper-V which we use to isolate tenants from one another in the cloud. Given the importance of this technology, Microsoft has made and...
  6. Using linux mint in hyper-v resolution problem

Using linux mint in hyper-v resolution problem: I installed Linux-Mint in a gen 1 hyper-v session, and it installed fine. My main issue is that it setups up in an odd screen size and requires scroll bars. I go to display settings and it say laptop 12xx x 8xx (4:3) resolution, and no option to select 1366x768. I...
  7. @KARI access Linux HDD's in HYPER-V VM

@KARI access Linux HDD's in HYPER-V VM: Hi there particularly @Kari. I'm playing around now with HYPER-V. I want to access 1 X 9 TB and 1 X 7 TB Linux internal HDD's from a HYPER-V VM (Centos 7). I'm running HOST W10 pro x-64. I've taken the two HDD's offline to the HOST but can't seem to get the VM to...
  8. Linux under Hyper-V: RDP connection

Linux under Hyper-V: RDP connection: I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this, but is there any way to speed up my RDP connection to an openSUSE guest running locally under Hyper-V? I'm using a NAT vSwitch to provide it with both Internet and host connectivity and remote over the static IP is has on...
  9. Hyper-V Manager not available

Hyper-V Manager not available: Hi there, 1. I installed the Hyper-V features (tickmarked all 4 options) and rebooted my system. (My system did some installation, updates etc) 2. After the reboot i can confirm that the hyper-v folders in "C:\Program Files\Hyper-V" appeared. 3. Unfortunately i can not...
  10. Hyper-V VM - Install CentOS Linux in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hyper-V VM - Install CentOS Linux in Windows 10: How to: Hyper-V VM - Install CentOS Linux in Windows 10 How to Install CentOS Linux on Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10 [img] Note A working and quite nice alternative for dual booting is to install various operating systems on a virtual machine. CentOS is...