Windows 10: Enter Network Credentials

Discus and support Enter Network Credentials in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Been working steady on this; can now see media player from both directions which is good; can also see the laptop from the new build desktop, and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by alanbessey, Sep 8, 2018.

1. alanbessey Win User

Enter Network Credentials

Been working steady on this; can now see media player from both directions which is good; can also see the laptop from the new build desktop, and the same the other way. Password protected sharing is turned off on both; but both are asking for Network Credentials. Not sure what to enter here. What's up with that; more digging to do. Might start a new thread

:)

alanbessey, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Carlos Tin Win User

Network Credentials

Hi Sammy,

To assist you better regarding your concern with network credentials, have you checked the Windows credentials for any information about the username and password for the network credentials? If not yet, follow the steps below to access Windows Credentials
    manager.

• Press the Windows icon on the desktop.
    • Type in Windows Credentials.
    We would appreciate as well if you could provide us a screenshot.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Enter Network Credentials !

Hi Mohammed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to turn off the protection and try, follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

• Go to system tray and click on network and sharing.
    • Select change advanced sharing settings at the left top of the screen.
    • At the bottom select All network.
    • Select password protected sharing.
    • Turn off password protected sharing.

Method 2: Run Troubleshooter

• Press Windows key and type Network and sharing center
    • Click on troubleshoot problems
    • Run all the troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Sep 8, 2018
  4. dudley Win User

network issues, unable to enter network credentials

I upgraded two desktops to Win 10 (one from Win 7 and one from Win 8.1). I have issues with setting up a network.

First, I tried to set up a homegroup and I failed (i already posted another question on this subject with no luck so far). OK, forget about the homegroup, lets do it without it.

At this point, desktop A can see shared folders and a printer on desktop B - I did have to enter network credentials. Desktop B however cannot. It can see the desktop A under Network but when I click on it, it is asking to Enter network credential to connect to A. When I do that, it says that the user name or password is incorrect (and I am using the same user name and password that I use on desktop A to log on). What am I missing?

Both computers are on the same Workgroup "WORKGROUP". BTW - and I am not sure if that is relevant - when I try to enter credentials on desktop B and it is asking for User name and Password, just below it says "Domain: " - is my logging name.

Thanks for any suggestion.

dudley, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Enter Network Credentials - Similar Threads - Enter Network Credentials

2. cant access network devices, Enter Network Credentials error - windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cant access network devices, Enter Network Credentials error - windows 10: I hope this is bugging someone smarter than me I can see and access other devices through the network, other devices can see me, but cant access my files, they get "Enter Windows Credentials" which cant be passed what ive dont so far: - network & sharing center: network...
  3. Network credentials

Network credentials: How do I find my network credentials (user name and password using windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/network-credentials/544bb265-6304-4fdf-8615-e16f66629ded
  4. Network Credentials

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Network Credentials: Hi, I have a new Windows 10 PC and am having issues with Network Credentials. The PC is standalone with only one user. When prompted on setup I entered my Hotmail address and password, which I assume are now also my PC's 'network credentials'. I'm now unable to create a...
  5. Enter network credentials access error on Windows 10

Enter network credentials access error on Windows 10: Can't access to other computer on my network Because can't enter my credentials to connect to other computer It says, "The user name or password is incorrect." See attachment below: [ATTACH]...
  6. Re Enter Network Credentials for File History error

Re Enter Network Credentials for File History error: Hi everyone. Every few days I receive a message pop up stating please re-enter network credentials for file history, to back up to my NAS. I then have to go into File History, turn off and then turn back on. It then works straight away (with no need to enter my password...
  7. network issues, unable to enter network credentials

network issues, unable to enter network credentials: I upgraded two desktops to Win 10 (one from Win 7 and one from Win 8.1). I have issues with setting up a network. First, I tried to set up a homegroup and I failed (i already posted another question on this subject with no luck so far). OK, forget about the homegroup, lets...
  8. Network Credentials

Network Credentials: For the entire time that windows has supported networking, with a few brief exceptions, I have had nothing but trouble with accessing other computers on the network. I have suffered decades of “access denied” and “you don’t have permission.” I have set “allow anyone to do...
  9. Network Credentials

Network Credentials: [img] Could anyone please tell me what I need to enter for "Network Credentials" to access these shared folders on I7PC from I7HASWELL? I have password-protected sharing OFF but I am still asked for account name and password. I7PC has only one account, I enter the account...
  10. Windows Security - Enter Network Credentials (ONLY CANCEL OPTION)

Windows Security - Enter Network Credentials (ONLY CANCEL OPTION): Hi All, Wondering if someone can offer some assistance, I have just done a clean install of Windows 10 Professional (July release) and I see a few things have changed, Like the start bar etc. The issue I am having is that whenever I try connect to a network resource...