Windows 10: Enter Bitlocker Recovery Key page at boot

Discus and support Enter Bitlocker Recovery Key page at boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Yesterday my laptop got a Windows update and on rebooting, it's stuck at "Enter Bitlocker Recovery Key" page. I never set up the key. It says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HimanshuMadhu, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Enter Bitlocker Recovery Key page at boot

Hi,

Yesterday my laptop got a Windows update and on rebooting, it's stuck at "Enter Bitlocker Recovery Key" page. I never set up the key. It says "there has been a change in secure boot" and hence you need to enter the recovery key. But when I setup my laptop for the first time, I never setup any bitlocker key. Also, the device is not shown in any of microsoft accounts. How do I find the recovery key?

:)

HimanshuMadhu, Oct 14, 2018

2. BitLocker Recovery Key Entered Correctly but it Just Keeps try to reboot

Hello,

BitLocker recovery key can be retrieve using different methods. Since you have entered it correctly and your PC is still unable to boot, we would like to ask for additional information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any changes made prior to this issue?
    • Are there any error messages after you have entered your recovery key?
    • How does your screen looks like after you have entered your recovery key?

Meanwhile, you can check out this support article for the several ways on
    how to find your BitLocker recovery key
    to double check if you were able to locate and enter it correctly.

We'll wait for any updates so we can assist you better.

Jennifer Bri, Oct 14, 2018
  3. BitLocker recovery key

Hi Dan,

We understand that you're experiencing an issue related to Bitlocker.

Just to confirm, are you being asked for a Bitlocker recovery key from the lock screen after booting PC? If not, where are you exactly being asked for a Bitlocker recovery key?

Also, are you the only person that has an account on your device? Have you already done any troubleshooting steps to try to resolve the issue? If yes, what are these troubleshooting steps?

We'll be waiting for your confirmation.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Enter Bitlocker Recovery Key page at boot

Bitlocker Recovery Key.

I have A Windows 10 Pro Laptop Computer That Is Dual Booted With Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1. Whenever I Installed The Windows 7 Ultimate And Logged On To My Windows 10 Pro Boot It Said Enter Bitlocker Code as Usual. So I Entered The Code
    And It Said Enter Bitlocker Recovery Key. and Gave Me Some Troubleshooting Options, So After Logging Onto My Windows 10 Mobile Phone I Was Able To Get 2 Different Bitlocker Recovery Keys But Both Were Incorrect. How Do I Find The Right Bitlocker Recovery Key?

LukeRogers.{Derkaisenblundt-12-08-79-1201-00-0101}, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

Enter Bitlocker Recovery Key page at boot

1. Enter Bitlocker Recovery Key page at boot - Similar Threads - Enter Bitlocker Recovery

2. Bitlocker recovery key page unavailable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker recovery key page unavailable: Hello,yesterday, when trying to access my computer, my BIOS started updating. After it finished the process, I was asked to type my BITLocker. This isn't the first time this has happened to me, but for some reason, unlike the other times, after I enter my credentials, and get...
  3. Bitlocker recovery key page is broken!

Bitlocker recovery key page is broken!: I need to access to my bitlocker recovery key to unlock my laptop again, but when I login to my Microsoft account, and go to aka.ms/mrecoverykey, or any of the other proposed alternative links, it always says “A problem occured. Please wait a moment and then try again.” I...
  4. Bitlocker Recovery Key page not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Recovery Key page not working: I restarted my laptop, just because I hadn't in a while, and when it turned back on it said it needed my bitlocker recovery key.Fine. I had done this before.The big problem is when I log into my mircosoft account on my phone, the page says "something happened, try again...
  5. BitLocker recovery key page broken?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker recovery key page broken?: I'm trying to get at a BitLocker recovery key, saved to my Microsoft account.When I follow the link to https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykey from...
  6. BitLocker recovery key page broken?

BitLocker recovery key page broken?: I'm trying to get at a BitLocker recovery key, saved to my Microsoft account.When I follow the link to https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykey from...
  7. Bitlocker recovery key - showing as wrong device name when entered that page and bitlocker...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery key - showing as wrong device name when entered that page and bitlocker...: Have to enter the bitlocker recovery key on my Lenovo laptop ... logged in to my Microsoft account to find it and when I went to the screen that is supposed to show the bitlocker code .. is displaying but the Device name is different than displayed on the previous screen and...
  8. Bitlocker recovery key - showing as wrong device name when entered that page and bitlocker...

Bitlocker recovery key - showing as wrong device name when entered that page and bitlocker...: Have to enter the bitlocker recovery key on my Lenovo laptop ... logged in to my Microsoft account to find it and when I went to the screen that is supposed to show the bitlocker code .. is displaying but the Device name is different than displayed on the previous screen and...
  9. BitLocker Recovery Key Page Not Responsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Recovery Key Page Not Responsive: Hello, I'm in the process of finding my Bitlocker Recovery key by going to: My Microsoft Account > Devices > Dell Inspiron My Device that needs Bitlocker Recovery Key > View Details > Bitlocker data protection > Manage Recovery Keys and it takes me to a blank page that says:...
  10. BitLocker Recovery Key Page Not Responsive

BitLocker Recovery Key Page Not Responsive: Hello, I'm in the process of finding my Bitlocker Recovery key by going to: My Microsoft Account > Devices > Dell Inspiron My Device that needs Bitlocker Recovery Key > View Details > Bitlocker data protection > Manage Recovery Keys and it takes me to a blank page that says:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker dual boot enter recovery key

2. enter bitlocker recovery boot

3. Bitlocker Recovery Loop with Ubuntu Dual Boot