Windows 10: Enter Key on Keyboard Partially Works but Enter key on number pad works fine.

Discus and support Enter Key on Keyboard Partially Works but Enter key on number pad works fine. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have read through hours of threads and watched hours of YouTube to no avail. One day my enter key simply stopped registering as an enter key on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Neptune1122334455, Nov 9, 2022.

1. Enter Key on Keyboard Partially Works but Enter key on number pad works fine.

I have read through hours of threads and watched hours of YouTube to no avail. One day my enter key simply stopped registering as an enter key on my Samsung Galaxy Alpha Flex laptop running windows 10. I have not done the Windows 11 upgrade yet out of preference. I originally thought the enter key wasn't working but when I press enter multiple times it asks me if I would like to turn sticky keys on. Also, if I turn on keyboard sounds the laptop beeps when I hit all the keys including enter meaning the laptop definitely knowns the key is there. I decided to buy a USB Keyboard with a number pad

:)

Neptune1122334455, Nov 9, 2022
  2. R9
    r9 Win User

macbook g4 ENTER key not working

The thing is that I did not even see what is installed before 10.4. The customer just sad I want you to install this DVD and I did so *Big Grin Enter Key on Keyboard Partially Works but Enter key on number pad works fine. :D.

How to check if the key is working ?
    If it was PC I would enter bios and try there is it working.

3. Volatile Win User

I just tried googling to see if i could come up with a better answer and the first result was this thread *Laugh :laugh:

Well if this is for a customer, did you see that the enter key worked prior to installing the operating system? If it did then it could be the keyboard map is set to an international keyboard or something, if you can get into a user account go to system preferences and then go see what your keyboard is set at.

Volatile, Nov 9, 2022
  4. Volatile Win User

Enter Key on Keyboard Partially Works but Enter key on number pad works fine.

What O/S did you have running before 10.4? And i'm assuming the enter key stopped working right after the 10.4 install so it would have to be a huge coincidence for it to be a hardware issue if it was working 100% right before the install.

Volatile, Nov 9, 2022
Thema:

Enter Key on Keyboard Partially Works but Enter key on number pad works fine.

1. Enter Key on Keyboard Partially Works but Enter key on number pad works fine. - Similar Threads - Enter Key Keyboard

2. Enter keys are not working!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enter keys are not working!: I have Windows 11 laptop. MSI ALPHA 15 and it has two enter keys regular and the num enter key both of them stops working randomly.I have searched this problem on google. I followed the steps which are given on various websites. But I couldn't fix my Enterkey. Key mapping is...
  3. Enter keys are not working!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enter keys are not working!: I have Windows 11 laptop. MSI ALPHA 15 and it has two enter keys regular and the num enter key both of them stops working randomly.I have searched this problem on google. I followed the steps which are given on various websites. But I couldn't fix my Enterkey. Key mapping is...
  4. enter key not working intermittenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    enter key not working intermittenly: at times nothing happens when i push the enter keyi read just now that this could be a driver but i don't think so. my laptop is only three years old and i think all my drivers are up to date.do you suggest something?i am not ableto go out to take the laptop inif the laptop...
  5. my enter key is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my enter key is not working: my enter key is not working ,I also tried to do what the Internet said, but the button still doesn't work.Please explain the steps, in words and pictures, thank you!...
  6. Enter Key on Keyboard Partially Works but Enter key on number pad works fine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enter Key on Keyboard Partially Works but Enter key on number pad works fine.: I have read through hours of threads and watched hours of YouTube to no avail. One day my enter key simply stopped registering as an enter key on my Samsung Galaxy Alpha Flex laptop running windows 10. I have not done the Windows 11 upgrade yet out of preference. I originally...
  7. Backspace and enter key not working

Backspace and enter key not working: I was playing games with my friends, and I was trying to say something in chat when suddenly the enter key won't work. I was trying to tell my friends that my backspace and enter keys won't work. So I searched on youtube on how to fix this problem, but none of those work,...
  8. Shift and enter key not working, other keys are working fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift and enter key not working, other keys are working fine: For those who have this problem, that is SHIFT and ENTER keys are not working , and if its not hardware issue, try thisPress and hold SHIFT and ENTER key and press TABMake sure you open word or WordPad to test it out if it worked I play games and suddenly I had this problem...
  9. Shift and enter key not working, other keys are working fine

Shift and enter key not working, other keys are working fine: For those who have this problem, that is SHIFT and ENTER keys are not working , and if its not hardware issue, try thisPress and hold SHIFT and ENTER key and press TABMake sure you open word or WordPad to test it out if it worked I play games and suddenly I had this problem...
  10. alphanumeric keys on keyboard not working at all, other keys enter,delete,Fx works fine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    alphanumeric keys on keyboard not working at all, other keys enter,delete,Fx works fine: this started happening recently. all of sudden alphanumeric keys only! just not respond-no matter if on laptop keyboard or any wireless. restart solves this temporary. updated to latest windows, no change. tried reinstalling keyoard driver remove from device manager no...