Windows 10: enter, backspace, spacebar, up and down keys not working

Discus and support enter, backspace, spacebar, up and down keys not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Certain keys does not work in my HP Pavillion Laptop with Windows 10 Education 64 bit. After some googling a suggested workaround is to turn on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mnmzakir, Nov 26, 2018.

1. mnmzakir Win User

enter, backspace, spacebar, up and down keys not working

Certain keys does not work in my HP Pavillion Laptop with Windows 10 Education 64 bit. After some googling a suggested workaround is to turn on the Airplane mode\disable the wifi adapter via device manger,after which the keys seem to work fine. However once airplane mode/wifi adapter is switched on I cannot browse internet so this cannot be a proper solution. I have tried the following methods which did not solve the issue:

1: Uninstalling and reinstalling keyboard drivers from Device manager or updating as well did not work

2: external usb keyboard seems to be working fine regardless of airplane mode.

3: tried using the non working keys on "on screen keyboard" which did not solve the problem

4: turned on and off sticky keys and filter keys

5: held on to the key for 5-10 seconds, still did not work.

6: Left/Right Arrow and delete keys seem to be working fine in Safe Mode (Current Laptop Keyboard).

Please suggest a solution. Thanks in advance.

:)

mnmzakir, Nov 26, 2018

2. Microsoft Hardware Debuts Windows 8 Keyboard With Split Backspace-Spacebar Key

Building on its previously announced lineup of Windows 8 hardware peripherals, Microsoft Corp. today introduced the Sculpt Comfort Keyboard, an ergonomic keyboard featuring an enlarged split spacebar with optional backspace functionality that enhances typing efficiency and speed. From its thoughtful design and ergonomic shape to the Windows 8-specific keys, the Sculpt Comfort Keyboard is the perfect Windows 8 desktop companion for productivity and comfort.

enter, backspace, spacebar, up and down keys not working microsoft_sculpt_comfort_keyboard_01_thm.jpg

enter, backspace, spacebar, up and down keys not working microsoft_sculpt_comfort_keyboard_02_thm.jpg

Research and Design

With the Sculpt Comfort Keyboard, Microsoft is introducing its first keyboard to feature a split backspace-spacebar key. This design choice is the result of internal research that showed 90 percent of typists use only their right thumb to press the spacebar, leaving a lot of unused real estate on the left side of the bar. Research also showed the backspace key is the third most pressed key on the keyboard - behind the spacebar itself and the letter "e" - but constantly striking backspace breaks a person's typing stride because of its location on the top right-hand corner of the keyboard. In response to these findings, Microsoft made two adjustments to help increase typing efficiency and speed:

● Increased the width of the spacebar to make the bar easier to strike.
    ● Split the spacebar to make use of the neglected left-hand side as an extra backspace key.

Ergonomics

The Sculpt Comfort Keyboard's advanced ergonomics are the result of many unique design features. In addition to increasing typing efficiency, the keyboard's split spacebar also improves ergonomics by virtually eliminating the awkward "pinky reach" to the standard backspace key, keeping wrists in a comfortable position. The keyboard also sports Microsoft's own Contour Curve design, which features a six-degree bend in the keyboard layout with a dome-shaped arc to help promote a comfortable, neutral wrist position while keeping keys within easy reach. Its removable palm rest can be used for added comfort or easily detached with the press of a button for a sleek, compact look.

Designed by Microsoft, Optimized for Windows

The Sculpt Comfort Keyboard also includes several keys that give customers quick access to the most commonly used Windows 8 features, including Search, Share, Device and Settings hot keys and an updated Windows key. With its wireless USB connectivity, the Sculpt Comfort Keyboard also reduces the unnecessary clutter of wires.

"With Microsoft's new lineup of Windows 8 peripherals, we designed every piece of hardware to provide the best Windows experience possible on any device," said Brett Kelleran, general manager of Microsoft Hardware. "The Sculpt Comfort Keyboard brings the best of Microsoft to the desktop - advanced ergonomics, improved productivity, great design and features optimized for Windows."

The Sculpt Comfort Keyboard will be available soon at the online Microsoft Store and other participating retailers. Estimated retail price is US$59.95.

More information about this and other Microsoft Hardware products can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/hardware.

Cristian_25H, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Enter, Spacebar, Backspace, F5, F9 and F10 wont work all of the sudden

Hi!, Two days ago the Enter, Spacebar, Backspace, F5, F9 and F10 wont work on my laptop when I'm about to use it. I didn't make any impacts or damage to the laptop's keyboard. I even tried disabling the Sticky Keys and other options from the Ease of Access
    (Keyboard) and restarted the laptop about 3-5 times and even Factory Reset the laptop and it still wont do!

Laptop i'm using:

Lenovo X1 Carbon

SpideyBetterDeliverThePizzaASAP, Nov 26, 2018
  4. enter, backspace, spacebar, up and down keys not working

Enter, Backspace , Arrow keys not working

Hello

I have a Lenovo y460p. I am facing problems with its on board keyboard. Enter, Backspace , Arrow keys and some other keys are not working. Please help me to solve it.

thanks

KAUSTUBH KEJRIWAL, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

enter, backspace, spacebar, up and down keys not working

1. enter, backspace, spacebar, up and down keys not working - Similar Threads - enter backspace spacebar

2. Problems with Spacebar enter backspace and up and down keys and problem with fingerprint...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Spacebar enter backspace and up and down keys and problem with fingerprint...: Hello I wonder if anybody can help me with 2 issues i'm having. Problem one : this has been happening for a while my spacebar, enter, backspace, down and up arrow have not been working! By the way the left and right arrow keys are working but the up and down are not. Also it...
  3. Problems with Spacebar enter backspace and up and down keys and problem with fingerprint...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Spacebar enter backspace and up and down keys and problem with fingerprint...: Hello I wonder if anybody can help me with 2 issues i'm having. Problem one : this has been happening for a while my spacebar, enter, backspace, down and up arrow have not been working! By the way the left and right arrow keys are working but the up and down are not. Also it...
  4. backspace and enter key don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    backspace and enter key don't work: Hi, the backspace key and the enter key on my laptop don't work all the time. They work periodically but I don't know what to do. I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backspace-and-enter-key-dont-work/1b7cbf95-0eef-45fc-82bd-2de4ab3a0540
  5. backspace and enter key don't work

backspace and enter key don't work: Hi, the backspace key and the enter key on my laptop don't work all the time. They work periodically but I don't know what to do. I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backspace-and-enter-key-dont-work/1b7cbf95-0eef-45fc-82bd-2de4ab3a0540
  6. Backspace and enter key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backspace and enter key not working: I was playing games with my friends, and I was trying to say something in chat when suddenly the enter key won't work. I was trying to tell my friends that my backspace and enter keys won't work. So I searched on youtube on how to fix this problem, but none of those work,...
  7. Backspace and enter key not working

Backspace and enter key not working: I was playing games with my friends, and I was trying to say something in chat when suddenly the enter key won't work. I was trying to tell my friends that my backspace and enter keys won't work. So I searched on youtube on how to fix this problem, but none of those work,...
  8. Backspace and enter key not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Spacebar or Enter key is not working

in Windows 10 News
    Spacebar or Enter key is not working: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Spacebar and Enter keys are used the most times, and they go unnoticed by anybody who is using a computer. We only realize the value of these unsung heroes of our daily computing when they stop working. It is an [...] This post Spacebar or Enter key is not...
  10. My backspace and enter key aren't working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My backspace and enter key aren't working.: I turned off sticky keys and filter keys. I have reset my computer(Windows 10) and check my driver and nothing is working. It's only those keys and nothing working....