Windows 10: Ensure Trim is Enabled?

Discus and support Ensure Trim is Enabled? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have read several articles on Trim and it seems like my settings are opposite of what the articles say. All articles say the setting should be "0"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Thirst4Christ, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Ensure Trim is Enabled?

I have read several articles on Trim and it seems like my settings are opposite of what the articles say. All articles say the setting should be "0" for Trim to be enabled.

I followed the steps to verify the status and below is what my system reports.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify
    NTFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled)
    ReFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled)

so I went through the steps to enable Trim and got this message-

C:\WINDOWS\system32>fsutil behavior set DisableDeleteNotify 0
    NTFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled)

I then went through the steps to disable Trim and got this message-

C:\WINDOWS\system32>fsutil behavior set DisableDeleteNotify 1
    NTFS DisableDeleteNotify = 1 (Enabled)

What should I actually be looking at to enable Trim??

Thanks!

:)

Thirst4Christ, Sep 26, 2018
  2. Gerry C J Cornell, Sep 26, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Trim enable on new dell laptop with windows 10

Hi jmann, yes TRIM should always be enabled on an SSD for it to function efficiently

By default Windows will will manage TRIM on your SSD without any user input

To check that TRIM is enabled:

Open a Command Prompt Window and run this command:

fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify

If that command returns 0, trim is already enabled on your SSD

If 0 is not returned, run this command to enable TRIM:

fsutil behavior set DisableDeleteNotify 0

DaveM121, Sep 26, 2018
  4. Ensure Trim is Enabled?

jaburmester, Sep 26, 2018
Thema:

Ensure Trim is Enabled?

1. Ensure Trim is Enabled? - Similar Threads - Ensure Trim Enabled

2. Ensure disk controller is enabled in BIOS Windows installation error

in Windows 10 News
    Ensure disk controller is enabled in BIOS Windows installation error: [IMG]When trying to install Windows operating systems on a computer, a lot of users are getting stuck on the partition screen where there see an error message – Windows cannot be installed to this disk, This computer’s hardware may not support booting to this disk, Ensure...
  3. about TRIM enable or disable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    about TRIM enable or disable: Hy Ihave in my laptop an SSD drive,so Iknow the TRIM have to be enabled,so icheck inCMD ADMIN and type: C:\Windows\System32> fsutil behavior query disabledeletenotiey then click enter.after enter show NTFS DisableDeleteNotify =0 DisableRsFS DisableDeleteNotifi =0 DisableIs...
  4. about TRIM enable or disable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    about TRIM enable or disable: Hy Ihave in my laptop an SSD drive,so Iknow the TRIM have to be enabled,so icheck inCMD ADMIN and type: C:\Windows\System32> fsutil behavior query disabledeletenotiey then click enter.after enter show NTFS DisableDeleteNotify =0 DisableRsFS DisableDeleteNotifi =0 DisableIs...
  5. about TRIM enable or disable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Trim

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Trim: Did the trim get fixed in the new CU for 2004? 162443
  7. Manual Optimization of SSD vs enabling TRIM

Manual Optimization of SSD vs enabling TRIM: I have a factory installed SSD and also a second 7200 rpm HDD. The factory default setting SATA mode for BIOS/UEFI storage controller is RAID instead of AHCI. To enable TRIM, it would require the RAID configuration to be changed to AHCI. What looks strange after running...
  8. Is Trim Enabled ?

Is Trim Enabled ?: Checking a few things I ran the command to check if Trim is enabled and got this: C:\WINDOWS\system32>fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify NTFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled) ReFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled) I thought if it showed 0 it meant it's enabled....
  9. "TRIM"!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "TRIM"!: I want to trim out ten seconds or so from a 65MByte video. I moved the end stops to surround the required segment and hit the play arrow. I now have the required segment but its file size on disk is 120Mbytes! What have I done wrong? Thanks....
  10. Why didnt windows enable trim on my drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why didnt windows enable trim on my drives: I created a ReFS storage pool in windows 10 pro with 2 Samsung 850 pro 512gb ssd's but when I ran the trim check it returned "ReFS DisableDeleteNotify is not currently set" These drives were previously installed as C: (os drive) and D: (secondary drive) with trim enabled on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows ensure trim is enabled

2. ntfs disabledeletenotify = 0 (disabled)

3. fsutil behavior query disabledeletenotify returns NTFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled)

4. NTFS disable trim