Windows 10: Enter and Backspace sometimes don't work

Discus and support Enter and Backspace sometimes don't work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, for the past few months my enter and backspace keys sometimes don't work. I am running Windows 1909 on a Dell G7. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jaredo88, May 9, 2020.

1. jaredo88 Win User

Enter and Backspace sometimes don't work

Hi everyone, for the past few months my enter and backspace keys sometimes don't work. I am running Windows 1909 on a Dell G7. I have tried uninstalling the drivers and restarting, but I have not tried completely reinstalling windows as I have been really busy using my computer. As of lately the problem is starting to get worse and unbearable. I noticed when they don't work, they also don't work in the BIOS however the key still lights up on the keyboard. My laptop has run out of warranty and they have referred me to their un-warrantied support team. I can't afford to be spending a bunch of money on this and don't wanna destroy my laptop by taking it apart. Is there any other options?

Edit: Also just noticed they both start to work if I press down on one of them with extreme pressure. Maybe the wiring is loose and I can somehow secure it? I can't seem to find any tutorials on how to do so with my laptop though.

:)

jaredo88, May 9, 2020

2. Backspace and Enter not working

Hi Chriso,

Ive tried uinstalling the keyboard from device manager twice now and sadly it hasnt helped. As you will probably notice now, my apostrophe button wasnt working either so i can rule out that the buttons are worn becuase i have never used the apostrophe button
    anymore than the enter and backspace.

Also can i note, this problem has existed for some time, however before, the enter and backspace would start working after about half an hour of use so i dismissed it but now its still not working.

I appreciate your help but I havent found the solution yet

Mohammed70011, May 9, 2020
  3. Why does my Enter and Backspace act weirdly?

I have an Asus X540-YA laptop, and sometimes when I press the Backspace, instead of deleting the character, it writes down the combination of "74321", and sometimes some dots as well. Same thing with my Enter, sometimes it just types "nbz" instead of jumping
    a line when typing. I have tried to restore my Windows 10 the the original settings and re-install a driver ASUS sent me, but it did not help. Any suggestions what could cause it, or what could I do?

Dávid Bűdi, May 9, 2020
  4. AnneFlash Win User

My backspace and enter keys not working

Backspace key and enter key dont work

AnneFlash, May 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Enter and Backspace sometimes don't work - Similar Threads - Enter Backspace sometimes

2. backspace and enter key don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    backspace and enter key don't work: Hi, the backspace key and the enter key on my laptop don't work all the time. They work periodically but I don't know what to do. I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backspace-and-enter-key-dont-work/1b7cbf95-0eef-45fc-82bd-2de4ab3a0540
  3. backspace and enter key don't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    backspace and enter key don't work: Hi, the backspace key and the enter key on my laptop don't work all the time. They work periodically but I don't know what to do. I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backspace-and-enter-key-dont-work/1b7cbf95-0eef-45fc-82bd-2de4ab3a0540
  4. Backspace and enter key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backspace and enter key not working: I was playing games with my friends, and I was trying to say something in chat when suddenly the enter key won't work. I was trying to tell my friends that my backspace and enter keys won't work. So I searched on youtube on how to fix this problem, but none of those work,...
  5. Backspace and enter key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backspace and enter key not working: I was playing games with my friends, and I was trying to say something in chat when suddenly the enter key won't work. I was trying to tell my friends that my backspace and enter keys won't work. So I searched on youtube on how to fix this problem, but none of those work,...
  6. Backspace and enter key not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Enter and backspace Keys Don't Work When Extending Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Enter and backspace Keys Don't Work When Extending Screen: I have a second monitor to which I am extending to as my primary screen, since it is bigger than my laptop's. Often, while I am typing, my keyboard seems to disable the backspace and enter keys. I've had to resort to using the delete key and the enter key on my number pad. It...
  8. Only space bar, backspace, and enter keys work

Only space bar, backspace, and enter keys work: Hey all, I turned on my PC this afternoon and I was unable to login, as only the space bar, backspace, and enter keys worked. I tried on 3 different keyboards and got the same problem. I can't login to see if there is an issue in settings and I have no idea what to do. Anyone...
  9. Backspace and Enter suddenly stopped working

Backspace and Enter suddenly stopped working: So, my keyboard and computer (desktop, not a laptop), have been working fine for as long as I can remember, but out of nowhere, starting like 2 and a half hours ago, my keyboard's backspace and enter keys have completely ceased any and all kinds of functionality. First I...
  10. My backspace and enter key aren't working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My backspace and enter key aren't working.: I turned off sticky keys and filter keys. I have reset my computer(Windows 10) and check my driver and nothing is working. It's only those keys and nothing working....