Windows 10: Enter Network Credentials

Discus and support Enter Network Credentials in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Been working steady on this; can now see media player from both directions which is good; can also see the laptop from the new build desktop, and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by alanbessey, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Enter Network Credentials

Been working steady on this; can now see media player from both directions which is good; can also see the laptop from the new build desktop, and the same the other way. Password protected sharing is turned off on both; but both are asking for Network Credentials. Not sure what to enter here. What's up with that; more digging to do. Might start a new thread

:)

alanbessey, Sep 8, 2018

2. Network Credentials

Hi Sammy,

To assist you better regarding your concern with network credentials, have you checked the Windows credentials for any information about the username and password for the network credentials? If not yet, follow the steps below to access Windows Credentials
    manager.

• Press the Windows icon on the desktop.
    • Type in Windows Credentials.
    We would appreciate as well if you could provide us a screenshot.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Enter Network Credentials !

Hi Mohammed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to turn off the protection and try, follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

• Go to system tray and click on network and sharing.
    • Select change advanced sharing settings at the left top of the screen.
    • At the bottom select All network.
    • Select password protected sharing.
    • Turn off password protected sharing.

Method 2: Run Troubleshooter

• Press Windows key and type Network and sharing center
    • Click on troubleshoot problems
    • Run all the troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Sep 8, 2018
  4. dudley Win User

Enter Network Credentials

network issues, unable to enter network credentials

I upgraded two desktops to Win 10 (one from Win 7 and one from Win 8.1). I have issues with setting up a network.

First, I tried to set up a homegroup and I failed (i already posted another question on this subject with no luck so far). OK, forget about the homegroup, lets do it without it.

At this point, desktop A can see shared folders and a printer on desktop B - I did have to enter network credentials. Desktop B however cannot. It can see the desktop A under Network but when I click on it, it is asking to Enter network credential to connect to A. When I do that, it says that the user name or password is incorrect (and I am using the same user name and password that I use on desktop A to log on). What am I missing?

Both computers are on the same Workgroup "WORKGROUP". BTW - and I am not sure if that is relevant - when I try to enter credentials on desktop B and it is asking for User name and Password, just below it says "Domain: " - is my logging name.

Thanks for any suggestion.

dudley, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

Enter Network Credentials

1. Enter Network Credentials - Similar Threads - Enter Network Credentials

2. Enter network credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Enter network credentials: This is becoming so old. I have two windows 10 desktops and a windows 10 laptop; all can see each other on the network. The laptop and one desktop insist that I enter login credentials to access them. Please do not tell me or direct me to links that say to disable password...
  3. Enter network Credentials

Enter network Credentials: Every few months I try and connect to our house network 2 PCs and printers. I have never been able to get past the Network Credentials problem. Where or how do I gain access to the other items? Please....
  4. Win10 Folder Share Enter Network Credentials

Win10 Folder Share Enter Network Credentials: Hi, I'm having an issue with one laptop on my home network, I have 3 Win10 devices, they are all logged into using the same Microsoft account. I'm able to share folders between two of them but this one laptop always requests 'Enter Network Credentials' and it's not clear...
  5. WINDOWS SECURITY ENTER NETWORK CREDENTIALS

WINDOWS SECURITY ENTER NETWORK CREDENTIALS: Had to do a complete reinstall of windows a few days ago and now cannot access by Synology DS918+. The NAS server shows up in my Private Network but when I try to access it I need to input Windows Security Network Password. I have gone into advance share settings and...
  6. LAN and Enter Network Credentials

LAN and Enter Network Credentials: I am trying to create a local ethernet home network with 2 laptop computers both running Windows 10, version 1909. I have spenthours watching YouTube videos and reading advice on how to get the two laptops to recognise each other - but keep getting the message "Windows...
  7. Asking to enter network credentials when access files on network

Asking to enter network credentials when access files on network: Hi, I did the update on our two PCs this morning. The first PCmain hold our data and the second PCcad accesses that data across the network. I can not get to Main from Cad any longer. It asks for a Network Login which I am unsure of. I can ping both ways between the PCs. Is...
  8. How to disable "Enter Network Credentials"

How to disable "Enter Network Credentials": I wish to do away with this message which asks for a User/Pass that (afaik) doesn't exist. I've followed these instructions (on both machines running Win10) Go to Control Panel. Go to Network & Sharing Center. Click on Advanced Settings. Go to All network Option. Then click...
  9. Windows Security - Enter network credentials

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Security - Enter network credentials: When I try to access my second computer it asks for my network credentials. How do I find out what it is? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-enter-network-credentials/36719ca4-1fb7-416a-ae10-6c6a31b883cd
  10. network issues, unable to enter network credentials

network issues, unable to enter network credentials: I upgraded two desktops to Win 10 (one from Win 7 and one from Win 8.1). I have issues with setting up a network. First, I tried to set up a homegroup and I failed (i already posted another question on this subject with no luck so far). OK, forget about the homegroup, lets...