Windows 10: Enter key is acting as left mouse click

Discus and support Enter key is acting as left mouse click in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I have had my wired mouse and keyboard for a while, some months, never had any issues. Last night I went to control panel, went to uninstall a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JeremyUser555, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Enter key is acting as left mouse click

So I have had my wired mouse and keyboard for a while, some months, never had any issues.

Last night I went to control panel, went to uninstall a program, and I repaired both X64 and X86 Microsoft visual C++ programs. I reset my PC today while getting several PC updates. All of a sudden I noticed that when I hit enter in steam chat, my mouse clicked on google and brought google to the front.

This happens everywhere, on steam, google, roblox, microsoft word, and even the desktop, so it's not a specific program's fault.

It shouldn't be the microsoft visual C++ since I REPAIRED those, right? Both 2017.

I am using a windows 10 desktop computer, around 4 or 5 years old but surely that shouldn't mean anything.

-Jeremy

:)

JeremyUser555, Sep 11, 2019
  2. Anak Win User

Left key mouse

Hi Don,

• Is this on your laptop?
    • If it is, are you using the touch-pad and associated keys (please supply name and version of touch-pad) or do you have a separate mouse with USB dongle (please supply name and version of mouse)?

3. Mark Isi Win User
    left mouse buttion not working

Thanks for all these helpful information, Glen. First step that we can try is to isolate if this is a hardware or software issue.

If your keyboard is connected via USB, have you tried plugging it to a different USB port and still get the same results? If you have other working mouse, try it onto your PC and see if the issue will persist and let us know.

As for the software side, check if your drivers are updated to the latest version, particularly with the
    mouse driver. If that didn't fix the issue, follow the steps listed below to perform Windows 10 Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter:

• Ttype Troubleshooting on the Cortana search box and hit the Enter key.
    • Click View All located on the top left corner of the control Panel window.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Run the troubleshooter.

Try out these steps and let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Sep 11, 2019
  4. John Vil Win User

Enter key is acting as left mouse click

Mouse Problem - scroll wheel on steroids!

Hi,

There may be several reasons why your mouse started acting this way after the update. We suggest you try to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to assist you in resolving this issue. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, the next step is to update your mouse driver. You can click on this article for the steps on how to
    Update drivers in Windows 10.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Enter key is acting as left mouse click

1. Enter key is acting as left mouse click - Similar Threads - Enter key acting

2. Why is my left arrow key acting like a left mouse click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my left arrow key acting like a left mouse click: i tried to hard reset the keyboard still didn't work. its a wired keyboard Razor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-left-arrow-key-acting-like-a-left-mouse/3e93c300-050b-45e8-9598-0bb78d0896f1
  3. Why is my left arrow key acting like a left mouse click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my left arrow key acting like a left mouse click: i tried to hard reset the keyboard still didn't work. its a wired keyboard Razor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-left-arrow-key-acting-like-a-left-mouse/3e93c300-050b-45e8-9598-0bb78d0896f1
  4. Right click acts like left click - both with touchpad and mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right click acts like left click - both with touchpad and mouse: I have a Surface Pro 7 which is about 3 months old along with an Arc Touch mouse purchased at the same time. I have been experiencing an intermittent, strange problem that starts and stops on its own. Right-clicking either the mouse or the touchpad acts like a left click....
  5. Left click acting up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Left click acting up: Very quick question but I can find no solution online. Whenever I press a key on my keyboard I cant use the left click until after a couple seconds of there being no keyboard inputs submitted by /u/MasterSord22 [link] [comments]...
  6. My enter key is acting like a left click.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My enter key is acting like a left click.: Anytime I press the enter key, not the one on the number pad, it acts like a left click and brings up the paste/copy window and I cant find out how to fix it. any help would be appreciated, thanks....
  7. Mouse left click acting like a right click

Mouse left click acting like a right click: Both my left and right click are acting like a right click. I have gone into mouse setting and made sure that the left button was selected as the primary button. I have reset the computer and I have checked for and installed updates and the problem still persists. What can I...
  8. Enter key is acting as left mouse click [Solved]

Enter key is acting as left mouse click [Solved]: So I have had my wired mouse and keyboard for a while, some months, never had any issues. Last night I went to control panel, went to uninstall a program, and I repaired both X64 and X86 Microsoft visual C++ programs. I reset my PC today while getting several PC updates....
  9. Mouse left clicks upon numpad Enter stroke?

Mouse left clicks upon numpad Enter stroke?: Good day! I am having an issue where the mouse cursor is treating pressing the ENTER key on the NumPad as a left-click. I don't see anything in the mouse or keyboard settings to turn this off and I do not have the ability to move the mouse with the NumPad selected. Any idea...
  10. my steelseries sensei mouse left click acting strange ??

my steelseries sensei mouse left click acting strange ??: So for the last 3 weeks or so my steelseries sensei mouse is acting very strange, i will click on something say like the little arrow on taskbar that says show hidden icons, i will click it and it will just appear for a few seconds and i will have to click multiple times to...