Windows 10: ENTER and TAB Key

Discus and support ENTER and TAB Key in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Has there been any current resolution on ENTER Key functioning as a TAB moves to the right on keyboard 10 key and USB keypad on Windows 10? Windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LoidaTolentino, Apr 16, 2020.

1. ENTER and TAB Key

Has there been any current resolution on ENTER Key functioning as a TAB moves to the right on keyboard 10 key and USB keypad on Windows 10? Windows 7 works well on desktop or laptop. It's very difficult with complex spreadsheet which deals with massive data entry. It's sad to hear no programmer rectified this matter since 2016 and we are in year 2020. Can someone compare the two programs windows 7 and 10 and find the root cause of the problem. This is a vital function for people who utilizes this key on daily basis. Thank you.

:)

LoidaTolentino, Apr 16, 2020

2. Close all tabs warning disabled after update KB3116900

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the details.

I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys, opens the Run Command.
    • Type inetcpl.cpl and hit Enter.
    • Under General Tab, select Tabs.
    • Select if the Warn me when closing the multiple tabs is
      checked
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 16, 2020
  3. Tab key stopped working

Hi Don,

To resolve your issue, follow the steps below:

• Press and hold Alt-key.
    • Press 0 0 9 on the numeric pad.
    • Release the Alt-key.

This is the alternate method of getting a TAB character.

Let us know if you need further assistance and we will be glad to help.

Acelyn Alc, Apr 16, 2020
  4. ENTER and TAB Key

Enter key not working on all selections in Start Menu

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• Does Enter key works properly while using other apps/programs?

Kindly follow the below given methods and check if issue persist.

Method 1:

This issue may arise due to keyboard issue while pressing Enter key. I suggest you to run
    the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Method 2:

This issue may also occur due to some system file corruption.
    I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
      • Close the command prompt and restart the system and check if it works.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

ENTER and TAB Key

1. ENTER and TAB Key - Similar Threads - ENTER TAB Key

2. Enter keys are not working!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enter keys are not working!: I have Windows 11 laptop. MSI ALPHA 15 and it has two enter keys regular and the num enter key both of them stops working randomly.I have searched this problem on google. I followed the steps which are given on various websites. But I couldn't fix my Enterkey. Key mapping is...
  3. Tab Key?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Tab Key?: Hi EveryoneI have a problem with my laptop, it seems that the Tab Key is constantly being pressed, it doesn't happen all the time and only happens after i have been using the laptop for a while, removing the tab key does nothing and it usually stops after a few seconds, i...
  4. Tab Key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tab Key?: Hi EveryoneI have a problem with my laptop, it seems that the Tab Key is constantly being pressed, it doesn't happen all the time and only happens after i have been using the laptop for a while, removing the tab key does nothing and it usually stops after a few seconds, i...
  5. Tab Key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Tab Key?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Enter a tab character in OneNote

Enter a tab character in OneNote: How do I enter a tab character in OneNote? I see this: Keyboard shortcuts in OneNote - OneNote microsoft.com But couldn't find the way to enter a tab char...
  8. Enter a tab in OneNote

Enter a tab in OneNote: How do I enter a tab character in OneNote? I see this: Keyboard shortcuts in OneNote - OneNote microsoft.com But couldn't find the way to enter a tab char https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enter-a-tab-in-onenote/dd324e4f-9040-411b-8323-dfca6b503ae9
  9. Tab Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tab Key: If i want to use my tab key i need to hold down my shift key it happend today can u help me please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tab-key/f30d61af-4dc8-49f0-9c56-78c809cf60e5
  10. Enter a Product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Enter a Product key: I bought a labtop with window10 . I ran windows recovery to modify personal setting . Since then windows asks me to enter a product key . WHAT TO DO ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enter-a-product-key/db2c1a86-6b24-441a-b7b6-10eef32f0ed6"