Windows 10: enter key function issue

Discus and support enter key function issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; when ever I am pressing enter key it is going for spell check.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Thomson Antony, Oct 30, 2018.

1. enter key function issue

when ever I am pressing enter key it is going for spell check.

:)

Thomson Antony, Oct 30, 2018

2. alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Functionality issues in windows 10.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that you are facing functionality issues in Windows 10.

Now, please follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1:

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.
    Ref: Using System File Checker in Windows 10

Method 2:

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state
    or were irrecoverable, then I suggest you to try the following steps to employ the DISM command lines:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Write to us with the updated information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 30, 2018
  4. enter key function issue

Enter key not working on all selections in Start Menu

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• Does Enter key works properly while using other apps/programs?

Kindly follow the below given methods and check if issue persist.

Method 1:

This issue may arise due to keyboard issue while pressing Enter key. I suggest you to run
    the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Method 2:

This issue may also occur due to some system file corruption.
    I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
      • Close the command prompt and restart the system and check if it works.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

enter key function issue

1. enter key function issue - Similar Threads - enter key function

2. Function Keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Function Keys: Hi, how do I make a certain Fn key disabled and reprogram it for another use? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/function-keys/7966f3a3-0163-4e51-83b7-203ac4f42301
  3. Function Keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Function Keys: Hi, how do I make a certain Fn key disabled and reprogram it for another use? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/function-keys/7966f3a3-0163-4e51-83b7-203ac4f42301
  4. Function Keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. function keys issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    function keys issue: in every other laptop I have , i have to press fn key + any f key to perform that function . but in this laptophp 14 windows 10 i have to just press f2 to low brightness f3 to high brightness f7 to low vol. f8 to high vol. . having so much problem in playing minecraft...
  6. Function keys

Function keys: I have the Microsoft bluetooth keyboards and would like to be able to use the function keys like a normal keyboard. How can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/function-keys/95b2359d-6356-490f-a73a-06783cea15a2
  7. Function Keys

Function Keys: I accidently pressed a function key with another key (don't know which for sure) and now ALL my text (letters) are in miniature. Since I don't which keys caused this, I don't know which ones will reverse the situation....
  8. enter keys not functioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    enter keys not functioning: we’ve noticed that enter keys not functioning in some apps like messenger in facebook. but when the laptop is in locked mode and you may enter the password of laptop, enter keys functioning.. what must be the possible trouble for this.?...
  9. function key issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    function key issue: i have a hp laptop with recent windows version.. function keys were working fine . I found that it is not working anymore especially the ones for screen brightness and volume. how to revert this?...
  10. The function keys

in Windows 10 Support
    The function keys: I have an HP 15ayoo9dx lap top. The Function keys (or action keys as they call them) can be enabled or disabled by going in the BIOS. I’m trying to decide if I want to disable or enable. What is the difference? Thank you. 71327