Windows 10: enter keys not functioning

Discus and support enter keys not functioning in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; we’ve noticed that enter keys not functioning in some apps like messenger in facebook. but when the laptop is in locked mode and you may enter the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RheaQuinito, Feb 24, 2019.

1. enter keys not functioning

we’ve noticed that enter keys not functioning in some apps like messenger in facebook. but when the laptop is in locked mode and you may enter the password of laptop, enter keys functioning.. what must be the possible trouble for this.?

:)

RheaQuinito, Feb 24, 2019

2. alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Feb 24, 2019
  3. Enter key not working on all selections in Start Menu

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• Does Enter key works properly while using other apps/programs?

Kindly follow the below given methods and check if issue persist.

Method 1:

This issue may arise due to keyboard issue while pressing Enter key. I suggest you to run
    the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Method 2:

This issue may also occur due to some system file corruption.
    I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
      • Close the command prompt and restart the system and check if it works.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Feb 24, 2019
  4. enter keys not functioning

Inverting Function Keys

Hi Daeri,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Are you able to use function keys using on screen keyboard?

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to try using on screen keyboard and check if you are able to use the functionality of function key.

To open on screen keyboard, type on screen keyboard in the
    search box on the taskbar and select on screen keyboard.

Reply to us with the status of your issue, we will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

enter keys not functioning

1. enter keys not functioning - Similar Threads - enter keys functioning

2. Function Keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Function Keys: I'm having problems with keyboard function keys not working. I get round this by uninstalling keyboard in device manager and restarting computer. This works but it doesn't take long before the function keys stop working again and I have to repeat the process mentioned before....
  3. Function Keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Function Keys: Hi, how do I make a certain Fn key disabled and reprogram it for another use? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/function-keys/7966f3a3-0163-4e51-83b7-203ac4f42301
  4. Function Keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Function Keys: Hi, how do I make a certain Fn key disabled and reprogram it for another use? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/function-keys/7966f3a3-0163-4e51-83b7-203ac4f42301
  5. Function Keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Function keys

Function keys: I have the Microsoft bluetooth keyboards and would like to be able to use the function keys like a normal keyboard. How can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/function-keys/95b2359d-6356-490f-a73a-06783cea15a2
  7. Function Keys

Function Keys: I accidently pressed a function key with another key (don't know which for sure) and now ALL my text (letters) are in miniature. Since I don't which keys caused this, I don't know which ones will reverse the situation....
  8. enter key function issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    enter key function issue: when ever I am pressing enter key it is going for spell check. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enter-key-function-issue/62b2bf5a-4020-44df-9038-8cd83e4a9db2
  9. Function Keys

Function Keys: Why when I open mobility center does it not show an option to turn off my function keys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/function-keys/1b6d1038-0359-4753-bfe8-72add2480013
  10. The function keys

in Windows 10 Support
    The function keys: I have an HP 15ayoo9dx lap top. The Function keys (or action keys as they call them) can be enabled or disabled by going in the BIOS. I’m trying to decide if I want to disable or enable. What is the difference? Thank you. 71327