Windows 10: Enter key muting volume

Discus and support Enter key muting volume in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; whenever i press the enter key, while it does what it's supposed to do, it will also mute the computer volume. the keyboard i use is a logitech G213 if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FenwickFestivities, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Enter key muting volume

whenever i press the enter key, while it does what it's supposed to do, it will also mute the computer volume.
    the keyboard i use is a logitech G213
    if i could have some way to stop this, i'd appreciate it.

:)

FenwickFestivities, Dec 27, 2020
  2. Tendows Win User

Volume Mixer not showing muted app

The application was muted on Windows 10 with November update. Now I am using Anniversary update, on build 14393.10

The initial step did not help make Banished show up in the Volume Mixer, nor did the article.

Tendows, Dec 27, 2020
  3. Volume stuck on Mute

I have windows 7. I have done nothing to change anything but suddenly the volume is stuck on mute. I can't even access the volume key. Suggestions. I have tried going to the control panel and that did not work either.

cherylScherr, Dec 27, 2020
  4. David Haz Win User

Enter key muting volume

Volume goes to zero and mute.

Hi William,

If the volume of your computer automatically mutes, it could be that the audio drivers are corrupted or damaged, or that there are software conflicts occurring within the system. As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the audio troubleshooter
    and lets Windows find and automatically resolve problems with your audio. Here's how to run the audio troubleshooter:

• Select the Start button, then type troubleshoot, and select
      Troubleshoot from the list of results. From there, select
      Playing Audio
      > Run the troubleshooter.

If the troubleshooter does not help resolve the problem with your volume settings, we suggest that you check Device Manager and update your sound card drivers. Updating would replace any corrupted or damaged components of the audio driver. Here's how to
    update your audio drivers through Device Manager:

• Open the Start button, then type device manager, and select
      Device Manager from the search results.
    • Under Sound, video and game controllers, right-click your sound card driver, then select
      Update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically search for updated driver software.
    If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you may look for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions on how to install their driver.

If the above steps doesn't resolve the problem, feel free to post back to us.

David Haz, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

Enter key muting volume

1. Enter key muting volume - Similar Threads - Enter key muting

2. PC volume stuck on mute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC volume stuck on mute: I have a volume indicator stuck on my screen, on top of all other windows AND it is impossible to unmute the volume. I've read that many others have this same problem but the suggested fix "press the function key and F5/F6" is something I don't know how to do. I have function...
  3. PC volume stuck on mute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC volume stuck on mute: I have a volume indicator stuck on my screen, on top of all other windows AND it is impossible to unmute the volume. I've read that many others have this same problem but the suggested fix "press the function key and F5/F6" is something I don't know how to do. I have function...
  4. Volume Full or Mute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume Full or Mute: Issue is volume by pressing buttons moving it up or down or dragging to change it- when it is above 0 anywhere to 100 - the actual volume coming out is exactly the same. When it is 0/mute, nothing comes out. So volume bar doesn't control or influence the actual volume, bar on...
  5. Volume Full or Mute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume Full or Mute: Issue is volume by pressing buttons moving it up or down or dragging to change it- when it is above 0 anywhere to 100 - the actual volume coming out is exactly the same. When it is 0/mute, nothing comes out. So volume bar doesn't control or influence the actual volume, bar on...
  6. Volume goes mute/unmute on pressing some set of keys.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume goes mute/unmute on pressing some set of keys.: When I press a certain set of keys my volume goes mute/unmute. If I press left_ctrl, t, tab,6, pageup, home my volume goes from mute to unmute and vice-versa. I tried deleting and reinstalling USB drivers, Audio drivers, etc but none worked. When I deleted USB drivers and...
  7. volume mute not working

volume mute not working: When i press the mute volume button on my keyboard, it doesnt mute the volume on my computer. the button isnt the problem though. when i press it, the volume thing pops up in the top left, and shows an x in place of the number thats usually how loud the volume is, so it...
  8. keyboard sending weird link pressing enter and muting volume

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard sending weird link pressing enter and muting volume: sometimes when im trying to type it sends a random series of numbers, letters, and backslashes. it also presses enter and mutes my volume. i did a system scan and theres no threats or viruses...
  9. Volume/mute keys on keyboard not working

Volume/mute keys on keyboard not working: The volume and mute keys on my keyboard are not working. However, I know it's not the keys themselves that are broken, because the F1-F3 functions work perfectly fine. The interesting thing is that they work when I have the command prompt running as an administrator and I'm...
  10. Volume decreases until mute

Volume decreases until mute: On my daughter's ultrabook, when she starts watching youtube videos the audio continually gets quieter until it is mute. If I open the sound mixer, I can see the sound from the youtube video is still playing at normal volume. But no sound is coming out of either the built-in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop enter key volume